Have we lost ambition?

drogba 31, anelka 30, another safe manager choice instead of doing what bara did and appoint a young ambitious manager who of which lead them to european champions league success.

the 3rd place finish and the crazy ecstatic celebrations over an fa cup win against 'everton' was hardley what terry had imagined would be happening at the start of last season and has apparently had talks with roman abramovich over the future of this club, peter kenyon who has revolutionized the way Chelsea is perceived by fans worldwide through marketing is reportedly on his way out too.

it just sents out the wrong message to the players and our competitors if we sold terry, and i'm sure 'if' terry is sold to a club not even in the champions league real marid will come sniffing for essien.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Drogba and Anelka are in their 30's. Which is why we have Di Santo and Sturridge in the squad and why we are looking to sign someone like Aguero or Pato!

Ancelotti as a safe choice? Ancelotti isn't exactly old for a manager and is a massively respected manager. We have done very well to appoint such a high profile manager. Signing Ancelotti as manager shows a lot of ambition if you ask me.

When Scolari left the club everyone thought the season was over with and we would do well to secure a CL spot! We ended up having an excelant run, doing well to finish where we did in the league. Shafted out of the CL final and winning the FA cup. Taking everything into consideration the way last season ended was a massive success.

If you honestly believe that JT is worried about Chelsea's ambition and feels Man City has more ambition then you are mad! Who would have been happy for us to sign Barry, Santa Cruz and Adebayor???? Tevez was always going to go where the money is!!! IF (and thats a massive if, because i don't believe a word of it) JT leaves to go to city it will be for 1 reason and 1 reason only, and that is money!!!! Man City are offering ridiculous wages and their time will come when they are unable to sustain what they are doing.

Chelsea FC have all the ambiotion in the world. We want to be the best team in the world, win the PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling cup. Just because we have yet to spend £50m+ on a player and there are roumers that JT may leave to go to Man City does NOT mean the club lack ambition.

Let me ask you a question Terminator X, what would YOU do to rectify this problem that you see at Chelsea?????

when we appointed scolari he was also a massively respected manager lmao..

and i just dont see how milan will ever let pato leave and i cant see us daring to spend big on aguero seems as we didn't even want to pay an extra few million for robinho!

and yes good question, i would have never sold mourinho and had signed torres from athletico when we had the chance but of course that's all in the past now.. all i know is sturridge & di santo need game time and they will never get it.

when we appointed scolari he was also a massively respected manager lmao..

and i just dont see how milan will ever let pato leave and i cant see us daring to spend big on aguero seems as we didn't even want to pay an extra few million for robinho!

and yes good question, i would have never sold mourinho and had signed torres from athletico when we had the chance but of course that's all in the past now.. all i know is sturridge & di santo need game time and they will never get it.

There was more risk with Scolari even if we didn't see it properly at the time. Long time away frm club management and zero experience in club management in Europe.

Until the transfer window is shut you cannot judge us in the market this summer. The club have already said that we want to sign a big name player and are doing all we can to make that happen! Enough ambition? It isn't easy to sign these type of players, Man City certainly can't manage it!

There was no choice with Robinho, we were the only ones in for him, then at the last minute City came in and then could laugh at us and Robinho and say to him, City or nothing, and he took City!

The Jose situation is in the past, plus it was a parting of the ways which at the time was best for both parties. Torres would solve all our (limited) problems?

Playing youngsters is a completely different subject and we have no idea how Ancelotti will do that!!!!

A lack of ambtion? Not from where i am standing! Just because City and Real Madrid are going nuts (to varying degrees - Barry, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Adebayor / Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema) and we are not does not mean we lack ambition.

Man U have gone backwards, replacing Ronaldo and Tevez with Owen, Valencia and Obertan. Liverpool look set to lose possibly Macherano and Alonso and have signed no-one. Arsenal have are not signing anyone either........

the ideal signing would be Bojan krkic from barcelona

because unlike sturridge and di santo he's actually proven himself at a massive club and he's only 18.

and imo adabayor is a quality striker and as for real madrid buyng benzema that was hardley nuts, he's 21 years old and probably the biggest prospect in European football.

because unlike sturridge and di santo he's actually proven himself at a massive club and he's only 18.

and imo adabayor is a quality striker and as for real madrid buyng benzema that was hardley nuts, he's 21 years old and probably the biggest prospect in European football.

