Arsenal Fans and Adebayor Move

ARSENAL FANS HOLD PRAYER VIGIL FOR ADEBAYOR MOVE

ARSENAL fans staged a candlelight vigil at the Emirates stadium last night praying that Manchester City's bid for Emmanuel Adebayor is successful.

redcandle.jpg
Is God listening to Arsenal?
Candles were lit in front of a hastily erected shrine depicting the striker in a taxi heading up the M6, while others released white doves clutching ceremonial transfer cheques.

Adebayor fell out of favour with Arsenal fans after sitting in a deckchair and reading a book on the halfway line during a Champion's League match.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said: "City are keen to sign Ade, as well as the tea lady and a really nasty painting of Ray Parlour in the board room.

"I offered them a brace of cheap Ivory Coastians and as many Frenchmen as they could fit in their van. The next thing I heard was the 'beep-beep' of a forklift backing up with all the money."

City will pay by the hundred-weight for the players, with Wenger offloading whatever leftovers are hanging around the changing room, and Tomas Rosicky.

He added: "I've completely forgotten what we originally bought him for. Does he clean the bogs?"

City are expected to field a 1-1-8 formation with Adebayor playing in the inside-wide-right-secondary-holding striker position until someone explains to Mark Hughes what midfield is.

Wayne Hayes, secretary of the Arsenal Supporters' Club, said: "Arsene brought us success, beautiful football and the glorious Thierry Henry. But if the Adebayor deal falls through, I swear I'll rip his cock out through his nose."

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic