Darijo Srna

the wes

Now Belletti's gone we need a fifth again.

fifth ??!!!!!

i ve watched some videos for this guy and i can tell you he is a great RB he will give bosingwa some hard time ... he has pace his dribbling is good , a good defender , but what he really excels at is absolutely fantastic crossing , great shooting and super free kicks .......

but still we have bosingwa and iva .... i cant think of any other club who has two RBs with the same quality as bos and iva ........ so i think we ve got this area covered .....

so unless this guy can play as well as a right winger or right midfielder .... then he will be a big waste ...... waste of our money and waste of his talent he really good but may be chelsea is not the right place ...

i mean its bad enough that one of bos and iva will be left out next season .........

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fifth ??!!!!!

i ve watched some videos for this guy and i can tell you he is a great RB he will give bosingwa some hard time ... he has pace his dribbling is good , a good defender , but what he really excels at is absolutely fantastic crossing , great shooting and super free kicks .......

but still we have bosingwa and iva .... i cant think of any other club who has two RBs with the same quality as bos and iva ........ so i think we ve got this area covered .....

so unless this guy can play as well as a right winger or right midfielder .... then he will be a big waste ...... waste of our money and waste of his talent he really good but may be chelsea is not the right place ...

i mean its bad enough that one of bos and iva will be left out next season .........

I was being sarcastic :P We don't need any right-backs... actually, we don't need any DEFENDERS at all.

I was being sarcastic :P We don't need any right-backs... actually, we don't need any DEFENDERS at all.

well i hope most of i read was people being sarcastic as i have read a lot that after losing belleti and fererra we need another cover in case iva and bos get injured ....... WTF !! in that case you play hutchinson or bruma NOT WASTE 18 MILLION JUST IN CASE ...

• 2 months later...

http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/

14.35 BST: Croatian site SEEbiz says Darijo Srna is in London and will complete a €16 million move to Chelsea this week. Carlo Ancelotti had previously suggested he could be interested in the Shakhtar Donetsk right back as a replacement for Juliano Belletti.

Sounded like a stupid move a while back but I'm willing to believe it right now.

16 million is too much considering his age and that he has just one year left on his contract.

What is it with this club and Right Backs?

So you'd rate Srna at €8m?

Yes, at the maximum. If we considering the facts : is a 28 old player; he has always played in weaks championships; he has one year left on his contract. => I don't see why we buy him for more than €8m...

If he had been a big shirt seller, i would be okay to buy him £13M. But honestly, who the hell gonna buy his shirt ?!

And you, at what price do you would rate him ?

£13m isn't too bad imo, considering he is the captain of the Croatian national team. We paid £18m for Zhirkov to do a very similar job to what Srna would be asked to do.

I think i also read he asks for the number 11 or 33 shirt...If he does come he might have to sacrifice that one.

• He is an international player and captains the team
  • He has won the UEFA cup
  • He is considered his clubs best player
  • Twice voted the best Ukranian Premier league player

The price quoted is perfectly fine when you consider what he has won and the rise in footballers prices in current years.

Yes, at the maximum. If we considering the facts : is a 28 old player; he has always played in weaks championships; he has one year left on his contract. => I don't see why we buy him for more than €8m...

If he had been a big shirt seller, i would be okay to buy him £13M. But honestly, who the hell gonna buy his shirt ?!

And you, at what price do you would rate him ?

Honestly didn't know that his contract was a year to go but you'd be lucky to get him for £6.5m. 71 caps for Croatia, captain of his country.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You