How hungry are we?

To win the Champions League?

The UCL has always been more important than the League for me, and seeing another team lift the trophy makes me even more hungry each year, and I'm always like 'next year it's ours'.

Do you think we can do it next year, plus considering that the final is going to be played at our second home?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound like Rafa Benitez lol.

I agree with Lamps, the Champions League would be great, and would put us among Europes elite, but I wouldnt sacrifice Domestic glory ahead of it though. Our double this year has been special, the Champions League is an added bonus if we can win it one year. IMO of course.

You sound like Rafa Benitez lol.

I agree with Lamps, the Champions League would be great, and would put us among Europes elite, but I wouldnt sacrifice Domestic glory ahead of it though. Our double this year has been special, the Champions League is an added bonus if we can win it one year. IMO of course.

Well yeah, I might sound like Rafa but I want this Cup more than anything else. It's what I dream for.

We've been so close for so many times:

2004 - Semi final

2005 - Semi final

2007 - Semi final

2008 - Final

2009 - Semi final

We surely are one of the best teams in Europe, and it would be a shame if we don't get crown as the best in Europe in the near future.

I really hope to God that we win it next year.

blue%20scalf.gif

Oh I agree mate, we have come so close over the last 5-6 years, were due a bit of luck in the competition thats for sure lol.

Premiership comes first though, always will IMO.

For the club, it's the biggest thing on the agenda. Especially as far a Roman goes.

For ME, make no mistakes about it I'd absolutely LOVE to win the Champions League but like most of you guys I hold the league higher.

We just have to win the Champions League. To be named the best team of Europe would be absolutely amazing. Just seeing Mourinho and Inter lifting that cup yesterday.. Words cant describe that feeling. That feeling was also so much better because they won the Triple.

I really really hope i can see Chelsea winning the Triple in the near future excl.gif

anyone saying the premier league comes first is in denial due to the fact inside they feel we will never win it.

:ballack:

Yes I'd like us to win the CL, but if we should take anything from the past it shows that you need a bit of luck to win it. You dont need luck to win the League Title, you need consistency. One dodgy decision in the CL and you're fucked.

Yes I'd like us to win the CL, but if we should take anything from the past it shows that you need a bit of luck to win it. You dont need luck to win the League Title, you need consistency. One dodgy decision in the CL and you're fucked.

Then we should learn from our experience. Score goals from open play, instead of relying on the ref to give correct decisions for free-kicks or penalties. And don't give the ref an excuse to give us a dodgy decision; play by the book.

Agree. You have to think about winning the domestic league, and see what happens in Europe...if Chelsea squad will be good enough to retain the Premier League, will also be good enough to win the CL.

Agree. You have to think about winning the domestic league, and see what happens in Europe...if Chelsea squad will be good enough to retain the Premier League, will also be good enough to win the CL.

not necessarily.

i think next season carlo should field a weak squad for league games when a champions league game follows only a few days after.

not necessarily.

i think next season carlo should field a weak squad for league games when a champions league game follows only a few days after.

Are you serious ? Im seriously asking if you're serious..

not necessarily.

:blink: what if we get done over by a ref in the semi final and because we have fielded weaker sides in prem games we lose the league by 2 points ?

not necessarily.

We are talking about the fucking Premier League...not about the Dutch League, French League, German League or Italian League.

Winning the league is a great achievement for the club and a great feeling for the fans, winning the Champions League is twice better than that.

You win the league and you are crowned Champions of England, you win the CL - you are crowned Champion of EUROPE.

You get much more reputation if you win the CL than if you win the League. I'm not saying I don't care about the league, but I'm being honest; I'd rather win a CL than two leagues, winning the CL is simply incomparale.

It's the biggest title in club football.

:blink: what if we get done over by a ref in the semi final and because we have fielded weaker sides in prem games we lose the league by 2 points ?

i'm not talking about MAJOR changes but just leaving out the likes of lamps, didier, essien and a few others, this would be great for the likes of kakuta, stoch & sturridge. Although like you said we could get done over by a ref once again, but the potential for success through better preparation and rests inbetween league games for the players far outweighs the risk. The younger players could really make a name for themselves and become a real part of the squad instead of just getting the last 10 minutes of games.

Winning the league is a great achievement for the club and a great feeling for the fans, winning the Champions League is twice better than that.

You win the league and you are crowned Champions of England, you win the CL - you are crowned Champion of EUROPE.

You get much more reputation if you win the CL than if you win the League. I'm not saying I don't care about the league, but I'm being honest; I'd rather win a CL than two leagues, winning the CL is simply incomparale.

It's the biggest title in club football.

CL is more important, everybody knows it...but you cant sacrifice Premier League trying to get it.