Frank Lampard splits with fiance Elen Rives

Steve

Frank Lampard splits with fiance Elen Rives

It’s all over for Frank Lampard and fiancée Elen Rives.

The couple, who have two young daughters, have decided to end their relationship after seven years.

Friends of the England and Chelsea midfielder say the trauma brought on by the death of his mum Pat, who passed away suddenly last April from pneumonia, put huge pressure on the relationship.

A pal said: “Unfortunately they have both just drifted apart and fallen out of love. If anything, Elen led the way in ending things.

“Frank’s mum Pat was at the centre of the family and he spoke to her several times a day. He has struggled to cope with life without her.

“With the children and his football commitments, it has meant Frank and Elen have had very little time of their own.

“Elen said she couldn’t take it any more and Frank agreed to the split three months ago.”

Frank, 30, and Elen, 29, have remained living under the same roof at their £3million townhouse in South-West London.

The pair are determined the split will be amicable and Frank is helping find Elen a house nearby so he can be close to their children, who are aged one and three

The friend added: “Frank is keen to remain friends and he can’t bear to be too far from the girls.”

Just last month Frank spoke for the first time about the loss of his mum, who was always in the stands watching her son play.

He said: “It is a huge gap in my life and very hard to handle.

“The first reaction was anger, the most amazing woman in my life gone. How can it happen to her?”

Elen met Frank in a London bar in April 2002 and, despite repeated reports of planned weddings, a marriage failed to materialise.

They almost split following reports Frank had a fling with an East European brunette in Las Vegas two years ago.

And Frank was said to be furious at reports last year that Elen had been married to impoverished Jordanian Asad Y Abu-Rmaileh.

Despite not marrying, Elen will still have rights to Frank’s £25million fortune. He is one of the world’s best-paid players, earning £150,000 a week with Chelsea.

When asked about the split yesterday, Elen told the Sunday Mirror: “There is nothing to say.”

Mirror

Ahh poor frank i hope hes ok

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hes shagged a few other women since shes been with him, I suppose she couldnt trust him anymore.

Hope his game doesnt suffer because of this.

Shes been on at him for ages to shed a few pounds, in the end she said ''enoughs enough fatty''

She is the cheater she married lampard when she was still married to this other bloke. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-40...mpards-WAG.html

Read the whole article and the divorce was a technicality IMO.

"She felt that I was holding her back from doing things. I said, "No, I don't want a divorce. Maybe we just need time." But she still moved out. I would ring her and ask her to come back but it didn't work."

Unable to cope with his crumbling marriage, Nael retreated to Amman, Jordan, to his parents' home where he continues to live with eight of his ten siblings.

He heard nothing from Elen for more than a year until late in 2002 when she made the call to tell him that she had met another man.

Read the whole article and the divorce was a technicality IMO.

"She felt that I was holding her back from doing things. I said, "No, I don't want a divorce. Maybe we just need time." But she still moved out. I would ring her and ask her to come back but it didn't work."

Unable to cope with his crumbling marriage, Nael retreated to Amman, Jordan, to his parents' home where he continues to live with eight of his ten siblings.

He heard nothing from Elen for more than a year until late in 2002 when she made the call to tell him that she had met another man.

Feel sad for Nael. Typical money hungry woman, who leaves her struggling guy for a footballer.

I dont care if Lampard cheated on her cus she deserved it. To leave someone who loves you so much for money and to lead a WAG'ish lifestyle, you deserve it.

^ They've already split for a year before she met Lampard.

And if she's truly power-hungry, she would never leave Frank even though he cheated on her more than once.

Edited by .Biru

^ They've already split for a year before she met Lampard.

And if she's truly power-hungry, she would never leave Frank even though he cheated on her more than once.

How do you no he has cheated more than once?

How do you no he has cheated more than once?

It was on the news.

Well, shes still getting millions for being lampard's daughter's mum..... <_<

Still much, much less than what she'd get as his fiance/wife IMO.