Drogba has record in sights

Badboy

Didier Drogba is confident he can break Bobby Tambling's record tally of 202 goals for Chelsea.

The 31-year-old currently has 102 goals for the Blues leaving him ninth in the overall goalscoring standings.

If the Ivory Coastspacer.gifinternational continues at the same rate as he has since signing forthe club in summer 2004 then the former Marseille man will be 36 by thetime he breaks the record.

The striker already has a new contractkeeping him at Stamford Bridge until 2012 and the player believes, ifhe can stay injury free, the 39-year-old record is within his grasp.

"I feel young even if I am 31," he told the club's official website. "I want to run and I am not tired so I will do everything to score 200 goals for Chelsea.

"IfI am in good health and don't have any injuries I can do it and if I doit, I also want some trophies around me and around the team, theChampions League especially and the Premier League.

"It is important for me and the club."

Concerned

Drogbaspacer.gifhas started the season on fire with eight goals from 11 games in allcompetitions but the frontman admits he does worry when the African Cupof Nations comes around in January.

Chelsea are set to lose Drogba, as well as Salomon Kalou,spacer.gifJohn Obi Mikelspacer.gif and Michael Essienspacer.giffor up to a month and with the club currently banned from signing anyplayers it could prove to be a turning point in the title race.

"Iam concerned because Chelsea is my team but at the same time I know theclub is going to find a way to keep winning the games without us," headded.

"As much as we want to go to Africaspacer.gif and represent our countries, we want to be back here soon and playing again with Chelsea." Skysports

In my opinion he has no chance at !

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not impossible,

34 Goals every season, henry-like:smiliecap1: but he must stay fit every game an i don't think that will happen, cause he works hard and puts everythin in his challanges and tacklings and attacking, so injurys are only a matter of time...

greets

Edited by Clevemayer

If he gets around 35 this season(he already has 10 in 12 games), and scores atleast 20 in the next 4 (+/- 3-4 goals) He can do it. Id say, he would smash it.

He has been a late bloomer. And I can see him here for the next four seasons, provided he keeps his head in the right place.

Also, note that in last two seasons Drogba has a goal every two games. And he didnt play many in the last two seasons.

Edited by warnie_666

At his age it will be very very difficult for him to break that record now! It isn't impossible but not very likely. He will be missing a chucnk of games this season due to the ACN which will hamper this seasons goal tally.

At his age it will be very very difficult for him to break that record now! It isn't impossible but not very likely. He will be missing a chucnk of games this season due to the ACN which will hamper this seasons goal tally.

4 games. Thats not a big chunk. And that too if Ivory Cost reach the finals. If they dont, he will be back soon. He has 12 goals in 13 games already....

• 3 weeks later...