Player "laughed at soccer memorial"

Drogba11CFC

A Liverpool footballer is facing a club probe over claims of inappropriate behaviour during a Hillsborough Disaster memorial service. Reserve team goalkeeper Charles Itandje appears on TV footage to be laughing and fooling around during the emotional service at Anfield on Wednesday. Around 30,000 people attended the memorial to mark the 20th anniversary of the disaster, which claimed the lives of 96 Liverpool supporters. The footage of the 26-year-old French keeper is being circulated on the internet alongside comments condemning his alleged behaviour. Many fans have labelled him disrespectful, immature and insensitive and called for him to be sacked or sold. One comment on the popular lfcreds.com site said: "Hillsborough is a very meaningful and important event for Liverpool, the families of the victims, the club, the team and the people of Liverpool. If Itandje really did that, then he has no respect." Liverpool FC has yet to comment on the matter but sources said officials have viewed the footage and are considering disciplinary action. Richie Pedder, chairman of the LFC supporters' club, said: "I don't think he realised the importance of the occasion. That sort of behaviour was not appropriate. I don't think he will still be at the club come the summer." Itandje signed for Liverpool in August 2007 and made his first team debut the following month. He made six further appearances that season but has not played first team football since. He was placed on the club's transfer list last summer.
Source: MSN UK

Disgraceful. Sack the cunt. :angry:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool reserve goalkeeper Charles Itandje, banned for 14 days for inappropriate behaviour during the Hillsborough memorial service, believes the media has blown the affair out of proportion.

"It is a 30-second video montage that was given senseless proportions. My behaviour should be judged over a one-hour video," Itandje told Sunday's French newspaper Aujourd'hui Sport.

"You know the papers here (in Britain), they do a lot with not much. I even heard I was dancing!"

"What happened will not do much to change my situation at the club since I am already on the transfer list."

He doesn't do much, this has been blown waaay way way out of proportion. Ok he acted like a bit of a twat but god.... 2 week ban is fair but it aint major news..

Edited by OllieCFC