The Transfer Ban

He is such an idiot. In that role he should understand the precedures and all that shit, and he went and broke them. Chelsea definately should sack him and get someone who has twice the intelligence, stick Frankie there when he retires, at least he has the intelligence of 140IQ. There should be a crowd of Chelsea fans out-side the bridge protesting that he should be sacked.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what i found off Sky Sports:

<h1 class="main-headline">Lens claim cash incentives</h1>

Ligue 1 club says Kakuta family offered 'a lot of money'

Lens have accusedChelsea of offering the family of Gael Kakuta 'a lot of money' in orderto secure the youngster, and they are confident in their case.

Fifa announced on Thursday that the Blues have beenbanned from signing new players in the next two transfer windowsfollowing a complaint regarding the signing of Kakutaspacer.gif in 2007.

Ligue1 outfit Lens claim that Chelsea convinced the midfielder to break ayouth pre-contract which would have guaranteed the starlet signedprofessional terms when he reached the age of 16.

Didier Roudet,Lens' general secretary, is in no doubt that the Premier League side,who are planning to appeal against their punishment, offered Kakuta'sfamily incentives in order to ignore the agreement.

Development

"We sat with them (Chelsea) and told them the player was under contract but they argued that he was not," Roudet said in the Daily Mail.

"All I can say is that our lawyers are very confident of their position and so are Fifa.

"Lensare a little team. Chelsea are a big team with a lot of money and, forsure, the player's family were offered a lot of money. We could notkeep the player."

Phillipe Piat co-president of the Frenchplayers' union and president of FIFPro, the international players'union, said: "At 14, Kakuta and his father signed a youth pre-contractpromising to sign for Lens when he turned 16.

"When he finishedhis youth development Lens wished to apply the contract and bring theplayer back but his father no longer agreed to this. He wanted to go toChelsea."

By the looks of this, Lens are trying to get as much money as possible thourgh FIFA. They are obvisouly trying to use this whole thing to get some more money.

Firstly can UEFA prove that we "induced" Kakuta, and more importantly induced him "knowing" that he had a contract..

The contract though is the most important thing because what sort of contract is it if he is not allowed to sign a pro contract at that point?

I would be suprised if these bans stick.....

Firstly they are applying a similar punishment to a 15 year old breaking what are told is a "pre contract agreement" to a Professional player breaking a pro contract.

Secondly they would have to prove conclusively that Chelsea deliberately induced Kakuta KNOWING that he was under contract with another club.

Thirdly this whole "pre contract agreement" thing HAS to be pretty flimsy. As far as FIFA are concerned Kakuta was not registered with any club until he signed a pro contract with Chelsea.

If anything a pre contract agreement would be out of FIFA's jurisdiction, if a sporting court wants to fine us for breaking that agreement then thats one thing, but FIFA surely could not impose a ban on us or punish us...

Time will tell.

Firstly can UEFA prove that we "induced" Kakuta, and more importantly induced him "knowing" that he had a contract..

The contract though is the most important thing because what sort of contract is it if he is not allowed to sign a pro contract at that point?

The noise coming from Lens is that they "intended" to get him to sign a professional contract as previously agreed that he would do with his parents after his training period. From what I gather his training period was complete and had not yet signed a professional contract therefore making him fair game.

The noise coming from Lens is that they "intended" to get him to sign a professional contract as previously agreed that he would do with his parents after his training period. From what I gather his training period was complete and had not yet signed a professional contract therefore making him fair game.

This whole "Pre Contract Agreement" and an actual "Professional Contract" is what this all hinges on. By law clubs cannot get players to sign a contract until they are at least 16, so at 15 there cannot possibly be anything that would tie him to the club.

Lol news papers are blaming kakuta lol " the kid thats cost Chelsea the prem"

Well that is a worry to be honest. We don't want this to affect Kakuta in any way.... We have managed to keep him a low profile up until now but this has blown that out of the water!! And FIFA spouting bo****ks about "protecting young players". Well they are not doing much to protect Kakuta by banning him for 4 months and fining him nearly £700k, all they are doing is protecting the clubs that vote these twats into power...

This whole "Pre Contract Agreement" and an actual "Professional Contract" is what this all hinges on. By law clubs cannot get players to sign a contract until they are at least 16, so at 15 there cannot possibly be anything that would tie him to the club.

Yep...its basically a "gentlemans agreement" between Lens and his parents to sign the professional contract. Theres no law that I'm aware of that would make that stick in court. Its basically selling Kakauta as a slave to Lens.

Frank Arnesen was still on his summer hols when FIFA handed Chelsea their stunning transfer ban yesterday.

Chelsea have been banned by FIFA from signing players until January 2011 over their capture of Gael Kakuta from Lens.

The Independent says the decision came as such a surprise to the club yesterday that Chelsea football chief Arnesen was still on his summer holiday in Puerto Banus in Spain.

tribalfootball.com

Yep...its basically a "gentlemans agreement" between Lens and his parents to sign the professional contract. Theres no law that I'm aware of that would make that stick in court. Its basically selling Kakauta as a slave to Lens.

Which means that we could take him and if no fee could be agreed then it would go to tribunal to set a fee. Lens tried to reach an agreement with CFC by their own admission, so why only report us after a fee could not be agreed? Add to that the fact that what they have received money-wise by this FIFA judgment is actually LESS than what we offered them!!!

The more i read about this the more fishy it sounds and the more confident i am that it will be TOTALLY reveresed.

From what i understood through SSN's report was that, there was an agreement between Kakuta and Lynn when he was 14.. But thats illegal right? I mean they cant have a contract with him before he's 16, and we signed him at 16, when he was ABOUT to sign a extended-contract as previously (illegally) agreed.

From what i understood through SSN's report was that, there was an agreement between Kakuta and Lynn when he was 14.. But thats illegal right? I mean they cant have a contract with him before he's 16, and we signed him at 16, when he was ABOUT to sign a extended-contract as previously (illegally) agreed.

We actually signed him when he 15. And yes, under EU law under 16's are not legally allowed to enter into any contract of employment.

Does this "Pre Contract Agreement" actually mean ANYTHING legally?

And if it does, then HOW does it because i am sure every club in europe would love to tie down their under 16's to some sort of contract.

I think FIFA are trying to push a rule through for U18 players and are using us as a scapegoat to get it through. As i said, i would be amazed after taking this through the courts if we end up with ANY punishement other than paying a development fee to Lens