Questions from a Spurs fan

yidinpeace

hey there fellow title challengers!!;) spurs fan here and a member of a very popular spurs forum ....we have decided to get the opinions of the fans of our next opponents and unfortunately for u guys that is Chelsea!

so we have compiled a few questions and would be grateful if u could take a view minutes and let us hear your thoughts!

thanks in advance and good luck for the season!

Being 100% honest, do you believe Chelsea did anything wrong? If so was the punishment justifiable on the transfer ban?

You obviously have a very strong squad atm, one of the strongest in Europe. Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years time when the main core of your squad have got too old/moved on?

if u could sign two players from spurs who would they be?

who do u consider to be your fiercest london rivals?

are u happy with your manager or would u have preffered to keep gus hiddink?

Do you see Tottenham as potential title challengers within the next 10 years?

are u concerned that abramovich may sell up someday in the near future and how do u think it would affect your club if he did?

who do u see as the dangermen for both teams this weekend?

do u think man city will become a major force and challenge for league titles?

How do you feel about the recent influx of cash-driven teams/players into the game (especially the EPL)?

what are your opinions on harry redknapp and his management style?

where do u predict spurs and Chelsea will end up in the league table this season?

what is your prediction for the match?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being 100% honest, do you believe Chelsea did anything wrong? If so was the punishment justifiable on the transfer ban?

I believe we done something wrong, but every club in England and most other countries are doing the same thing! We should not have got a ban at all, the only way its justifiable is if the whole of Europe got a ban!

You obviously have a very strong squad atm, one of the strongest in Europe. Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years time when the main core of your squad have got too old/moved on?

I see us signing some decent younger players like Aguero or Pato, I can also see 5-6 of our youth players becoming permanent youth team players.

Modric and probably take Defoe on his current form

You or WHU

I'm extremely happy with the start Ancelotti has made, but it is far too early to say!

Possibly, anything can happen.

are u concerned that abramovich may sell up someday in the near future and how do u think it would affect your club if he did?

If he does sell up, we will only be brought by another billionaire so it will be fine.

Defoe and Drogba

Yes, although not this season.

How do you feel about the recent influx of cash-driven teams/players into the game (especially the EPL)?

It's a bit unfair on the smaller teams, I understand Chelsea have been big spenders in recent years but for any team to compete for major trophies they have to spend big.

Fantastic manager!

where do u predict spurs and Chelsea will end up in the league table this season?

Chelsea will win, Spurs will finish 5th!

Chelsea 2 - 0 Tottenham

Edited by we hate scouse

I don't think the punishment fits the crime, if it was his mother that signed the pre contract as reported we havn't done anything wrong. I think Fifa are out to set an example of Chelsea to everyone else.

You obviously have a very strong squad atm, one of the strongest inEurope. Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years time when the main coreof your squad have got too old/moved on?

Lampard will be a big miss when he retires/moves on, a 20 goals a season midfielder is hard to come by. Terry is our leader and our captain, his influence on the pitch is so important to us. However I believe we'll find suitable replacements. I'd like to see them come from the youth set up. We'll still be dominating in 3-5 years.

Lennon and Defoe, you don't need me to tell you they are 2 influential players. I admire Defoe alot, he's English and gets goals. Lennon has been your match winner in recent weeks. 2 talented players.

Ars... Spurs? :lol:

Our results against Spurs has not been as good as we hoped in recent matches, you's look stronger than you have been in years. Certainly started better than the Arse this season.

Gus did a fantastic job in his short time, but i'm happy so far with Carlo, his management style has impressed me he's shown Drogba what Drogba needs to play well and that's love, you can't argue win 5 out of 5 wins. However i'd like to see Gus back at Chelsea in some way.

It's very possible with Redknapp in charge. He transformed Pompey and now look at where they are without him.

Not at all. If he did we'd be in alot of trouble, could end up like Leeds, the big players would leave and we'd be in alot of debt. But I know Roman is commited.

Drogba for us.

Lennon and Defoe for Spurs.

