Player Shirt Numbers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.... we should tie Bruma n kakuta atleast to 5-6 yr contracts like Barca do with a heavy release clause.. Hope the club learns from their mistakes they made with the Stoch deal !!!

Our last #7 shirt was given to Quaresma, our #9 is Di Santo who received it in his first season. No offence to the guy, but how can we give the number of JFH and Crespo to someone who wouldn't feature heavily?

The #9 and #7 and now #10 should be reserved for people who are most likely to start, so that being said, I don't think the youngsters are ready for these numbers yet. I've always felt the #7 is for a winger, but that's just my opinion. I see Kakuta as a future #10 :)

5840ddc444b7ae57679ff40e4b6e9e42.jpg

I think its too quick to put kakuta as no 10 but i think if he got the no 20 [after deco leaves] and then as he gets better give him the no 10 would be better as building him up to be a good player rather than giving him the pressures of no 10

How out usual starting 11 would look if it went back to 1 - 11....

1. Cech

2. Ivanovic

5. Alex

6. Terry

3. Cole

4. Mikel

8. Lampard

10. Essien

11. Malouda

9. Drogba

7. Aneka

But will never happen, JT has already said he will always be number 26, and I think alot of players have grown fond of their numbers, Malouda is also 15 for France, and Anelka has always been 39.

I can see Kakuta being no 10 in the furute, out numbers 7 ans 9 need to go to Aguero or Torres ;)

I agree that we need to tie down our youngsters now with heavy release clauses :(

I like Kakuta having the no.10 in the near future too, always thought it would be that way, next season is so crucial :(

Really ? Who gives a F*** what number the players wear aslong as their performing at the highest level whats the difference if there wearing the number 10 or 83 !!

• 1 month later...

So players coming into first team this season, do you think they should get new numbers? I do lol :). But keep numbers 7 and 9 for a good signing of a striker lol :D.

Kakuta = 14

Bruma = 4

And Ramires 20 if we get him..... Or is 20 jinxed? Lol