New Dawn

I feel we have hit the bottom.

From changing managers every year to carrying an aging squad which has passed its peak. Chelsea has done it all and I cant see us treading the same path from now on. In the last few days, the amount of Shit we have heard about our club from the media is the worst any club has experienced, atleast in my time of watching football. It has been sheer vitriol spouted against us in the media after the injustice we experienced. We have hit a big low and the season isnt over yet, which makes it even more difficult for the players to perform to the standards we set against Barcelona over the two legs. So how can we come back from this? Winning FA cup? Sure, although that would seem like a consolation,but wouldnt heal all the pain the club, the fans and more importantly the players experienced.

In June and July, we have two months to dust ourselves off and rise again, to face another season against the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and more importantly the media. If there was any motivation we needed, the events post the semi final clash should be it. The best way to shut the media up is by winning everything in our path next season. I know it is a daunting task, but BArcelona are on the verge of doing it after hitting the low last season. So why cant we do it? We, inspite of all our troubles and managerial changes almost made it to the finals of the Champions League, could finish second in the Premier League and could win the FA Cup. In contrast, clubs like Liverpool consider their season as the best they've had for a long time, inspite of the stability. Imagine what our club can acheive if we maintain a stability at the helm. With a new manager and some fresh faces, we can and we will do it.

So, lets all dust ourselves off, pick ourselves and roar into the new season with our heads held high and beat the shit out of the ones who dare to cross us.

Carefree, Where ever You may be We are the Famour Chelsea FC

KTBFFH!!!!!

Edited by warnie_666

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people who have supported Chelsea for a while will actually appreciate that this has infact been a good season for the club. Back when I began to support the club back in 1997, I could never have imagined us playing in a Champions League semi final, and back then, third place in the Premier League was a massive achievement - and in my opinion, it still is. Of course we can be disappointed after the way we were so cruelly knocked out of the Champions League, but we've stil got the FA Cup final to look forward to and if we win that, it will prove to be a very good season for us.

We've hardly hit rock bottom. Look at Leeds United, who are in a state financially. They've hit their rock bottom. They were in a Champions League semi final only seven years ago and only yesterday they lost in their play-off first leg to Millwall and have got a lot of work to do to battle back into the Championship. That's rock bottom.

I can understand your disappointment after the season started off with such promise and I agree that we can do what Barcelona have done and come back all the stronger, but when I began to support the club this is the sort of season I dreamed we'd one day have - genuinely challenging for one or two or even three trophies each term. In that sense, I'm happy, and I'm not willing to let our recent success in the Abramovich years allow me to become 'spoilt' as a fan and demand and expect more from each player. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the players win games and lift trophies but you have to appreciate what we are doing now, other teams can only dream about.

Chelsea needs to become a long-term project once more, however. Sure, we can go and splash the cash but we need to develop a relationship with a young manager with fresh ideas who is willing over a period of one to two years to freshen up the squad, not just so we can continue to challenge for honours for the next couple of seasons, but for the half-dozen campaigns after that as well. But as it stands, I believe we have the foundations set - the foundations that can lead us into this 'new dawn' and truly dominate English football. It certainly is a very exciting time to be a Chelsea fan. It's good to support the club now because of the success we've had recently, but it could become even better...

I have to agree with BL on this one; this is hardly rock bottom. I remember back in '99 when Chelsea finished third and I was thrilled. This season has had it all: beautiful flowing football, a manager fired mid season, and a new manager that has become part of the family (if only for a short time). The last four or five years have been more exciting than I could have imagined back in '99 and I think the best is still yet to come. We just need to find a manager that Roman likes.

I think people who have supported Chelsea for a while will actually appreciate that this has infact been a good season for the club. Back when I began to support the club back in 1997, I could never have imagined us playing in a Champions League semi final, and back then, third place in the Premier League was a massive achievement - and in my opinion, it still is. Of course we can be disappointed after the way we were so cruelly knocked out of the Champions League, but we've stil got the FA Cup final to look forward to and if we win that, it will prove to be a very good season for us.

We've hardly hit rock bottom. Look at Leeds United, who are in a state financially. They've hit their rock bottom. They were in a Champions League semi final only seven years ago and only yesterday they lost in their play-off first leg to Millwall and have got a lot of work to do to battle back into the Championship. That's rock bottom.

I can understand your disappointment after the season started off with such promise and I agree that we can do what Barcelona have done and come back all the stronger, but when I began to support the club this is the sort of season I dreamed we'd one day have - genuinely challenging for one or two or even three trophies each term. In that sense, I'm happy, and I'm not willing to let our recent success in the Abramovich years allow me to become 'spoilt' as a fan and demand and expect more from each player. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the players win games and lift trophies but you have to appreciate what we are doing now, other teams can only dream about.

Chelsea needs to become a long-term project once more, however. Sure, we can go and splash the cash but we need to develop a relationship with a young manager with fresh ideas who is willing over a period of one to two years to freshen up the squad, not just so we can continue to challenge for honours for the next couple of seasons, but for the half-dozen campaigns after that as well. But as it stands, I believe we have the foundations set - the foundations that can lead us into this 'new dawn' and truly dominate English football. It certainly is a very exciting time to be a Chelsea fan. It's good to support the club now because of the success we've had recently, but it could become even better...