After the start they've had, I wont be underestimating them this season. Give it a couple of years maybe they'll be in the top 4.

Money is ruining the game, but we can't really complain can we? it's just the way the game has gone and you have to accept it. But it's good to see top players in the premiership making it one of if not the top league in the game today.

Great manager. Will acheive alot at Spurs. Like said before he turned Pompey around. You're lucky to have him.

Chelsea 1st,

Spurs at least 5th.

Close game, we'll edge it 2-1.

In my opinion FIFA are just anti-Chelsea bastards!!

You obviously have a very strong squad atm, one of the strongest inEurope. Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years time when the main coreof your squad have got too old/moved on?

We need the ban to be lifted so we can replace the older player quickly

Aaron Lennon and Jermaine Defoe

I think Spurs

So far Carlos is doing a brilliant job

If they get the money back its a possibility

Not much tere's always protential buyers floating about wanting to buy Chelsea

Drogba

I think next year they will be more of a threat

Moneys what makes this world go round!!

He's the potential to replace the England manager in the near future

Spurs 5th - Chelsea 1st

2-0 to Chelsea

This is all in my opinion!!

We must have done something wrong or we wouldnt have been charged by FIFA. I can understand the anger amongst Chelsea fans due to the Champions League exit last season and the actions of UEFA and Platini about English clubs in general. I do feel its a bit harsh. We have yet to recieve the full details of the enquiry from FIFA before we go ahead with our appeal, so until then all we can hope for is a similar result to that of Roma who got their ban overturned to a "one window ban".

Its always been said that although Roman has curbed his spending and we will aim to develop our own players for the future, he will make money available if the right player(s) are needed. We've got alot of excellent prospects within the club and in 5 years time I expect Chelsea to be bringing those lads through to be the core of the team. Stoch, Mancienne, Hutchinson are just three that jump out at me that I believe will have a big future at Chelsea.

I think Lennon is a cracking player. Watching him reminds me of when we had Robben and Duff torturing defenders on a regular basis. I'd have him at Chelsea in an instant. Modric is another who I admire. Very few technical players seem to thrive in the EPL and he seems to have taken to it like a duck to water. Shame about his recent injury though.

I grew up with a Chelsea/Spurs rivalry as my dad follows Spurs.

I'd have loved Hiddink to stay obviously. Right now Carlo Ancelotti seems to have kept that belief and fight in the squad that Hiddink brought back. The same sort of passion we got accustomed to under Mourinho. Its still early days yet as we had a similar start last season under Scolari and when the chips were down he faultered. When the shit hits the fan we will need to see how CA reacts and how he changes things during a game. The test will come over the coming weeks with the return of the CL and the EPL games with Spurs and Liverpool.

After these games we'll have a better idea how things are going.

Right now you've a decent squad and with Harry at the helm he'll no doubt he'll look to improve. He's used to wheeling and dealing, but now he'll have a fair amount of cash to play with and the potential is there to break into the "top 4"

He'll move on one day, but he's set the foundations for the club to be in an excellent position financially in say 10 years time. Hopefully by then all our external debt will be wiped out and we'll be churning out our own crop of stars from the academy. I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that he has set up a trust fund of £500m for the club if anything were to happen to him and also his intentions were to pass the club onto his son in due course. Wether theres any truth in those stories is another thing.

In general I think we'll be fine. Fans of other clubs seem to believe that if he does go we'll be fucked, but I believe thats far from the truth.

Lennon v Ashley Cole will be an excellent battle. Both playing exceptionally well right now and will be looking to impress Capello who'll no doubt be watching.

Terry will have to be on his game to keep Defoe quiet. Again, both are playing really well right now, but I think that Carvalho will be keeping an eye on Defoe due to JT's lack of pace.

Drogba....blink and he'll score. You either love him or hate him. He's back to his best and when he's like that he's unstoppable. With your defensive headache atm I feel that Drogba will take advantage of that and cause you countless problems.

