Clarke Inspired Win

From The Times

January 4, 2008

Well you know what they say........

It will all come out in the end. :whistling:

I would beleive my own team player Ballack than a tabloid all ready to pounce on Chelsea to make a buck. Ballack mentioned that Grant was "loud" in the dressing room. Now the Grant sceptics can say he was grunting or watever. But the truth is it was Grant who gave a Rap to the players..atleast thats wat Ballack said.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea No2 Steve Clarke was the real firebrand inside the dressing room at halftime of their victory at Fulham this week.

Chelsea chief Avram Grant claimed he laid into his stars to spark their 2-1 comeback win on New Year's Day.

But it was actually Clarke who read the half-time riot act.

A Blues insider revealed to The Sun: "Grant said his piece but didn't raise his voice.

"Then Steve tore into the players and told them they were not performing like internationals.

"He questioned their desire and asked if they could honestly say they were doing their best." Source: TribalFootball

Firstly , thats a Horse Shit Source!! Secondly it is clear that the tabloids are cashing up on this "who is in charge at SB" dilemma by publishing stories.

I would beleive my own team player Ballack than a tabloid all ready to pounce on Chelsea to make a buck. Ballack mentioned that Grant was "loud" in the dressing room. Now the Grant sceptics can say he was grunting or watever. But the truth is it was Grant who gave a Rap to the players..atleast thats wat Ballack said.

Ballacks quote was that ''it was loud in the dressing room'', no mention of Grant.

Ballacks quote was that ''it was loud in the dressing room'', no mention of Grant.

I was just about to say that :thumbsup:

I would say....easily 95% of Chelsea fans I have came across on various forums are wanting rid of Grant. Surely we cant all be wrong about this guy. Time for everyone else to get your heads out of the clouds and finally accept that he is a muppet.

gacy.gif

Would you believe this guy has actually raped and murdered 33 young boys and men?

Fat chance, I would say when I look at that seemingly innocent face.

Actually, yes I would believe that. He's got a paedo moustache.

thats not what ballack said on tv. maybe in your head he said grant did but all of us saw live on tv and read what ballack said is 'it was loud in the dressing room during half time'. we didnt say he was grunting or whatever. it is a FACT, not a word twisting, misleading or whatever.

Edited by joe_kura

I saw Grant boasting in post-match interview. What a fucker. Remember Clarke giving post-match interviews sometimes when Mourinho couldn't ? He should start doing it again then we could listen to some proper (Scottish) English. I hope Abramovich knows how to run a succesful business and he should know that Grant is a bad person to manage this business.

Tue, 1st Jan 2008

Having seen his side go a goal down with a sub-standard first 45 minute display at Craven Cottage, it was a busy half-time for Avram Grant.

With Michael Ballack admitting in a post-match interview that the dressing room had been a noisy place as the Chelsea staff attempted to rectify the first-half wrongs, the manager was asked as he reflected on the eventual 2-1 win whether he was the type to break the odd tea cup or two when motivating his players.

'If I need to, yes. If it helps to win, I can break chairs,' Grant smiled in response.

'Maybe you need that sometimes but most of the time, you need to speak to the head of the players,' he explained.

'At half-time, we don't have enough time sometimes but in the time that we have, we can use it. When everybody is nervous, the manager needs to be calm and when everybody is too calm, he needs to be not calm. At half-time, when you see the players are sleeping, you need to wake them.

From the official site: http://www.chelseafc.com/xxchelsea180706/i.../list_2209151_2

Nowhere does he specifically say he shouted, motivated or bollocked them. The official site is about as reliable as The Sun half the time.

Official site bigging up their big mistake. Wow what a surprise.

To be honest i would much rather trust the official site than the Sun, at least the offical site has quotes for you to make your own mind up with. Just because the sun put quote marks around sentances doesn't make them quotes....

To be honest i would much rather trust the official site than the Sun, at least the offical site has quotes for you to make your own mind up with. Just because the sun put quote marks around sentances doesn't make them quotes....

The official site is cuntish about most things. eg Mourinhos departure, and like the mag is a glossy propaganda tool evading anything interesting or crucial. Take Ivanovich, or any transfer, the last place to find any information is the club website.

The official site is cuntish about most things. eg Mourinhos departure, and like the mag is a glossy propaganda tool evading anything interesting or crucial. Take Ivanovich, or any transfer, the last place to find any information is the club website.

Yes that is definately true, but still better than the gossip-mongering and blatant lies from the gutter press....

Wouldn't it be nice to have a somewhere that just reports the news and gives analogy...

gacy.gif

Would you believe this guy has actually raped and murdered 33 young boys and men?

Fat chance, I would say when I look at that seemingly innocent face.

Click.

Edit: oh, and Grant did give a quote which the journalist made the article from, so it wasn't from an insider.

You are missing my point with your pic.

I did not base my decision to believe that article on a photo of Grant.

What I base my assessment on is the same that I do to any person I see on TV or listen to (and have no chance of meeting).

I analyse what they say, how they say it, how they move, their moods when speaking and so on and how others intereact with them when in proximity.

I have had time to watch our new manager now for three months and also hear other stories which all seem to point to the fact that our manager is one reserved cold bland fish albeit a very clever social networker who has the ear of the owner totally.

I would never base my opinion on someone's character or charisma factor based on just looking at a black and white photograph.

Could I be wrong? Yes of course as I and presumably no one here knows Grant personally.

But what you are expecting me to believe is something I simply cannot - that the persona I see and listen to every week (for my sins) is actually nothing like the man the players see in the dressing room. That he turns into a charasmatic, born leader and a truly inspirational manager.

Not buying into it - as for the official Chelsea website, it's one long propoganda machine and is even more so now than ever, I never even log on to it.

Edited by pluto