Chelsea fans not backing England

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support England if John Terry was dropped?

No its not a portion even the england players have anger issue's world 90 world cup 98 and world cup 2006 all seen english players getting red cards for violent conduct. I seen trouble between other nations too, but when i was in holland in euro 2000 everyone was like are these people normal ?. The english were horrendous, racist chanting throwing glass bottles at the local people fist fights, pissing in the road, streaking naked across a road. I never seen this type of hooliganism in any of the other nations fans, it was like a bunch of stone aged people entered a time machine and landed in holland. So many people all together as well it was like they organized it before they arrived.

It's true.. England fans haven't done justice to their reputation of having the most hooligans. However I think that there's a new generation of fans emerging now, one that's not so quick to get drunk, throw up there fists, streak naked ect. Most fans learnt their lesson after those 2 Leeds United fans were killed in Istanbul in 2000. Football hooliganism is down though, there's no denying. Throughout the qualifying campaign I heard nothing of it.

I'll always believe Spain have by far, the worst fans. Openly racist and not afraid to show it..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, strange that Badboy and Shane hate the English but support an English team.

I will always follow the national team, albeit without much expectation, especially if they dropped JT.

It's true.. England fans haven't done justice to their reputation of having the most hooligans. However I think that there's a new generation of fans emerging now, one that's not so quick to get drunk, throw up there fists, streak naked ect. Most fans learnt their lesson after those 2 Leeds United fans were killed in Istanbul in 2000. Football hooliganism is down though, there's no denying. Throughout the qualifying campaign I heard nothing of it.

I'll always believe Spain have by far, the worst fans. Openly racist and not afraid to show it..

The younger generation are just as bad im afraid.

UK youths 'among worst in Europe' _42087234_binge_gettybody.jpg British youngsters have a reputation for heavy drinking Britain's teenagers are among the most badly behaved in Europe, a study by a think-tank has suggested. On every indicator of bad behaviour - drugs, drink, violence, promiscuity - the UK was at or near the top, said the Institute for Public Policy Research.

The institute looked at the results of a number of studies of adolescents conducted in recent years.

The researchers believe the country's record can be explained by a collapse in family and community life in the UK.

Free time

Measured against German, French and Italian youngsters, British 15-year-olds are drunk more often and involved in more fights, and a higher proportion have had sex.

The institute says young Britons are marked out by how they spend their free time.

o.gifstart_quote_rb.gif They are not learning how to behave - how to get on in life - as they need to end_quote_rb.gif<br clear="all"> Nick Pearce

IPPR inline_dashed_line.gif

Send us your comments Why teens go wrong

In England, 45% of 15-year-old boys spend most evenings out with their friends, and in Scotland the figure is 59%.

In France just 17% of boys spend their time in the same way.

On the other hand, European teenagers tend to sit down for meals with their parents far more often.

Some 93% of Italian teenagers eat regularly with their families; in the UK just 64% of 15-year-olds do the same.

'Structured interaction'

Nick Pearce, from IPPR, said these figures pointed to an "increasing disconnect" between children and adults.

He said youngsters were learning how to behave from one another instead of from adults.

"Because they don't have that structured interaction with adults, it damages their life chances," he said.

"They are not learning how to behave - how to get on in life - as they need to."

The researchers concluded that the lack of adult interaction has left British teenagers increasingly vulnerable to failure.

Brand awareness

One study looked at by the IPPR suggested 38% of British 15-year-olds in 2003 had tried cannabis - compared with 7% in Sweden and 27% in Germany.

Another said that in 2003 British 15-year-olds were the third worst binge-drinkers in Europe - only Denmark and Ireland were worse.

Britons are also more immersed in consumerism than American youngsters, the research claimed.

This was indicated by their brand awareness and the amount of importance they attached to consumer goods and possessions.

The IPPR's report is due to be published next week.

bbc news

Okay I have to stop you there! As a 17 year old British student, I have CONSTANTLY been labelled as a "typical youth drunk" even though I have never even been drunk!

Yes it's true people my age to drink and get drunk, but so what? The media in England has severely over-hyped the youth of this country, everywhere we go people are looking at us like we're about to pull a knife or start drinking randomly. It really annoys me sometimes because people believe the media and we're suffering because of it.

This year, more teenagers than ever before took an interest in the general election. No-one has noticed the contributions we are making. One of my good friends is in the Youth Parliament. He has sat in the House of Commons to have his say. University fees have been cut which means places are going, is it any wonder SOME kids will turn to the streets when the education system has let them down?

The Spanish and Italian 'fans' and police are a disgrace!

Not as extreme as the english, the english fan base are just a bunch of violent lunatics. The man utd fans in rome that were beaten by the rome police were ripping out chairs and throwing them at the roma fans.

Not as extreme as the english, the english fan base are just a bunch of violent lunatics. The man utd fans in rome that were beaten by the rome police were ripping out chairs and throwing them at the roma fans.

José Mourinho said something very true about Italian Football. It's run by the Ultras.

For people who don't know, Ultras are a group of fans, of Italian Football Club (such as Inter Milan, AC Milan, Juventus..). Their main purpose is to cause violence. They strive on beating up the opposing fans and thus has made Italian football very dangerous. They are not afraid to show emotion, they will throw flares onto the pitch, chant racist anthems across megaphones (even to their own players) and are very disrespectful.

After the legendary Paolo Maldini retired from AC Milan, the Ultras did something disgraceful. Held up a banner stating "There is only one captain, Baresi". You can read the full story here

The point here is, to call English fans the worse is very unfair, and quite frankly untrue. The state of Italian hooliganism and racism of Spanish, the English have become quite "good" fans in recent years.

This is why England should never get a major football tournament ever.

When foreign fans come to England please find one instance where the fans have been attacked by police or other fans with no aggravation.

I have personally witnessed and had the bruises to prove it, that foreign police just attack with no aggravation at all. We were just walking out of the stadium and there's a a man walking about 2 foot steps away from the line of police. Half way through one of them just swings for him and there police go crazy and start swinging at everyone. No aggravation at all. They're scum of the earth, the smiles on there faces when doing so. Knowing there would be no repercussions.

Foreign fans attacking fans in shirts. One Inter Milan fan even bottled a women.

At least in England the police have control.

I haven't been to Holland yet to follow football, but I have only heard bad things about your police. I will make my assumption in July at the Pre-season friendly.

Edited by we hate scouse

When foreign fans come to England please find one instance where the fans have been attacked by police or other fans with no aggravation.

I have personally witnessed and had the bruises to prove it, that foreign police just attack with no aggravation at all. We were just walking out of the stadium and there's a a man walking about 2 foot steps away from the line of police. Half way through one of them just swings for him and there police go crazy and start swinging at everyone. No aggravation at all. They're scum of the earth, the smiles on there faces when doing so. Knowing there would be no repercussions.

Foreign fans attacking fans in shirts. One Inter Milan fan even bottled a women.

At least in England the police have control.

I haven't been to Holland yet to follow football, but I have only heard bad things about your police. I will make my assumption in July at the Pre-season friendly.

That is terrible, a human should not be attacked for nothing.

Funny how Wembley, England has been chosen to host Champions League Final next year ;-)

The Champions League Final is a 90 min match, im talking about a major international football tournament.