Zhirkov concerned with injury

the wes

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the injury is as bad as it sounds. CTV was saying he may be a possible for tommorow but it is highly unlikely. I don't think it is a long lay off. Especially considering he has already been off for quite a while with the injury.

• 3 weeks later...

Chelsea winger Yuri Zhirkov is finding his time on the sidelines 'unbearably hard'.

The Russia international has missed the start of theBlues' Premier League campaign because of a knee injury aggravated onthe club's pre-season tour of America.spacer.gif

Zhirkovspacer.gif signed at Stamford Bridge from CSKA Moscowspacer.gif for £18million during the summer and is growing increasingly frustrated as the wait to make his competitive debut goes on.

He said in the Daily Express: "My knee is still hurting me, but it is better than two weeks ago when it was agony even to step on the foot.

"I wish I had a usual kind of injury when I would know exactly that, say, in a month it will all be over.

"But when I can't fully comprehend my situation, and even the doctors do not say anything definitively, it is unbearably hard.

"My biggest dream now is to wake up one day and realise that the pain in my knee is all but gone."

Source: Sky Sports

Seems like we wont be seeing Yuri for a while which is shame.

I am sure that these are old quotes.

He has been back in training and is on international duty, i think he is pretty much fully recovered. He will possibly play a small part in the international games and then come back ready to make his first appearance for us.

not too sure esk thought i would post it i guess we will see how things develop. It come up today on sky.

Well the fact he has been in full training for a week and has gone to Russia with the national team and not stayed back like Cole and Ferreira (who have also gone back to full training) says to me that he is probably fit. Also Chelsea confirmed that he will be ready to play after the international break.

These definately look like old quotes to me....

bottom line is, if he was injured and unable to play for his national team he would be at Cobham.

Physioroom.com has all those out injured atm due to be back on 12th September.

Alex, Zhirkov, Ferreira and Joe Cole. :mellow:

Alex won't be back by the 12th.......

Ferreira and Joe are at Cobham training with the youth and reserves, and hopefully they will be in with a shout for the 12th.