I'm lost for a second one tbh as its hard to single one out. We've so many potential match winners going forward, so I'll go for Mikel or Essien as either of these two will be expected to break up your attacks and get us moving forward. Its one of the shitty jobs, but just as important.

The money will definately help but it'll be how they handle it. Its all and well bringing in loads of top players, but they have to be the right players for the team. Its all about consistency. I think too many people are reading too much into the Arsenal game as Arsenal will always let you play football. They have one way of playing and you always feel you'll score against them. If they come away from the derby game this weekend with 3 points then people(and myself) will maybe sit up and take notice.

It has its good and bad points. My main gripe is that there's already enough money in the EPL due to the TV money, etc....and this idea of bringing in a "wage cap" of some sort or teams not spending beyond their means can only benefit the game in the long run. As it is now, the rich will get richer and those not as fortunate will continue to fall further behind.

I also support Rangers and feel disappointed that they have slipped down the pecking order in terms of attracting big name players due to the lack of money in the Scottish game.

The season they reached the UEFA Cup final their total income from all competitions was £25 million. Thats shocking when you look at Derby in the same season recieved roughly £30 million for having the worst EPL records EVER and got relegated.

I've always rated Harry Redknapp....a modern day Clough imo. I'm surprised he has never been given the chance to manage England. **Quiet at the back**

As I mentioned earlier......it'll be interesting to see how he copes with having a bigger kitty to play with instead of his usual wheeling and dealing.

I genuinely believe that Chelsea will be champions. We've a setlled squad and have that belief back that we will never be beaten. Joe Cole and Zhirkov have yet to featue and having those tweo unleashed on the EPL with give us a huge boost going into the second phase of the title race.

With all due respect, I think Spurs would be happy with a top 6 finish when you look at those who'll be up there challenging for Europe. The "top 4" will be there or there abouts. City will be pushing to break that group, so would finishing 6th be that bad would it ?

I'm hoping for a win, but in these types of games you never know. Last seasons games were very tight, but I've a feeling this one will be slightly more open.

3-2 Chelsea

Honestly i do think we did something wrong but i do not think its as bad as people think. Alot of people are thinking we signed a player who was in contract with another club which he was not. He had signed a pre-contract and nothing was 100% confirmed. At the end of the day alot of clubs in europe are doing this and FIFA can not single out one club and make an example of them. If you are going to punish one club you need to do the same with the others.

Youobviously have a very strong squad atm, one of the strongest in Europe.Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years time when the main core of yoursquad have got too old/moved on?

3-5 Years is a long time in football, and alot of things can happen. If the club remains with a decent manger like Carlo Ancelotti i think he can do great things for the club. He has a great eye for young talent, for example, Pato. Looking at our youth we have alot of good players coming through the ranks and players such as, Di Santo, Michael Mancienne, Sam Hutchinson, Miroslav Stoch, Ryan Bertrand and so on could all be looking at positions in our first team.

But the biggest loss is going to be players such as Lampard, Terry and Drogba. Players who have made such a big impact for our club and play every week with alot of heart. These players are very hard to replace. By than our transfer ban will be lifted and we can be looking to sign some good replacement players.

For me personally, i would choose Luca Modric and Ledley King. I rate both of these players very highly, and i was sad to see Luca get injured a couple of weeks back. He started the season very well and its not good to see talented players get injured. King has always been a player i like to watch he plays with alot of heart and goes in for every challenge.

Atm Spurs, but Arsenal have been right up there for a long time.

are u happy with your manager or would u have preffered to keep guss hiddink?

I have always said Carlo Ancelotti is a very talented manager and was very happy when he signed with Chelsea. He has had a brilliant start with 5 wins from 5. The best thing about it is the players seem to respect him and take in what he says.

Guss Hiddink is another great manager but i never really expected him to stay with the club. He did great things in the time he was with us and i would also welcome him back at the club any time to do something behind the scenes. But as things stand i am happy with the way things are and hope they continue.

Well i don't see why you couldnt be, the start use have had to the season has been great and i have been impressed. You seem alot tighter as a group and i guess you never know what could happen in the future.

