Clarke Inspired Win

So Grant's been telling porkies.It was Clarke that broke a few tea cups and a chair.

Btw,Clarkey is from the Gorbals,and you don't mess with them eh?

Blimey, i didn't know Clarke was decended from Nazi's!!!! And no, you are right, you don't mess with them.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballacks quote was that ''it was loud in the dressing room'', no mention of Grant.

I saw his interview on ESPN and when asked what did the manager have to say after the first half, ballack replied " Phew!!...he was pretty loud in the dressing room". I wish to believe him than some tabloid hell bent on making a buck at the expense of Chelsea.

Michael Ballack admits Chelsea needed a half-time rocket from manager Avram Grant to defeat Fulham on New Year's Day.

The Blues trailed their West London neighbours 1-0 at the interval at Craven Cottage following a 10th minute Danny Murphy penalty.

However, Chelsea came back to win the game in the second 45 minutes thanks to a Salomon Kalou header and a penalty from Ballack.

And the German, who has hit a run of fine form after the beginning of his season was disrupted by injury, has revealed a half-time reading of the riot act from Grant was responsible for the turnaround.

"It was a bit loud in the dressing room at half-time," Ballack told The Sun. "But we needed it.

Pressure

"We couldn't keep playing like that and a lot of things were changed for the second half.

"We put more pressure on Fulham from the first minute of the restart and we were much better."

Chelsea were missing the likes of Frank Lampard and John Terry due to injury, while Didier Drogba has been absent following knee surgery.

And Ballack believes the victory over Fulham, which keeps Grant's side within six points of Premier League leaders Arsenal, was vital ahead of the departure of Drogba, Kalou, John Obi Mikel and Michael Essien to the African Cup of Nations.

"We were missing a lot of players and it was so important to come through this difficult period still in touch with the leaders," Ballack concluded

lol that sounds about right, he took all the praise for the comeback and if truth be told, we all kinda knew it probably wasnt his motivational teamtalk lol. Steve Clarke shouldve been appointed our next manager anyway instead of grant.

I saw his interview on ESPN and when asked what did the manager have to say after the first half, ballack replied " Phew!!...he was pretty loud in the dressing room". I wish to believe him than some tabloid hell bent on making a buck at the expense of Chelsea.

Michael Ballack admits Chelsea needed a half-time rocket from manager Avram Grant to defeat Fulham on New Year's Day.

The Blues trailed their West London neighbours 1-0 at the interval at Craven Cottage following a 10th minute Danny Murphy penalty.

However, Chelsea came back to win the game in the second 45 minutes thanks to a Salomon Kalou header and a penalty from Ballack.

And the German, who has hit a run of fine form after the beginning of his season was disrupted by injury, has revealed a half-time reading of the riot act from Grant was responsible for the turnaround.

"It was a bit loud in the dressing room at half-time," Ballack told The Sun. "But we needed it.

Pressure

"We couldn't keep playing like that and a lot of things were changed for the second half.

"We put more pressure on Fulham from the first minute of the restart and we were much better."

Chelsea were missing the likes of Frank Lampard and John Terry due to injury, while Didier Drogba has been absent following knee surgery.

And Ballack believes the victory over Fulham, which keeps Grant's side within six points of Premier League leaders Arsenal, was vital ahead of the departure of Drogba, Kalou, John Obi Mikel and Michael Essien to the African Cup of Nations.

"We were missing a lot of players and it was so important to come through this difficult period still in touch with the leaders," Ballack concluded

i think you are the one who try to twisting words here. the Chelsea official webpage also stated the same as, unfortunately, what the sun had written. and still he didnt mention who was giving those rollicking. only the writer of the article said so.

read this article if you dont believe me.

http

://www.chelseafc.com/xxchelsea180706/i...2209129_18

so whoever give the half time talk is still a question..

Wouldnt surprise me if Clarke did.He looks the grrrr type,when a decison goes against us he'll leap us where as said before Grant will just stand there looking around in his own world it seems.

And plus again,he worked with Jose saw how peed off Jose got and what tactics he used prob helped.

Guest Lampards Bitch

Oh come on do you really think Grant could have any inspirational words? Steve Clarke has more passion and I am damn sure it was him that gave the bollocking.