How hungry are we?

Untill we win CL we won't be counted as a big European club and I think that is all we want to be. I really hope we win CL next year and I think it is more important than the League. We have won the League 3 times in 6 years and have proven that we can do it ... now we have to prove we can win CL. Some people are saying Nottingham Forrest and Aston Villa and even Crvena Zvezda or Marseille are bigger clubs than us because they won CL and I want that to change. I don't care about history (I have always been the guy who looks what is going to happen instead of what thinking about what has happened) but I think CL trophy is the key for all the doubters to shut their mouths and finally see Chelsea as a big European giant. We would also get a lot of recognition around the world and more fans and we would grow as a brand.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Untill we win CL we won't be counted as a big European club and I think that is all we want to be. I really hope we win CL next year and I think it is more important than the League. We have won the League 3 times in 6 years and have proven that we can do it ... now we have to prove we can win CL. Some people are saying Nottingham Forrest and Aston Villa and even Crvena Zvezda or Marseille are bigger clubs than us because they won CL and I want that to change. I don't care about history (I have always been the guy who looks what is going to happen instead of what thinking about what has happened) but I think CL trophy is the key for all the doubters to shut their mouths and finally see Chelsea as a big European giant. We would also get a lot of recognition around the world and more fans and we would grow as a brand.

Wrong...Chelsea is already counted as a Big European club...

Wrong...Chelsea is already counted as a Big European club...

Wrong.

Chelsea has the status of being one of the strongest teams in Europe at the moment.

Chelsea isnt seen as Big European Club and rightfully so.

Big diffrence !

We haven't won the Europa Cup I, II, CL or Uefa Cup/Europa League.

If for some reason we dont even compete for a European glory in like ten, twenty years, the fact that we were one of the strongest teams will be ''forgotten''.

Edited by Blue_Soldier

Wrong.

Chelsea has the status of being one of the strongest teams in Europe at the moment.

Chelsea isnt seen as Big European Club and rightfully so.

Big diffrence !

We haven't won the Europa Cup I, II, CL or Uefa Cup/Europa League.

If for some reason we dont even compete for a European glory in like ten, twenty years, the fact that we were one of the strongest teams will be ''forgotten''.

Yeah, your absolutly right...but I belive in ten, twenty years, Chelsea will get 2 or 3 UCL.

Edited by Henrique

God, i would love to see us lift that cursed throphy one day.

Everyone saying that the CL-games require less consistency are right, but that is EXACTLY what makes it that exciting to wacht. Both teams always have a chance to progress to the next round. And what is more entertaining to watch than a team fighting for a result, in wich every decission and every goal has a direct influence on the result?

CL is more important, everybody knows it...but you cant sacrifice Premier League trying to get it.

I wasn't saying that we should sacrifice the Premier League to get it, I don't want that to happen, but if you ask me whether I want two Premier League titles or a Champions League title I wouldn't think twice.

And honestly speaking, the Final we lost against Manure in Moscow two years ago, it hurts me every day, and every day even more, and the way we lost it... I believe that if we had lost it like Bayern did yesterday it wouldn't be this painful and bitter, but the way we lost it, I'm always like "ah... if only JT scored that pen!"

I hope I'll see the blues lift the CL trophy in my lifetime. We deserve it, so many years being the strongest and one of the best teams in Europe. I'm really confident that we can do it next year in Wembley.

Edited by blackjack

Winning the league is a great achievement for the club and a great feeling for the fans, winning the Champions League is twice better than that.

You win the league and you are crowned Champions of England, you win the CL - you are crowned Champion of EUROPE.

You get much more reputation if you win the CL than if you win the League. I'm not saying I don't care about the league, but I'm being honest; I'd rather win a CL than two leagues, winning the CL is simply incomparale.

It's the biggest title in club football.

Agree 100 % with you.

I am so hungry to win this trophy it s unreal!

The fact we have been so close so many times makes me even more hungry. Every time we lose out i get that little bit hungrier. We have to win this trophy soon!

I dont think resting players and having one eye on the next game is a good idea, its what Liverpool have done in the past and look at them now...

We need to play consistantly good football in the league, if our form is good going into a midweek CL game then our confidence should see us through, we are strong enough to beat any team in Europe on our day, a good run of form can go a long way, resting players wont help that.

Priorities for next season:

1. Premiership

2. CL

3. FA Cup

4. Whipping the Yids at White Hart Lane

5. League Cup

Then we should learn from our experience. Score goals from open play, instead of relying on the ref to give correct decisions for free-kicks or penalties. And don't give the ref an excuse to give us a dodgy decision; play by the book.

Im sick of hearing this excuse. The refs are paid to do there jobs properly and we have every reason to want them to do it. If we are stopped by a player in the box like the pique hand ball or kalou being brought down when hes one on one with the keeper then its the refs job to blow the whistle and give us a penalty. Clearly no one would want to score that way and would prefer to score in open play but i would prefer and penalty and score then not getting a goal at all.

The Barcelona game for example how many chances did we get denied by bad ref decisions. What are we meant to do when these are not getting called just accept it and say we should of scored from open play.