Honestly not really, Roman is very dedicated to club even though you read these stupid rumours about him being not passionate about the club anymore and he wants to sell up. If anything i think he is more interested now than he has ever been for the main reason he wants the Champions League trophy in our cabinet.

Even if he was to sell the club one day, the price he would be asking would be alot of money and that person would be just as wealthy as himself.

For Chelsea i think as always Lampard and Drogba are going to be massive in our attacking prescience and if they can open your defense apart you might be in some trouble but i guess closing down players like lennon and defoe is going to be key for our defender aswell.

If they keep buying players like they are than there is not reason why they cant. The way they have started has been great for them and i will not underestimate them. I think give them 2 or 3 seasons and they will be pushing to win titles.

Sure money is wrecking the game, but i guess there is nothing that can really be done now, its happening all over Europe and i think it will continue until there are rules brought into place. I think certain players are going for too much money for example Ronaldo. He is a great player but surly nobody is worth that much.

Harry is a great manager and knows a lot about football, Spurs should keep him around for as long as they can. If things continue the way they are he will do great for use in the next few seasons.

Its very hard to say, umm i think we might finish First this year but its too early to say but i can see Spurs finishing in between 4th and 5th. Pushing for that Champions League spot should be your biggest goal.

Chelsea 2 - 1 Spurs

Think we might take this one but i guess it depends on who is playing and whether or not you have a full strenght squad.

If we did what we were accused of then I think the punishment is justifiable

I think we will have been able to develop players already at the club, done well in the transfer market. That's the plan anyway :)

Defoe and Modric

Spurs or West Ham

It would have been nice to stick with Guus for some consistency but Ancellotti has had a great start, I hope he will last the season even if we end up trophyless, I think the first season should be like a learning curb too

As it stands Manchester City would be more in that frame but depends, anything could happen in 10 years. It would be nice to see more title challengers and i'm sure Spurs are one of those clubs behind Man City alongside Everton and Aston Villa who could be maybe in the future

That doesn't worry me at all. Even if he did, if we went into adminstration, went into Championship, league 1, etc, i'd still be there week in week out

For us Drogba is on fire. For Spurs, I would have said Modric but he's injured, Jermain Defoe knows where the net is and could cause a potential problem

in five to six years I think it's very probable

I think the big names coming into the league only improves it, when the teams like Man City come into money we start to see new players and I like it

Admittedly I love the guy, think he talks alot of sense and could be a future England mangager after Capello

Chelsea 1st

Spurs 7th

3-1 Chelsea

Honestly looking at the situation i can't see how we did anything wrong. Considering the legality of contracts to under 16's i can't see how anything Kakuta's old club had with him being legally binding as he was a minor. Secondly they are comparing a under age player with no pro contract to a situation with a player with a pro contract. So to answer, no i don't think we did anything legally wrong and even if we did the punishment does not fit the crime. A discussion on should players be allowed to transfer around europe before a certain age is a different matter.

The idea is to build something to be able to make the transition as smooth as possible. We have a group of younger first team players who will be the nucleous of our squad, players like Essien, Mikel, Ivanovic, Sturridge ect.. plus we have a LOT of young players lining up to show they can cut it for us. The sheer number of players we have out on loan shows that. Plus we will be dipping into the market to add strength to our squad so i don't see a major problem that a lot of our current key players are getting older.

Obviously Defoe's scoring ability would interest any club. And i would love to bring back Cudicini.

If we are talking about who is the biggest threat to us then obviosuly it is Arsenal. But i think everyone would agree that the biggest derby game of the season for Chelsea fans is the Spurs game.

Initially i was dubious about Ancelotti but i have to say that the man has surpassed expectations. He is a very clever man who knows how to use his squad and is increbibly tactically astute. Hiddink was a top top manager and it would have been nice to keep him, but Ancelotti is more than ideal man to take over from Guus and i think Carlo will take us very far indeed.

