New Dawn

Warnie, you have the attitude of glory hunting United fans. Anything other than the best is not good enough.

We are a club that has always been mildly successful at best, and we are incredibly lucky to now be in a position to challenge for the highest honours. We should never forget that. This, and the last 5 seasons, have been brilliant, and long may it continue. I am confident we can clinch an FA Cup trophy to round off the season, and any trophy is superb.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being ambitious isnt Glory hunting for your kind information. It kinda rubbed off on me from our owner and our most successfull manager ;) .. As they say Success spoils a man. It pains me to see the amount of money spent on the squad and not win anything and then become the joke of all the tabloids and opposition fans. May be you can take it, I cannot.

I would be happy with the position we are in or even in a worse position, had we not spent much.

And sorry, but I do not agree with your comment on last 5 seasons. Ive seen you whining about the club and Roman in last two three seasons post Jose Sacking. So dont try and sound like you are happy with the way the club is "progressing".

Id be surprised if any fan over here says last 3 seasons have been happy for him. Specially after some anti club, anti Roman and anti Grant threads that Ive seen started on this forum.

So lets not be all Hypocrites here.....

Edited by warnie_666

I have complained, that is ambition as you say, doesn't mean I also can't appreciate where we are and what we've done. We're consistently a top team and that's great. We could have done better, but we could have also done a LOT worse and that is what I'm saying.

We most certainly have not hit rock bottom, which is the most important point in what I am saying to you. You are overreacting. We could be doing better, and should aim to do so, but we're not rock bottom, not by a long long shot.

Well my thoughts are exactly the same as Elliots. Why have we hit rock bottom i dont get it? We've consistantly been Champions League Semi Finalists (5 in 6 years + a final), top 3 in the prem, top 2 for 5 straight years and now 3rd (by 3 points) behind a much improved Liverpool team and we've been great in the cups again getting to another FA Cup final. I can't see anything to moan about at all in the slightest.

When you realise we havent been in a CL semi for 2 years and we're 15 points behind the top 2 without getting to any cup finals, thats the time to be concerned like Arsenal fans. We haven't taken any steps back, just not quite had the luck this year in certain things.

No need to worry

I have complained, that is ambition as you say, doesn't mean I also can't appreciate where we are and what we've done. We're consistently a top team and that's great. We could have done better, but we could have also done a LOT worse and that is what I'm saying.

We most certainly have not hit rock bottom, which is the most important point in what I am saying to you. You are overreacting. We could be doing better, and should aim to do so, but we're not rock bottom, not by a long long shot.

We all appreciate what we have acheived but I still feel, knowing the club and the standards it has set, we have under acheived for three successive seasons.

Whats worse than changing 3 managers in 2 seasons..lol. And please dont bring the relegation topic over here. We are looking at a Club that has invested millions but is operating like a joke. We are talking about a squad, that has gone from being the best to being an aged squad. No wonder the media and opposition fans like to have a laugh at us. The only way to shut those idiots is by gettin back to winning ways. And by that I mean winning the title or the Champions League.

Edited by warnie_666

Underachieved for 3 seasons....Come on warnie thats dumb. Just because we aint won the Premiership or the Champions League. We have to realise that its not purely down to us but down to the fact that Man Utd and Liverpool are strong teams and we've just been unlucky beyond belief in the UEFA Champions League. There's no point being hasty about it. We might get lots of luck next season and win 3 trophies, you dont know. You may look at our big games and think played 6 lost 4 but again its luck how Arsenal got the offside goal and Alonso got the huge deflection and at anfield we conceded both goals extremely late. We knocked Liverpool n Juve out of Europe and sooo almost Barca so thats proof that we are capable.

Its nothing that we're doing its just the fact that we had a blip under scolari from say october to just after X-Mas and we had some atrocious luck.

We've pretty much proven you cant buy titles so hah to all the fans at other clubs who thought we did :D

Nah seeing how this season could've ended Im happy.We havent done that bad.We went out the Carling Cup on pens which we suck at anyway,our form dipped when Man Us picked up hence not being top,we were unlucky Weds and still in the final.Yeh we maybe have underachieved a little but hey ho..two diff managers..two diff styles one great one not so and this is whats happens

And like said we could be Arsenal...5 years no trophy just finals and semis so :D

Underachieved for 3 seasons....Come on warnie thats dumb. Just because we aint won the Premiership or the Champions League. We have to realise that its not purely down to us but down to the fact that Man Utd and Liverpool are strong teams and we've just been unlucky beyond belief in the UEFA Champions League.

3 years back, you wouldnt have called Liverpool a Strong team. Look at them now. They have progressed and we have regressed. The club has made a joke out of itself post September 2007. True, luck hasnt been with us, but I feel we shouldnt just blame luck when we are playing with almost the same squad for 3 seasons.

But thats why the premiership is so good. Just because we had a great squad in 2006-2008 doesnt guarantee you trophies, you know football dont work like that, if it did there would be no point the opposition turning up for matches. Everyone is saying this is liverpool's best squad since the premiership started and they look destined to win nothing. Last season we lost the title on the last day and the Champions league final by the width of a post. If they had gone the other way, this thread wouldnt have been created and it wouldnt of been because we did anything different.

Like I say, I think the spirit in the squad has never been better in recent years, and if this season has not gone as expected, its because the players didnt respect Scolari. All we need is for Hiddink to stay , or have a good manager next that the squad respect -to me that would mean letting them have a say in who Abramovich appoints.

This is'nt rock bottom, We're going to won a trophy, the FA Cup, We've knocked out Liverpool, Juventus and almost Barcelona, Reaching the semi finals of the Champions League, and also closely behind Liverpool in third position. Comparing it to what we had 10 years ago, its pretty good.