Miroslav Stoch Blog

Steve

MIROSLAV STOCH

0,,10268~5330576,00.jpg

Hi, I'm Miroslav Stoch. I've been here at Chelsea since 2006 and have recently broken into the first team squad.

It is a dream come true for me to be involved working with some of the great players I have watched and learned much from over the past three years, and I am sure I can develop even more as a player working with them.

It was great to play my first game against Arsenal in November, but sad that we lost, so my highlight so far has been coming on as a substitute in the Stoke match.

At 1-0 down I just went on to try and make something happen, like Franco Di Santo, and it worked. My cross ended up with Frank Lampard and only one thing could happen in that moment, he had to score.

As I am new to the squad, you may not know much about me, but I am 19-years-old and grew up in the Slovakian city of Nitra, the fourth biggest in the country, close to the Austrian border.

Since being at Chelsea I have made many friends, the best of which are Milan Lalkovic and Jan Sebek, who are both from a similar part of the world to me. When we are together we do normal things, like shopping or going out for dinner.

This week I made my debut for the full Slovakia team as a substitute against Ukraine. It is a huge honour for me, I hope many caps will follow in the future and the best way to achieve that is to keep progressing and playing with Chelsea.

Now we are back at Cobham after international duty, it has been a little strange waiting for the new manager to start, but we are looking forward and are ready to challenge for trophies at the end of the season.

It is good to have Ricardo Quaresma here until the end of the season. It may be strange for me to say that as maybe it means I will play less football with another winger in front of me, but it is one more international player that I will be able to learn from.

Hopefully he can help us, with the new coach Guus Hiddink over the next couple of months, and next season I will be trying to win a place in a Chelsea team that is defending a trophy.

Chelsea Fc

Edited by STEV3O

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully he can help us, with the new coach Guus Hiddink over the next couple of months, and next season I will be trying to win a place in a Chelsea team that is defending a trophy.

Chelsea Fc

:D glad he's confident be nice if they can prove him right

Still intresting blog and hope we play him more

Edited by Laylabelle

Hope he dont end up like sinclair, loaning him out

If we loan him out, all the Chelsea fans will be so furious because everyone is asking for him to start games, but he never really gets a chance to be in the first 11. Everytime he plays he makes some sort of impact so i think that the club would be stupid to load him out.

It's great seeing Stoch finally making an impression in the first team. Having watched him over the last couple of years it is no suprise to see this. Unless there is injury problems i can't see Stoch starting games, which at his age isn't a bad thing. He will make many sub appearances as he already has done and grow into the first team playing against premier league opposition.

I just want to see him keep impressing when he comes on which he will do because he is a very very good player.

Was a bit of a child prodigy, and that seems to be spilling into adulthood.

He better score soon or I'm going to get all the West Stand booooing.

Lol. You make joke but that is a real worry with our youngsters, that unless they are world class that they will get hassle. But this season Di Santo, Stoch and Mancienne now have all received lots praise and support from the fans.

He's very quick, and add an extra dimension to our play. He's fast, skillfull, Something maybe we are lacking from the midfield this season. He has experienced players along side him and the only way he is going to improve is if we play him more. Would love to see him play the full 90 minutes, Against Juventus maybe. Great to see he is confident, and breaking into the international first team. Promising young player, Hope to see alot more of him!

Like i have said, for him this season coming off from the bench a dozen or so times will do him a lot of good. He is not going to start any games and it would be a little foolish to do so, to have him as an impact player for the time being is fine.