John Terry sees red

Steve

<h1 class="heading">John Terry sees red at Manchester United’s dominance</h1>

SOME sportsmen take setbacks better than others. If John Terry were a cricketer he would not be Kevin Pietersen, shrugging after a foolish dismissal. He would be Ricky Ponting, smashing the dressing room door. The Community Shield is essentially a deluxe pre-season friendly but Terry sees it as a chance to gauge Chelsea’s health against that of the team he claims colourfully to have endangered his own. For three seasons Manchester United have outshone Chelsea in the Premier League and Champions League and Terry has taken it hard.

“I’m fed up with seeing Man United winning trophies. I want to push on as a player and win so many more things for this football club,” Terry said. “I want to win the Champions League. I swear to God I’m desperate to win it.

“But I’m really desperate to get the title back off Manchester United. It’s been three years and it’s killed me personally. Going three years without the Prem title isn’t where we want to be as a football club.”

The England captain thought long and hard about handing in a transfer request when Manchester City bid £30m for his services and signalled they would almost double his wages to about £250,000 a week. His decision to stay at Chelsea — Terry is expected to sign a new contract guaranteeing his wages will rise to £151,000 a week — was influenced by a meeting with Roman Abramovich.

Though it is likely that Yuri Zhirkov, Ross Turnbull and Daniel Sturridge will be Chelsea’s only summer recruits, the club’s Russian owner signalled to their captain he is willing to continue lavishing his fortune on maintaining the club’s status. “I’ve had Roman’s ear for a couple of years,” Terry said, “and when you listen to him speak about his plans it’s inspiring. When you get Roman turning down a great offer for me and telling me he wants me to be at Chelsea forever . . . well, that’s nice to hear. “When I sit down and talk to Roman as a Chelsea fan it’s exciting. When he’s telling me the players he wants to sign, the ambition he’s got, the things he wants to do for the football club, it’s exciting.”

Chelsea have defeated United just once in six meetings and, despite today’s exhibition nature, Terry believes a win would have significance. “We have the experience and the manager to push on,” he said. “Carlo [Ancelotti] understands what modern-day players feel. We had a good pre-season tour [of the US] and I want to keep the momentum going. It’s not the be all and end all, but it would be nice to beat Manchester United.

“They’ve lost a couple of players and signed a couple so you never know. I want to win things and to do that we have to stop Man United winning things.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/Chelsea/article6788583.ece

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao this will be another wasted year.. i can feel it.

you can tell terry is frustrated with the lack of quality coming in to the club, let alone oldies such as sheva & god dam pizzaro staying to kill sturridges career.

but on the up side in football anything can happen so if we can perform when we get into the halfway point of the season it could be done who knows.

Edited by Terminator X

lmao this will be another wasted year.. i can feel it.

you can tell terry is frustrated with the lack of quality coming in to the club, let alone oldies such as sheva & god dam pizzaro staying to kill sturridges career.

but on the up side in football anything can happen so if we can perform when we get into the halfway point of the season it could be done who knows.

Oh happy days, Oh happy days biggrin.gif

Aw come on, I think we have got a great team that could win us the league, either that or win the Carling Cup and FA Cup

You don't have much faith your club do you!? :mellow:

Im sure he does have faith in his club but at the end of the day with what we have gone through in the last two years i can see why he would feel that way. Our last two season have not been all bad but than again with the right coaching staff we could of done alot better. We missed out on the title by a couple of points two seasons ago and if we had of just had stabilty with coaches we would of most likly won that year.

Of course we'll win the title, we're too good for the lot of them, just remember the song F*** em all, f*** em all, Man U, West Ham, Liverpool, because we are the Chelsea and we are the best, We are the Chelsea so f*** all the rest

Hard as it is if had to see Red at all rather see Man U/Arsenal red then shitty robbing scumy scouser red esp with Gerrard face that come with it

But no worries..blue :D blue be good we've won the community Shield..we've won a plate with a dent so lets win more shineys!