Carlo Ancelotti Vs Jose' Mourinho

25in32h.jpg

The great managers in football taught the like minded hungry players how to win, why else do you think jose' left

Chelsea so soon after Sheva & Ballack came in. They are the figure heads for fans worldwide,

they sell shirts and stay big names even when their form dips.

During the back to back winners period Jose' never signed 'Pepsi' names, by that I mean global

anti-form players. Drogba was a big signing but by no means did he have his face on walls worldwide. This is why

I believe Jose' will resist man-utd when he returns to the premier league because these players have absorbed fergie's wisdom for too long.

When you are taught to win for that many years with the same manager another philosophy will be wasted on established players.

Jose' would have to get rid of the celebrated players such as Giggs, Scholes and Neville.

just like he did at Chelsea by getting rid of Desailly, Hasselbaink and neglecting Carlo Cudicini.

Ancelotti does things differently and has a completely contrasting approach but he holds the winning formula.

Player power simply cannot exist in a big club environment because their becomes too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Jose' demands instant results and exploits every possibly way he can influence a game

such as using his mind games both before and after the final whistle.

Carlo portrays a calm and patient persona whilst the likes of Roman and Ron Gourlay are demanding the world and everything in it.

He is communicating with the players and leading them efficiently, he knows how to handle indvidual characters such as Drogba

who need to be centre of attention. He knows Didier is too far gone to change and instead molds his mind elsewhere.

One philosophy has to reign supreme, his social skills with the players hypnotizes them into accepting his formula

and philosophy's. When Jose' left he labeled his star chelsea players as 'his', Jose' may have

turned them into winners but Carlo knew after grant and scolari the players had the hunger to win again.

The more than special one's history of achievements at ac milan will have initially won them over.

Indirectly Ancelotti more or less openly admitted to the corruption in italian football and suggested towards the reason

why he had only won the league once. The powers that be had been arraigning referees for juventus,

despite this Ancelotti believed in his own ability and led the milanese to champions league glory once again.

As long as Roman maintains his working relationship with Carlo, maybe even let him 'do a Scolari' and demand a player,

I think john terry's army will get another chance to make history in Europe (luck permitting).

16hm4hg.jpg

Edited by Terminator X

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent post. Very insightful. I agree about Carlo, he also has the likeability factor which has warmed him to Chelsea hearts very quickly. Mourinho was adored by the press but the majority of opposition fans couldn't stand him. What both managers do is take the attention away from their players, which is very skilful. However Carlo is more tact at doing so than Mourinho, although this is probably due to his lesser knowledge of the English language. Unlike Mourinho who leaves behind the pieces for someone else to continue, Ancelotti may well leave his very own legacy with this club. He can be the man to finally put us at Europe's top table.

Good post :)

I'm beginning to prefer Carlo; I had my doubts at the start of the season but now i'm warming to him. And thats not just because he's won the title and the Fa Cup (although that has proved his merit), i just like his way of dealing with the team, in a different style to Mourinho. For instance, he actually uses the young players, giving them chances in some games, but even their prescence on the bench in some games is something not seen with Mourinho. He was a great manager but i feel Carlo allows us to play better football; for instance Mourinho seemed happy with winning 1-0 and then shutting up shop, and defending, not pushing for the extra goals, whereas with Carlo we've seen Chelsea banging them in, with the four, 7 goal results that stand out. I hope Carlo continues to impress so we dont have to go through even more managers.

Edited by BomTrett

With the impression Carlo has given us so far, i can see him leading his own legacy and could be here for the long term. The fact he has used alternatives against his orginally planned shows us something with Big Flop didn't, and it looks like he is determined to start using youngsters which is good for the club's future.

In one season he has given us quality football, broken records and three new things in the cabinet and all without one signing. Makes you wonder, what does the next season follow?

I like the calm he exudes ...no need to adopt a siege mentality .. he will make more friends than enemies ...also is a man of his word ,,,would have liked to have

seen him run naked in the snow last january after signing Messi

I like him more than mourinho he is a better manager in my opinion, his calm attitude breezes through the club. He is also very smart tactically, he knows which games to play mikel or too play essien. The game against fulham he started mikel because he knew its a derby match that Fulham will be up for it, so he started someone who can retain the ball in midfield, he started with mikel and he had a 93% pass accuracy for that game according to opta stats. The game against liverpool at anfield which really clinched the title he played kalou on the left knowing mascherano was playing right back, he clearly told the players to keep getting the ball out to the left wing and kalou beat him a number of times.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we would have to wait for a couple more years before we can say who has been better for us !!! Both are world class - no question about it. But TSO imo is slightly better when it comes to tactical awareness... Carlo is more of what we need now to shed the negative image Jose brought on us.. He is good with the media and other managers.. Plays good football, no drama, no controversies, never blames the ref.. So credit to him where it is due... A couple of years like this with a few more trophies and who knows? We may well replace Arsenal as the darling of the media :)

Edited by NoFear