You cant compare those days to now. After the Club has spend millions, we had set some standards which we have failed to acheive in last two years.. We cant be like Arsenal and say ok...we have a decent season, move on to the next one. I am sure, people who were supporting the club when it got relegated may argue that that was the lowest point. My view is with respect to the current squad. I feel its hit the bottom.

Edited by warnie_666

You cant compare those days to now. After the Club has spend millions, we had set some standards which we have failed to acheive in last two years.. We cant be like Arsenal and say ok...we have a decent season, move on to the next one. I am sure, people who were supporting the club when it got relegated may argue that that was the lowest point. My view is with respect to the current squad. I feel its hit the bottom.

Can't I? I think I just did to be honest.

Liverpool have spent millions but no-one is calling their season a failure. I can't help but say this season has been a success. In February, after Scolari was sacked, I said I'd be absolutely thrilled if we could get in a manager who would change our fortunes and maybe win us a trophy. My stance remains the same.

Can't I? I think I just did to be honest.

Liverpool have spent millions but no-one is calling their season a failure.

That is the difference between Chelsea and Liverpool. They spend millions on their squad and consider their season as one of the best. When I say, we had set some standards we have failed to acheive that says it all. You may be satisfied with what we acheived in last two months but if you could make an effort to look at the broader picture, you would see the way Liverpool and Manchester United have progressed with their squads, while we have remained stagnant. And we all know we shouldnt have been in this situation we are in at the moment, we should have done better considering the overall season.

Edited by warnie_666

Fuck me, This aint Rock Bottom! Rock bottom is travelling back from bleedin' Scunthorpe after they had horsed us 4-1 in the League Cup. Rock Bottom is being done 6-0 by QPR (Just two days after being humped 4-0 by the happy Hammers at home), Rock Bottom is feeling the need and the utter blind loyalty to drag one's arse along to The Bridge to see us play fucking Luton in the Full Members Cup..all because of the chance of maybe, just maybe we may get to Wembley, even though it was a Walt Disney Cup, Because, deep down, we knew we would never get near the F.A or Rumblelows/Milk Cup.

Oh, and Scotland in Argentina 78 :rant:

Champions League Semi: being screwed but semi none the less

3rd in the League, just 3 points behind 2nd: tbh they have just had very good seasons consistantly

FA Cup final: Probs will win. Should win

CRISIS!

The spirit in the team right at this moment is probably the strongest it's been for years, definitely since Mourinho. Either one of those pikey outfits in Rome later this month, we'd beat off the park (ref/UEFA permitting).

Fuck me, This aint Rock Bottom! Rock bottom is travelling back from bleedin' Scunthorpe after they had horsed us 4-1 in the League Cup. Rock Bottom is being done 6-0 by QPR (Just two days after being humped 4-0 by the happy Hammers at home), Rock Bottom is feeling the need and the utter blind loyalty to drag one's arse along to The Bridge to see us play fucking Luton in the Full Members Cup..all because of the chance of maybe, just maybe we may get to Wembley, even though it was a Walt Disney Cup, Because, deep down, we knew we would never get near the F.A or Rumblelows/Milk Cup.

Too right chief -losing away to cardiff on a wet Tuesday etc etc.

Ally McCleod (RIP) Still remember like yesterday his explanation for Scotlands exit ''Football's strange''. Priceless.

I am not sure, but I think We lost to Millwall in the FA CUp semis in mid 90s and the reasons were pretty similar to the ones we experienced at the Bride against Barcelona. I think we were denied 2 blatant penalties by the referee and finally Milwall scrapped through. May be the Veterans on this site can shed a light on this.

Well, Sir, my reference was to the squad.

Aah that Millwall game in 94-95 lol n Kasey Keller being as cuntish as he was when we played Leicester in that 96-97 replay :P I don't think the game was live so i wouldnt know much about the match, just remember watching highlights of the shootout which i cried :lol:

Champions League Semi: being screwed but semi none the less

3rd in the League, just 3 points behind 2nd: tbh they have just had very good seasons consistantly

FA Cup final: Probs will win. Should win

CRISIS!

Heh, if we had Essien all year we would have push United for the title ah well. Let's panic now.

Heh, if we had Essien all year we would have push United for the title ah well. Let's panic now.

hahahaha the only reason we are not about to lift the premier league is because of kenyon & romans big mistake with scolari

simple as that.

Edited by Terminator X

hahahaha the only reason we are not about to lift the premier league is because of kenyon & romans big mistake with scolari

simple as that.

Oh well, third in the league, "third" in the Champions League and hopefully winners in the FA Cup. Wonderful season.

We should have been in two finals this year. Thanks to a missing goal and a ref, who doesn´t seem to like doing his job it was not to be.

BUT it could´ve all been worse...imagine Roman would not have pulled the emergency brakes.

We still have a final to win, and another thing, which is way more important for me is that with a good manager in charge this team is a real threat. Every single player pulled is weight, just look at Malouda, Anelka, Mikel, Ballack and so on. Players i doubted long time ago.

With all these injuries we did very well. Don´t forget : we lost Joey, Riccy and Essien for a long time, and never left the the top 4 spots. It started all very promising, with a huge downturn, but still a chance for the trophy.

Arsenal is having a shit season.

For the 5 time in a row now.

No, I can´t complain

And talking about the squad : we have some promising youngsters and basically a good strong squad. Few add-ons maybe wtih Tevez or Benzema...

Edited by diskoviolente