By "nuts" i mean spending what ever it takes in transfer fees and wages to get the players they want. Arsenal fans can't believe their luck at getting shot of Adebayor for £20m+.....

We have a squad more than capable of winning the league and the Champions league. We will be massively competitive this season...

The cloud currently over JT is the only problem we have at the moment..

How is bojan proven :huh: :huh: :huh: he hardly plays a game.

Terminator, I think it's odd that Kenyon, one of the people right in the thick of what you think smacks of "lack of ambition", also happens to be one of the people whose departure you're convinced will doom us to hell and back. Isn't he at least partially responsible for such heinous acts as not signing Fernando Torres, not jumping Benzema's bones, advocating for Scolari rather than a 'young and ambitious' coach, and in fact apparently being the last one to notice Scolari was gleefully sinking the ship?

If you want to talk about lack of ambition, Adebayor had one great season and immediately thought he was so good he didn't have to make an effort. He is one of, if not the most, indolent, classless 'top' strikers in Europe and there's a reason City has been the only one interested enough to make a bid this summer.

Terminator -first of all it's really good to see a thread where you've stuck your head above the parapet and said what you think. It seems 99% of threads nowadays are just someone copying and pasting some press release, so fair play for that.

I dont think the club have lost ambition, well especially not the fans . There has been a change in direction during the Kenyon era of marketing and finance, and the brand CFC coming before everything else. . This is just the way of all top clubs nowadays. Kenyon and Buck, etc are only interested in the business side and to me, should keep out of the footballing side. There have been some dodgy appointments -Scolari, Grant etc and I would like to see Arnesen make more of himself -but hopefully the board have learnt from their mistakes .....

I don't think we've lost ambtion. If we lost ambtion Scolari would have stayed and Roman wouldn't have hired Kenyon. These last two seasons have been a massive massive failure no matter how you look at it. What do we have to show for it, A FA Cup Winners Medal and alot of Runner Up medals. We haven't got our place in World Football history yet, We need to win either The Champions League or The Premiership this year, The FA Cup officially lost its worth when United sent out the team they did.

Bojan isn't proven, He sits on the bench at Barca and rarley gets a look in. I've had the arguement with you about Benzema before so theres no need to go into that. Yes, Drogba and Anelka are 30 and 31 but most clubs would give alot to have Drogba in our team. If Real Madrid get Essien I will cry, I really think this season he will establish himself and drive the team forward, If Terry wasn't captain they should give it to the Bison.

If we don't win The Premiership or Champions League this season I can see Essien, Terry, Di Santo, Stoch, Bosingwa and Cech leaving.

I can completely see where you are coming from with your comments Terminator X. However I dont think it really is the case. I do think the appointment of Ancelotti signals large intent, and the business we have already done so far is very positive work, two quality English youngsters and a world class prospect in Zhirkov. The club has also come out and said publically they intend to spend on a big name player. I also think Ancelotti has highlighted the fact that we already have a world class side who have been in 5 of the last 6 Champions League semi-finals so we already have a squad capable of competing at the highest level. Maybe as Chelsea fans our expectations have become too high and it is time we came back down to earth.

I really don't think its ambition we lack. You might not like the celebrations after the Wembley success, But I think that it showed squad camaraderie and was a great end to a very average season. If Kenyon goes he goes. We are already in the spotlight around the globe and sponsorship deals all sewn up until we get somebody else in. (it didn't take utd long) I think its us(some of us) the fans who have become impatient. We have seen all the Real and Citeh signings and already decided that we won't sign anyone else. As Esk says we have until the end of August before the window shuts. The shit over JT has put a few nerves on edge understandably. But that will blow over. Keep the faith Terminator X, all will be well come August.

the 3rd place finish and the crazy ecstatic celebrations over an fa cup win against 'everton' was hardley what terry had imagined would be happening at the start of last season and has apparently had talks with roman abramovich over the future of this club,

I'm not quite sure what is wrong with celebrating an FA cup win? It's a big achievement to win that cup especially after the dodgy season we had.

& you are believe the media about Terry's future at the club.

Mate you really need to stop being so depressing and negative and lighten up

Terminator, Why do you like to put the club down so much?

because i'm always backing up the club elsewhere whether it's on the net or in a general discussion about football, and this is a Chelsea forum so this is the place to criticize imo

I think even if we dont sign any more players, we are still in very good shape for the next season, we have a great squad. Winning the league and Champions League also comes with an element of luck attached. Maybe this will be our season, only time will tell.