Quote's about Scolari from Kenyon this season

the wes

Just two months ago, Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon described Luiz Felipe Scolari as 'one of the world's top coaches'.But the Brazilian's brief reign at Stamford Bridge has now been dramatically ended after he was sacked by the Blues.

Here, Sportsmail tracks what Kenyon had to say about Scolari this season.

June 11

'He is one of the world's top coaches with a record of success at country and club level.

'Scolari gets the best out of a talented squad of players and his ambitions and expectations match ours. He was the outstanding choice.'

July 10

'Obviously with Felipe joining us and new players as well there will be a huge spotlight on us and I think everyone is excited to see how he gets on and we have no doubt that he will do a great job.

'It's always good to start with a home game and I think the way the games are, at the moment, we have a good beginning, good end and a tough middle but there are never any easy games.'

October 25

'The mood within the club is very positive.

'The manager has had a huge impact on the team and externally. People see him for what he is, a world-class coach and a really nice person.'

December 2

'I don't think anyone would deny we've had some disappointing results but it's not yet Christmas.

'It's a long season. He's made a huge impact on the way and style that we play.

'That's been pretty immediate. He's got a three-year contract. You don't want to sack a manager every year.

'First and foremost, you want some continuity.'

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

borrowed from cfcnet sad but true

At the time of writing, we have two goalkeepers; three natural right backs and just one on the other side in Ashley Cole; five centre-backs, one of whom wants to leave, and two who never get picked; a player in Mikel who, without for a second doubting or calling into question his ability as a defensive midfielder, is more comfortable in an attacking role; an ageing midfield which is carried by Frank Lampard; wingers who cannot cross, dribble or provide half the thrust of Damien Duff and Arjen Robben at their pomp; and two strikers, one of whom wants to leave, the other who hasn’t scored a league goal since December 14th. And that’s not even mentioning the talented youth players who Scolari just would not give a go, even in those rare occasions where we were winning games comfortably.

^^^^^

So true! we need a rethink about our squad! well a to change our starting lineup and get stoch and di santo on give them a 2 or 3 or 4 games and see what happens. nothing can be go wrong we lose or draw it doesnt even matter we are doing that now!

They had Kerry Dixon on 5-Live earlier, I'm not sure if it was him who said it or not, but a quote from Scolari was used when he first arrived at Chelsea.

"I dont care if I get the sack, I will get another job......" (something along those lines)

They then went on to have digs at him stating that this sort of comment showed the drive he had to make himself a success at Chelsea........Hardly inspiring.