Letter about standing

James

Yup, i agree, if youn wanna stand, there should be a specified area for it. Though if i wanna stand, i do :)

I try to be sympathetic to my surroundings. If an elderly couple or a family are sitting in the seats behind me I won't stand that much. But if it's some middle aged person sitting there eating their food and casually watching the match I'll stand and sing all I want. Shed End is definitely the place to be. The only thing that resembles an atmosphere at the Bridge. That is if you don't count THOSE flags as atmosphere. :P

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shed should be made a standing area for Over 18s imo. Would add to the atmosphere, and seeing the whole standing doing the bouncy would be fucking incredible.

Yeh and people who are aware they fall or whatever they cant sue they made the choice etc.But would help with the atmosphere a hell of a lot!

• 5 months later...

I've had the following from the Football Supporter's Federation. If you've got the time to go it sounds as though it could be a interesting debate.

Sit Down, Shut Up: Are Football Supporters Discriminated Against?

Vibe Bar, London, Thursday March 4th 2010, 7pm

Every day the FSF hears from fans telling us that they’re sick of being treated like criminals by over-zealous police, tired of taking orders from doormen dressed up as ‘stewards’, and had enough with clubs forcing them to sit down when they’d rather stand. Is this now the typical matchday experience?

Sit Down, Shut Up: Are Football Supporters Discriminated Against? is the FSF’s free Question Time-style debate and gives you, the match-going fan, your opportunity to tell it how you see it to our expert panel of football journalists, police, and solicitors (see below for full event details).

Why are football supporters treated differently from other groups in society? Go to Wembley for a pop concert and you can stand without fear of ejection. Head to a rugby league match and you can drink in your seat but try that at a football game and you'll get a criminal record. Why does the Crown Prosecution Service push for the most severe punishment in most cases involving football fans? Would this not be illegal if they followed this procedure with any other group in society? Are we seeing the return of the dreaded section 27?

Have we reached a tipping point and what role can we all play in improving things for the better?

We really hope you can make it - the event takes place at Brick Lane's Vibe Bar on Thursday March 4th 2010 (7pm kick-off). See below for more info.

To register email your name to [email protected]