Player Shirt Numbers

along with arsenal we were the first english team to wear shirt numbers, and with some first team numbers available for youngsters and new signings who do you think should inherit them?

I think it's safe to say Di Santo has blown his chance after a disappointing time at blackburn, along with Carlo's favourtisim towards his fellow italian Fabio Borni. Would love to see Aguero sporting the famous number 9 worn by Osgood but i would understand if another youngster gets it such as Borini.

image-8-for-latest-sport-pictures-o.jpg

Gael Kakuta should inherit J.Cole's number 10. He is the future king of stamford bridge and i'm sure the marketing men will secretly push this anyway, but considering he's a number 10 type performer i couldn't think of a more suited player for this prestigious number in football history.

010268471410100.jpg

If by some chance we sign Aguero i think the last number he should receive is sheva & mutu's number 7. If by some miricle we do sign him the last thing we want on his mind is some petty superstition. Stoch on the other hand lead fc twente to domestic glory, and would surely embrace a chance to wear a first team number and abolish the curse.

n23693084882_7309.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could possibly be a season too early for the youngsters to take these big numbers. But it all depends on how Carlo expects to use them. Would love Kakuta to get 10 and Stoch 7 but like i say, possibly a season too soon.

That's mostly what I had in my mind too.

If we are to sign a striker he should get n9,if not I think Matic should get it.I know he is a CM but n9 would be perfect for him,it would also look good.

If Stoch can break into the first team the n7 would suit him.n13 is an option too but n7 is better for a winger.

Kakuta is a n10 but he has yet to prove himself.Borini or a new striker could get it but Gael looks like the perfect candidate to me.

Sturridge might want any of those but I think n13 could suit him for now.

Sinclair might leave next year so n16 will be free for someone like Van Aanholt,Hutchinso or maybe a new guy.

I think if Alex will be 1st choice CB next year he should have something lower.Riccy will probably leave so that means that n6 will be free,either Alex or Mikel should get it.

Sinclair might leave next year so n16 will be free for someone like Van Aanholt,Hutchinso or maybe a new guy.

number 4 is still available too, would like to see Matic or one of the defensive youngsters sporting that next season.

if your not interested then stay out of the fucking thread, i don't go into a coffee shop and declare i don't like coffee.

the traditional first 11 numbers will always be part of football tradition, along with the billions of fans worldwide who have favourite numbers.

Gael Kakuta should inherit J.Cole's number 10. He is the future king of stamford bridge and i'm sure the marketing men will secretly push this anyway, but considering he's a number 10 type performer i couldn't think of a more suited player for this prestigious number in football history.

pele_06.jpg

I really don't think squad numbers matter, but I suppose for a youngster to be given a number typically given to a first team regular is a great sign of faith, which may inspire them to improve even further.

Good thread %28Y%29.gif

You can't really say youngsters can't take some numbers because they're too "big" - it's the player that plays not the number. What he's wearing won't change how he performs.

The youngsters are not quite there yet...

I agree and everyone seems to think that youth players are gonna make into the team next year but its not gonna happen. I'm not doubting them, and i like seeing them sitting on the bench, hoping that they'll get there chance but it just never seems to happen. The numbers will definately be saved for new signings. People seem to be getting their hopes up way too much, but Kakuta, Stoch or Matic probably wont start many games at all next season, except hopefully in the league cup/ early rounds of the FA Cup.

Thats just how it is.

Our last #7 shirt was given to Quaresma, our #9 is Di Santo who received it in his first season. No offence to the guy, but how can we give the number of JFH and Crespo to someone who wouldn't feature heavily?

The #9 and #7 and now #10 should be reserved for people who are most likely to start, so that being said, I don't think the youngsters are ready for these numbers yet. I've always felt the #7 is for a winger, but that's just my opinion. I see Kakuta as a future #10 :)