Sahar joins Espanyol

Chelsea's teenage striker Ben Sahar has moved to Spanish side Espanyol.

The 19-year-old, who became Israel's youngest international when he made his debut at the age of 17 in 2007, has signed a four-year contract.

Sahar joined Chelsea from Israeli side Hapoel Tel-Aviv in 2006 and last season had a six-month spell on loan at Dutch club De Graafschap.

He made five appearances for the Blues and also spent time on loan at QPR, Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth.

Sahar played nine games for QPR in the 2007-2008 campaign before moving to the Owls, where he scored three goals in 12 outings.

Last summer he switched to Pompey but he did not play for the first team during a six-month stay at Fratton Park and moved on to Eredivisie side De Graafschap, where he scored on his debut.

From the BBC. Also confirmed on Espanyol's website.

L’Espanyol tanca el fitxatge de Ben Sahar

El jove davanter israelià del Chelsea firma per quatre temporades

Ben Sahar (10/08/1989 Jolón, Israel) ja és jugador de l’Espanyol per a les pròximes quatre temporades. Malgrat la important contraoferta rebuda de l'Ajax, el jove davanter israelià s’ha mostrat inflexible i ha preferit recalar a la Lliga abans que tornar al campionat holandès, on va estar cedit els últims mesos en el De Graafschap i on va despertar l'interès d’altres clubs que van trucar a la porta del Chelsea.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a Looser this Frank Arnese...

What are you doing Frank....

Let me guess... Abramovich made a Mistake with you Right?? it wasn´t you the person who choose the good young player right, you where just there to take the credit of it right??

let me remint you....

Your job is to find.... future Kaka, Messi, Cristiano, Ribery, Ronaldinho, Lampard, Drogba type of player... and what are you doing... ha?? Buying Beshar type, Di Santo Type, ??

I´m so sure I can do it so much better... belive me

It is not bloody Frank Arnesen's fault the club failed to develop Sahar correctly by not playing him when they should have and not sending him to the right places on loan.

Sahar was a bright talent which we dulled.

It is not bloody Frank Arnesen's fault the club failed to develop Sahar correctly by not playing him when they should have and not sending him to the right places on loan.

what about Morten Nielsen he's a flop too........

Yes we did i am sad to say. Completely ruined by also doing too much too quickly with him.

Frank Arnesen takes a lot of stick for the fact we have no young players in our first team. But i think he is doing a good job, we have a LOT of fine young talent in our academy, and it isn't up to Arnesen to play them in the first team. Plus Di Santo, Stoch, Kakuta and Mellis all on the fringe is not bad at all. You don't build a successful academy overnight, our academy to put it nicely was s**t. The U16's group which is moving up to U18's this summer is the best group of players we have produced, from this group onwards we will see the TRUE worth of our academy..

Yes we did i am sad to say. Completely ruined by also doing too much too quickly with him.

Frank Arnesen takes a lot of stick for the fact we have no young players in our first team. But i think he is doing a good job, we have a LOT of fine young talent in our academy, and it isn't up to Arnesen to play them in the first team. Plus Di Santo, Stoch, Kakuta and Mellis all on the fringe is not bad at all. You don't build a successful academy overnight, our academy to put it nicely was s**t. The U16's group which is moving up to U18's this summer is the best group of players we have produced, from this group onwards we will see the TRUE worth of our academy..

Hey esk who is faster over a short distance out of kakuta and stoch. Also who is the better dribbler ? Stoch is really fast but i saw kakuta burn players in the under 17 championships

Edited by Badboy

Hey esk who is faster over a short distance out of kakuta and stoch. Also who is the better dribbler ? Stoch is really fast but i saw kakuta burn players in the under 17 championships

Erm, couldn't say for sure who is that faster out of Kakuta or Stoch, would say maybe possibly Stoch. But there is no doubt that Kakuta is the better dribbler, the boy can do magic with the football.....

Erm, couldn't say for sure who is that faster out of Kakuta or Stoch, would say maybe possibly Stoch. But there is no doubt that Kakuta is the better dribbler, the boy can do magic with the football.....

When i watch stoch its like the ball sticks to his feet but then again its like that wih kakuta. I like the way stoch can cross with both feet thats a real weapon. Kakuta's shooting is premiership level already imo his shooting would give any goal keeper problems.

When i watch stoch its like the ball sticks to his feet but then again its like that wih kakuta. I like the way stoch can cross with both feet thats a real weapon. Kakuta's shooting is premiership level already imo his shooting would give any goal keeper problems.

Stoch is ahead of Kakuta in his development and is better able to cope with the higher level of football at the moment. Stoch for is a fantastic little winger capable of great things. But if Kakuta can stay injury free and develop as well as Stoch then he will undoubtedly be better.

I have a feeling this won't be the last young player leaving us. Many more will go soon if they are not given playing time in the first team. If the young players are not given a chance this could be the first of many leaving us in the near future im afraid...

I have a feeling this won't be the last young player leaving us. Many more will go soon if they are not given playing time in the first team. If the young players are not given a chance this could be the first of many leaving us in the near future im afraid...

the next one to go would be Morten Nielsen