Chelsea Vs Valencia

BlueLion.

Chelsea F.C. versus C.F ValenciaChelsea will look to progress to the next round of the Champions League is some style when they face a struggling Valencia side on Tuesday.

_44268210_drog_ap.jpgValencia have struggled to come to terms with European football this season whilst also suffering domestically. After suffering three consecutive defeats at home to Chelsea and Rosenborg, and also an away thumping to the Norwegian side, Valencia cannot progress, but will look to gain a UEFA Cup spot nonetheless. However, if Schalke record a home victory against Rosenborg and Chelsea defeat the Spanish giants, it will be the German team who progresses and Rosenborg who enter the last 32 of the UEFA Cup.Discuss here, and don't forget to predict in the Prediction League!

Edited by BlueLion

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling this may be a draw, but I hope we can progress with a win. Whatever the result is, it will have no affect on the table for us, as we are guaranteed first place.Teams we can face in the next round:(Teams in bold have finished second in their group, and are included in the second-seed teams for the draw)PortoMarseilleBesiktasLazioWerder BremenReal MadridOlypiakosCelticLyonRangersAS RomaPSVFenerbahceSevilla

Edited by BlueLion

This game is about as poinltess as you can get in the Champions league. We have already qualified top of our group and Valencia have no chance of going through so there is nothing to play for. I expect us to rest many players in preparation for the big game in Sunday...

Team... Cudicini ©, Belletti, Bridge, Ben Haim, Alex, Mikel, Sidwell, Wright-Phillips, Kalou, Shevchenko, Pizarro?That's probably what I'd play, give some second choices a run out.Edit: totally forgot about Essien! That makes things more difficult.

A few of my mates are going over to the game :blink: should be a good game all the same wether we play a weakened side or not, It'll be good to give Sheva and Pizarro a start to see how they play with each other...( doesnt sound good :o )...they'll need as many games as they can together to get an understanding going asap2-0

Yeh hopfully a win,keep home record and give us a bit of confidence for Sunday.For Valencia its just consulation (wtf happened to them?) and for us a kick about.No point Grant risking players we need badly for Sunday getting injured and ya Sheva defo!He's gotta score lol