Deco's future

Should Deco be at the Bridge next season?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes, give him the chances that were given to Ballack, Malouda and company
    • No, sell him on, he isn't needed

I'm torn in two regarding Deco. I personally think that it was injuries and being played out of position by Scolari that made him a scapegoat for Chelsea last season. I won't deny that I didn't join in, but in all fairness, his performances were poor, very poor, up until the Bordeaux game in September. Prior to that, he looked world class and looked the missing piece of the puzzle. Left midfield is not his position, which contributed to his poor form, and niggling injuries prevented him from getting a good run in the team again. Now I am a massive fan of the player, I simply think he came to the club four seasons too late. Signing him instead of perhaps Tiago or Smertin back during Mourinho's reign would have been a better option - Mourinho knew him inside out, of course.

The man has undeniable talent and at Chelsea we've seen players such as Malouda and Ballack step it up in their second season at the club.

So do we keep him, or sell him off?

I ask this because of the fact he's turned up for pre-season. Deco is a great player but should he be at the Bridge next season?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He can stay for one more season.If everyone was given one more chance i don't see why it should be different with him.Injuries spoiled his great start later on other players were used more oftenly and he was left out.If he stays at Chelsea we will have a bigger squad and the depth will be fantastic.If he leaves it won't change much except our age average.

Hot potato hot potato.

Get rid of him. He lacked commitment and drive to get himself back into the team after his return from injury. We dont need that sort of player loitering around the training ground. He seemed to go into "sulk mode" once LFS got the boot.

I also think it is pretty clear Deco wants to leave, and we should let him and look to bring someone in now who can do a similar job but someone more long term. Carlo will have a good look at the squad he has before making any descisions and also deciding who is comming in before players leave.

I also think it is pretty clear Deco wants to leave, and we should let him and look to bring someone in now who can do a similar job but someone more long term. Carlo will have a good look at the squad he has before making any descisions and also deciding who is comming in before players leave.

Sergio tajera ?

Sergio tajera ?

Well Tejera is a similar player to Deco and i have liked what i have seen of him over the years. I have no idea though how well he got on in Spain so i don't know what sort of level he is at in this moment. But i would guess it is probably too soon for him.

Yes he does have talent. I wasn't much into him when Scholari signed him.

However he shock me with his superb performance for the first few matches, but after that, he faltered badly.

I say get rid of him! We were up 4-0 against Bolton, Exit Lampard, enter Deco. We just win 4-3. Not Strong enough for the English game, passing is way off at times, Fitness is terrible and still talks about Scolari. Get rid of him! Even a free Transfer will do me!