Javier Pastore joins PSG

the wes

Should this video be highlighting how good he is or how poor his passes are ?

Been watching his 8-10 minute match compilation against every team in Serie A and although it looks like he tends to give the ball away sometimes (Being a young playmaker he will only get better as he matures), he tends to glide through the middle elegantly. And you see that most of his passes are forward, which will be stark contrast to our lateral passing. Would be refreshing to see him in the middle, releasing the likes of Sturridge, Drogba, Torres, Benayoun, Malouda.

Note that he was voted Serie A Young Player of the year last season in only his second season in Italy ahead of Sanchez.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching his 8-10 minute match compilation against every team in Serie A and although it looks like he tends to give the ball away sometimes (Being a young playmaker he will only get better as he matures), he tends to glide through the middle elegantly. And you see that most of his passes are forward, which will be stark contrast to our lateral passing. Would be refreshing to see him in the middle, releasing the likes of Sturridge, Drogba, Torres, Benayoun, Malouda.

Note that he was voted Serie A Young Player of the year last season in only his second season in Italy ahead of Sanchez.

Good post mate.

I'm looking at some Pastore videos and in the comment section most of them all i see is welcome to PSG... i really hope we get him, obviously because he is a talented young player, but also it will be fun to see how depressed all of the PSG fans are, seeing as they are so confident now. Deep down i actually think he will be a PSG player, but i hope to God he wont be.

And that is exactly why i think 40+ millions are too much for him, for only 35 millions you can get a young world-class player who has already matured and still has lots of years ahead of him like Cesc or Luka .

Again he is a very good prospect and can be a very good addition but he is definitely not worth 40+ millions.

I will like to see Javier Pastore at Chelsea because he is a talented player, so i will be happy if Abramovich can improved the money to sign him.

Reports in France are indicating that Pastore's agent will travel to London today to listen to Chelsea's offer. PSG have already signalled their intent and Palermo are waiting to see if Chelsea will match or raise the PSG offer. PSG supporters are incredibly confident he will be going there, I am currently discussing the transfer on the PSG forum. I honestly think that he will go to PSG where he will be loved and not just 'another star,' and he can continue his development as a guaranteed starter week-in week-out.

Gutted to be missing out on another target.

Reports in France are indicating that Pastore's agent will travel to London today to listen to Chelsea's offer. PSG have already signalled their intent and Palermo are waiting to see if Chelsea will match or raise the PSG offer. PSG supporters are incredibly confident he will be going there, I am currently discussing the transfer on the PSG forum. I honestly think that he will go to PSG where he will be loved and not just 'another star,' and he can continue his development as a guaranteed starter week-in week-out.

Gutted to be missing out on another target.

why would his agent fly to london to see if we will match psg's bid? Does that not sound strange? Surely if we were going to better the deal we would have done so at the negotiating process and if not surely it would only take a phone call or fax to inform us of the psg offer and ask us to up ours! No i dont think for a moment thats the reason he is coming to london, if he even is coming over.

Pastore will choose at the end of the day. Paris or London? Ligue 1 or Premiership? Chelsea or PSG? Both teams will fight for their respective titles, PSG are loaded now and we can't just say it's for the money because we can offer huge wages too. He may just think the French league suits his style of play and Paris may be of his liking so you just have to respect his decision. Ligue 1 is a comfortable league to play in. The easier life i suppose. If his representatives are coming to London, something may of happened on the quiet, we can hope.

My concern is that AVB thinks we have a good squad and he's happy with it. I think we're at least a playmaker and a winger short as does every Chelsea fan i think. I'm concerned for the upcoming season.

Pastore will choose at the end of the day. Paris or London? Ligue 1 or Premiership? Chelsea or PSG? Both teams will fight for their respective titles, PSG are loaded now and we can't just say it's for the money because we can offer huge wages too. He may just think the French league suits his style of play and Paris may be of his liking so you just have to respect his decision. Ligue 1 is a comfortable league to play in. The easier life i suppose. If his representatives are coming to London, something may of happened on the quiet, we can hope.

My concern is that AVB thinks we have a good squad and he's happy with it. I think we're at least a playmaker and a winger short as does every Chelsea fan i think. I'm concerned for the upcoming season.

It isn't just limited to that. I have been talking with PSG fans and they are confident he will sign because he will be their 'star player' instead of being just one other footballer.

And PSG are currently in London themselves for the Emirates Cup, Pastore's agent will be meeting both parties I presume.

It's clear to me. He is probably going to get the same wages, or close to it, wherever he decides to go. Does he want to move forward and compete in the best league in the world? If he doesn't have the competitive spirit to step up and play with the big boys, I'm not sure I want him here.

Note: The author of this post may have had his comments tinged with premature sour grapes.:whistling: