Carlo: Drog is going nowhere

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti says Jose Mourinho can forget about trying to sign Didier Drogba. Ancelotti insists the Ivory Coast hitman, 31, is a key part of his plans as he plots the Blues' first title triumph since 2006.

Inter Milan manager Mourinho is a keen admirer of Drogba, having coached him during his time at Chelsea.

But Ancelotti said: "Now I have Drogba in my team and he will be staying.

"I will not sell him to Mourinho."

Edited by the wes

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, look at the impact Didi had for us at the tail end of last season, if Carlo can keep that in him, then sorted, it'll be like buying a new player, as he was injured alot last season, he needs to find his form fro ma few years ago when he was almost prem top scorer.

I can see Carlo and Didier having a great relationship

i bet you said that about scolari :rolleyes:

i wish everyone would stop acting like it's all guaranteed.

everyone on here.. well 90% will have stated that scolari was going to be a success last season.

he didnt like Scolari...then he got injured...hence why he was hot n cold..

No, its the other way around. Brazilian football focuses on quick, pacey attacking play. Anelka fitted the bill better than Didier; and even when he was fit, Anelka was scoring left, right and centre. Scolari was reluctant to play him - it was he who didn't like Drogba.

Ancelotti loves the player. How many times have we heard him say he wanted to bring him to Milan? No wonder why Carlo wants him to stay. Its a no brainer.

everyone on here.. well 90% will have stated that scolari was going to be a success last season.

You can't criticise, you weren't even here at the time.

No i didn't actually. Scolari never said anything like that about Drogba when he joined Chelsea. Drogba is the kind of player you have to keep happy or he gets lazy. This is a great way to start the relationship.

And whats the point in saying we don't think the manager's going to be a success, you need to get behind them till they prove they're shit.

Drogba and Carlo will have a very strong relationship together, Didier respects the kind of coaches that care for their players and Carlo has already stated that he wants DD on his team next year. I also heard that he has a strong desire to coach the Ivory Coast squad in the future.

I was one who definitely had a good feeling about Scolari, but I have said it before and I will say it again, I have a worried feeling this time around. I hope to god that Carlito proves me wrong. But getting DD onside is a good start without a doubt.

Drogba has similar qualities to Shevchenko when he was at Milan, I can see him being utilized in a similar way. Wouldn't be surprised if next season turns out to be one of Dragba's best. Ancelotti obviously knows how to utilize play a player to the best of his ability and that's what he'll do with players like Drogba, Lampard and Essien who can turn a match on it's head the same way he done with Kaka, Inzaghi and Pirlo.