10 years is a hell of a long time. Anything to potentially happen in that period. What i will say though is that the Spending that Tottenham have made over the last few years has gone pretty much unnoticed, and in Harry Redknapp have a very clever manager. Could he take Tottenham into the top 4 and keep them there? Possibly yes, but breaking into the top 4 is not an easy thing to do at all and i think the spurs squad needs a bit more tweaking especially at the back before they do that.

Nope, never have been concerned and never will be. Are Spurs fans worried their cash will dry up? Are Man Utd? The fact is that for the last 3 summers at least we have not spent big, Roman is not pumping the sort of regular money in now that he was to get us up to the top. So even IF he did leave we are able to cope, especially as there are no debts.

Didier is on fire again at the moment and will cause ANY teams problems. Lennon always seems to be one of those players who plays at their best against us and i am sure he will more than likely be the dangerman for us again.

If they keep spending the way that they are then it is inevitable. They have a very strong 11, but outside that at the moment it is a little flimsy. But you don't spend that sort of money and buy big name players without creating waves.

Money rules in all business. I have no problem seeing teams compete for top places. It can only make the league better. Players earn obscene ammounts of money, but if they didn't would we the fans benefit from the club keeping that money? I don't think so. As long as clubs are not getting themselves into debt that could potentially send them under then i don't see too much wrong.

I have always liked Harry, and i felt he never got the credit he deserved. To call him a "wheeler dealer" is a bit harsh because he is a top manager, he has done wonders at the various clubs he has been at and i am sure he can take spurs a long way if backed in the right way.

Sitting here right now i have a very very good feeling that we will win the league this season, we just look like we mean business this season, in the same way you could feel it the last 2 times we won the league. Spurs i think will finish 5th or 6th, top six will include Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City and Spurs, not in that order.

Both teams are feeling very confident but i think we will come out on top. I predicted a 3 - 1 win for us earlier and i will stick by that. But i think it will be a very good game with plenty to talk about.

No. I think it is ridiculously we are accused of signing a player who was in a contract in a country in which it is illegal for him to have a contract at that age. I expect us to win our appeal.

I expect Sturridge to take up Anelka's first team place, when Anelka loses his pace. Di Santo will become our new Crespo. Matic will disappear like Sidwell. Mikel will be a first team player, and recognised as one of the world's best. At minimum he will have Essien and Lampard still to partner him in central midfield. Kalou may have finally matured into a deadly striker. Mancienne will be playing alongside Terry in central defense. Bosingwa RB. A.Cole LB. Cech GK. Kakuta will become a brilliant player. He might do a job for us on the wings, unless we purchase some. And Zhirkov will still be able to play LW. Malouda will be gone.

Modric and Defoe. Would have said Lennon if we were still playing 4-3-3.

Spurs

Hiddink, I think. But I'm very happy with the manager, I just wish he would consider changing systems occasionally to a winger system.

Only if two of the current top clubs have serious money problems and become the new Leeds.

No. If he did, and left us in debt, we would still be fine as long as he was reasonable with the repayment plan.

All of our outfield players. And for you, Lennon and Defoe.

Challenge maybe, but win? No.

It has greatly improved the standard of play in the PL.

I think he's a lumbering, santa claus impersonating oaf. http://img441.images...arry2tc2wq5.jpg

Chelsea 1st, Spurs 9th.

4-4. We have to start drawing against joker teams sometime :whistling:

thanks for the repsonses guys very much appreciated......u have a great site going here so keep up the good work as i know its always good to be able to share opinions and arguments with fellow fans from across the world....

as for todays game i would wish u luck but to be honest if we have a chance of getting anything from the game then u need to have no luck and we need a big massive slice of the stuff...if we play as open as we did against the mancs last week we will get ripped apart!

good luck for the remainder of the season.....all the best from a very nervous yid!

well the day couldnt have went any worse!

lost our remaining 2 centre backs and got well and truly stuffed!

so much for getting a massive slice of luck!

well played and all the best for the season, looks like its gonna be a tight fought thing between u and the mancs!