Dimitar Berbatov

captainmarvel

I think the point is you can't assume a good record in the Netherlands will definitely mean a good record in England, however you can't write off players because they've only played in the Netherlands either.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea of course, but what i'm saying is that there is always going to be a big, big risk of the player failing in England because he can't cope.. while if you sign someone like Berbatov you know what you are getting since he is proven in England... we seriously can't afford to get another Sheva or Kezman

sheva isn't going to produce the form anywhere near what we want him to... we are fucked in january if we don't sign a striker because sheva and pizarro aren't going to be scoring many
Hey mate why do you think like that....boath of them are top class strikers so they can score many goas this Januay and I still elive that they can do that,...

Hey mate why do you think like that....boath of them are top class strikers so they can score many goas this Januay and I still elive that they can do that,...
1. Pizarro is not a top class striker. He is a decent striker who will do a good job when thrown into a match or when we need someone to hold the ball up. He is not someone who will score goals for fun and he wasn't bought for that either 2. I would love nothing more than Sheva scoring 20 goals this season. But its a fact, it is NOT going to happen. He has no pace, no touch and his finishing is half-decent now. There is nothing special that he offers us. And if Drogba wasn't leaving for the ACN and we had another top striker, he would be offskies in January, no doubt

Shevchenko did as well as you would expect a striker who can't play as a lone striker being played as a lone striker would do. He needs another man besides him, you can't judge his performance today as par his ability.

he is not going to score like 5 - 6 games in a row for us and is certainly not going to get 20 goals a season for us.. we are wasting time with him. his years have past we need to look to the future and get a striker in who will actually do the business for us on the pitch game after game

• 2 weeks later...
Getting sick of this.

Had this 6 months ago with Defoe, every paper headline was about Jermain leaving, now its about Berba.

Staying till at least the summer.

Then we can pick both of them that would be great!!

Agent: Berbatov ready to quit Tottenham

Dimitar Berbatov wants to leave Tottenham if a suitable offer from a club 'which matches his ambition' comes in during the January transfer window, according to comments attributed to the Bulgarian star's agent.

The striker has rediscovered his stunning form for Spurs in recent weeks and fired four goals in the 6-4 win over Reading on Saturday. However, his agent Emil Dantchev claims the player is keen to join a team with greater trophy-winning potential than the north Londoners. Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has insisted they are not a selling club, but Dantchev is reported to have told The Sun: 'I have already spoken to the Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy and told him that if a club which corresponds to Dimitar's class and ambition comes in with an offer which suits his current club in January, he would like to be allowed to go. 'I would like to stress this is not about money, this is about sporting ambition, nor has it anything to do with the new manager Juande Ramos. Dimitar is perfectly happy with Ramos and the way he is working but after Tottenham's bad start to the season it is unlikely they will have the chance to do something big this season.' Manchester United have been linked with Berbatov in the past, but Spurs have always been firm in stating he is not for sale. Dantchev added: 'Dimitar is OK at Tottenham. I would not say he is happy but his performances for the club are a testament to his commitment to the fans and his team-mates. He has never stopped trying and scoring goals to help the team. 'Fans must understand Dimitar is 27 next month and time is running out for him to play for a club which can match his ambition. 'It is a long-term plan for Spurs. Dimitar wants to fulfil his potential and win trophies now. He would definitely consider a move outside of England, that is not the issue. What matters is a club which matches his ambition and his level, and therefore there are only five or six around Europe. Two clubs outside of England and one from the Premier League are interested in him.' Levy said yesterday: 'Once again for the record, we are not a selling club, rather we are building for the future. When we have players on long contracts we have no need to entertain offers.'

soccernet.com

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You