Ivanovic this season

Shane

IMO, He has been our best defender, and most improved player in the Premiership. Very good going forward, Not the same speed as Bosingwa, But is a better crosser of the ball, and also is solid at the back, Not much goes by him, and I haven't seen a winger get the better of him this season. Hope it continues, He could have a long future at the club if it does.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thank God he stayed at the club and didn't leave during the rumours. I've always considered him as a perfect defender and...here you go, that's that Bane I know from Russia. Love that guy and really hope he'll stay with us a long time.

Ivanovic has been immense this year. I would consider him a Chelsea player of the year candidate definately. Whether he will get it or not considering the form of Drogba, A.Cole and Anelka is another matter but still a revelation this year. I would choose Ivanovic over Bosingwa any day.

Ivanovic has been immense this year. I would consider him a Chelsea player of the year candidate definately. Whether he will get it or not considering the form of Drogba, A.Cole and Anelka is another matter but still a revelation this year. I would choose Ivanovic over Bosingwa any day.

ivanovic or bosingwa ,,,what a great choice to have ,,,but remember ivo can play cb and prob holding midfielder .. we are lucky now to have a large number of versatile players who can slot into different positions ....gives the manager so many options

for me he is the best rightback for big games in the whole world he is very solid defensivly he is absolutly perfect when he goes forward he seems to find a way every now and then ..... i think he should be 1st choice before bosingwa in big games but in other games as hull wigan westham and that kind of teams bosingwa will have a lot to say he has got amazing skills when it comes to going forward and great pace as well ...

for me he is the best rightback for big games in the whole world he is very solid defensivly he is absolutly perfect when he goes forward he seems to find a way every now and then ..... i think he should be 1st choice before bosingwa in big games but in other games as hull wigan westham and that kind of teams bosingwa will have a lot to say he has got amazing skills when it comes to going forward and great pace as well ...

yet the fool that writes for the Daily Star claims we will bid 30mill for Alves in summer ....To become our 3rd choice right back ,,,yes makes great sense

He is, In My Honest Opinion, a superb player. A great defender in both right and centre back and isn't a bad crosser of the ball. Can't wait how amazing he can get in future seasons, obvious candidate for player of the year!