He's bringing sexy back ?

I know its only two games into the season and also against what you would call "weaker opposition", but I'm very impressed with how we've been playing so far. Even in the pre-season we looked like a different team.

We have basically the same players from last season who know each others game inside out. The ability of our midfield quartet (whoever they are) to swap positions with ease also fills me with alot of optimism. Theres so much more movement off the ball and we've still to see Zhirkov and Joe cole get in on the action. Deco looks revitalised, Ballack strolled that game tonight, Essien and Lamps were as reliable as ever. Ash and Bos bombing up the wings....fuck me....unbelievable. :wub:

Fulham, Burnley and Stoke are our next three opponents. I'm expecting another 9 points before we take on Spurs. Two weeks after that...Liverpool at home. If we're sitting on 24 points after those games I'll be ecstatic. Its a tough ask, but its not beyond us.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the smaller teams for our first few games to get the feel of the new formation etc.

We're not playing to our best but still getting 3 points, Jose was doing this at the start of 04/05, grinding out 1-0 wins.

I have a great feeling about this season.

Starting the way we have is a confidence boost at the least, points are points and we're still only two games in. Getting used to the way we are playing now can surely only bring better things this season.

Feeling good about it, i think the majority of people are. Certain things will be a tough ask, but its no beyond our ability in the slightest. We've a great squad and a new manager, hopefully started as mean to go on.

And the smaller teams for our first few games to get the feel of the new formation etc.

We're not playing to our best but still getting 3 points,

I have to disagree Kez. I think we are playing very well. Both Hull and Sunderland had the game of their lives against us. They rushed us in defence, parked he bus once they took the lead and defended with vigor.

Last season under LFS we had trouble breaking teams when they done this. All we did was throw long balls into the box and hope for the best. Last night against Sunderland i saw something that's been missing from Chelsea for a long time, A short, quick passing game! It was fantastic! Deco was Instrumental, Ballack was strong and Didier was menacing.

I think our players are loving the style being taught to them by Ancelotti. I just hope it works against the top 6 teams.

We really need to tighten our defence though. Is Alex injured? I would have prefered him in the Hull game for his strength in the air.

I didn't say we weren't playing well. I don't think we're playing as well as we can and the best is still yet to come but we're still getting the points.

Agree. There is definetly room for improvement. Once this new formation becomes more fluent with the players then at least we will develop a plan B by going back to the 4-1-3-2 formation if it's needed.

I know its only two games into the season and also against what you would call "weaker opposition", but I'm very impressed with how we've been playing so far. Even in the pre-season we looked like a different team.

We have basically the same players from last season who know each others game inside out. The ability of our midfield quartet (whoever they are) to swap positions with ease also fills me with alot of optimism. Theres so much more movement off the ball and we've still to see Zhirkov and Joe cole get in on the action. Deco looks revitalised, Ballack strolled that game tonight, Essien and Lamps were as reliable as ever. Ash and Bos bombing up the wings....fuck me....unbelievable. :wub:

Fulham, Burnley and Stoke are our next three opponents. I'm expecting another 9 points before we take on Spurs. Two weeks after that...Liverpool at home. If we're sitting on 24 points after those games I'll be ecstatic. Its a tough ask, but its not beyond us.

Spot the difference between the Scolari's first 2 months and Ancelotti's Start to Chelsea.

Scolari's Chelsea scoared truck load of goals and conceded on 6 till the start of November.

I am not gonna get too excited. The real test would arrive once Winter starts and teams figure how to park their bus or nullify the diamond. Thats when Ancelotti's real test begins. Does he have a Plan B? Can we break teams down? Can we win the derbys? Can we win against top 4 sides?

At the moment...I am satisfied with how we are playing.

I'm actually quite pleased with the way the team is playing at the minute - we can do better, but despite playing in a different system and needing the players to adapt, we're still creating chances and putting enough away to win matches. I do think the 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 variation we played yesterday is perhaps a system the players are more acclimatised to, and we played brilliantly last night. With Zhirkov and Cole to return to action we still have yet to see the full attacking potential of the new systems, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. We're doing the right thing - and thats simply winning matches.

Agree. There is definetly room for improvement. Once this new formation becomes more fluent with the players then at least we will develop a plan B by going back to the 4-1-3-2 formation if it's needed.

Yeah there is obviously gonna be some getting used to a new formation and new way of playing as we've been playing 4-4-3 since 2004. Playing 2 up top when we've got Anelka and Drogba in the team is definantly going to get the best out of the 2 especially Anelka after being frustrated plqying on the wing out of position.

Spot the difference between the Scolari's first 2 months and Ancelotti's Start to Chelsea.

Scolari's Chelsea scoared truck load of goals and conceded on 6 till the start of November.

I am not gonna get too excited. The real test would arrive once Winter starts and teams figure how to park their bus or nullify the diamond. Thats when Ancelotti's real test begins. Does he have a Plan B? Can we break teams down? Can we win the derbys? Can we win against top 4 sides?

At the moment...I am satisfied with how we are playing.

I have to agree with Warnie, A great start and looked class last night. But its very early and as warnie says, we had a brilliant start under Scolari. I am pleased with the start, din't get me wrong, but is there a plan B? Something LFS never had.

yes under Scolari we scored truck loads of goals but drew Spurs on second match day if i remember correctly.

The diamond is very hard to defend because you simply cannot adopt immidiatly the width and the same time the attacking through the middle like last night.

In theory, add Joey and Youri to the diamond on the "wingers position" and, for example Essien and Lampard in the midfield for the centre attacking you can sense the danger of that system.

Ashley and Bos are the perefct fullbacks for that. They are priceless.

and for the first time in years, our bench looks strong as well.

Only time will tell. But one thing is for sure and that is the signs are encouraging. Ancelotti seems to be very clever tactically and is not afraid to change things if they need changing. I really hope we can start to build something special here now under Ancelotti.

I'm satisfied, Nothing more. I'd like to see can we grind out a result without scoring though, Our midfield is brilliant, Our strength in depth is superb, Our strikeforce is good. We're playing very well without Zhirkov and Joey which is good, But I'd like to see us against some of the top teams. I'd also like to see how we get on against European opposition. Playing nice football is good if we're winning, Which at the moment we are.

We already have a head start over United and Liverpool as they already lost matches, I know there is along way to go but its nice to not have to play catch up early on. One thing is when the hetic Christmas period comes in and the ACON our terrific strength in depth will come into play.

This might be stretching it a little but...the last time Chelsea played this expansive and dynamic football was in 2005-2006. If we win against Fulham on the weekend the last time we won our first three games was 2005-2006. the last time we won the EPL...2005-2006. A HUGE stretch but whatever.

• 2 weeks later...