Manuel Almunia launched a bitter attack

<h2 class="padding-bottom-7" style="font-size: 1.05em; line-height: 1.05em;"> </h2>

<h2 style="font-size: 1.05em; line-height: 1.05em;" class="padding-bottom-7">ARSENAL keeper Manuel Almunia launched a bitter attack on Champions League rivals Chelsea last night. </h2> The Spaniard (left) branded the Blues’ football ‘boring’ and their fans ‘ghosts’.

He also made it clear he would rather play Chelsea in the Euro final in Rome on May 27 as they would be much easier to beat than Barcelona.

Almunia declared: “In the final I would want Chelsea. They are more predictable, whereas Barcelona have greater resources.

“We know what Chelsea are like. We have them measured. They wouldn’t surprise us.

“Our semi-final, first leg with Manchester United was much better than Chelsea’s against Barcelona. Chelsea just went to Spain to defend and it made for a boring game.

“They showed that all they wanted was a 0-0 result.

“Our manager Arsene Wenger doesn’t know how to put a team together that isn’t going for a win.

“United wanted to seal the game at home but didn’t manage it and our morale is high.

“We have a great home record this season and I know we can get through to the final.”

As for the Chelsea followers, Almunia added: “They say their fans are ghosts. You don’t see or hear them.

“A lot of people travel with English teams and it surprised me that not many Chelsea supporters went to Spain for their tie with Barcelona.”

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't know if he really said this or meant it.

But calling our fans ghosts? Are support could be better but this is coming from a Arsenal player?

Who's fans only have one song, and im not even going to go into the libary highbury part.

He also made it clear he would rather play Chelsea in the Euro final in Rome on May 27 as they would be much easier to beat than Barcelona.

Wtf you aint even in the final yet!!Mean you lost to Man you last weds so not that close..

What a pratt if he did say this things

You dont see them...

Hahaha he's priceless

lol thought i'd try it and see what the fuss was about - just kidding  ^_^

read the article yesterday and when i got home the score was already 0-2 i just thought - hahaha you should open your mouth more often 

i just thought that karma just worked perfectly last nite