All TalkChelsea members who live outside of England

the wes

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very small.

I am spending lots of time in pubs watching the matches. The crowd there gives a good overview for the situation in Germany :

Lots and lots of Manunited supporters

Even more Liverpoolfans

and very few Chelseafans, most of them are because of Ballack.

Everytime Chelsea is mentioned in the german media it is always linked with Ballack, like "...Ballacks club Chelsea in serious trouble " and so on...

why do you ask ?

umm wasn't really so big a few years ago

alot of man you, liverpool fans (few arsenal ones crept in during the unbeaten run)

but know our popularity seems to be growing here - you see kids with the kits on in the malls and stuff so i think people are starting to get to grips with who we are

Manu and Liverpool have always had a massive support when I was growing up, and being the only kid in school who supported Chelsea brought its usual amount of laughs.

Only in the last 10 or so years have I noticed a larger amount of people wearing Chelsea tops and more so now you'll see numerous cars with scarves and stickers showing their support. I know of two Chelsea Supporters Clubs near me. One in Newtownabbey and another in East Belfast who I'm friendly with a few of their members as I used to worked with them.

Success brings support, but at least I can live with the fact that I'm not a glory hunter :thumbsup:

Let´s put it this way...

I live in Costa Rica... Central America In the other side of the World... very Small country.... 4.5 Millions of people... Chelsea was nothing here... now theres more Fans everytime... i´m a big fan... but there is more Barcelona, Real Madrid, United Arsenal an some Liverpool Fans... But I see more Chelsea shirt in the las 2 years.

Is hard for us because wi don´t have much access to Chelsea Info... the last Info Was the Roman Abramovich was here on vacation, but the TV news was not right That guys wasn´t Abramovich... i knew it as soon as I saw him on the TV...

I hope one day some of them came here for for vacations, Many Hollywood Star

do it often.

Well Chelsea is obviously massive in England, so there is no point me stating the obvious :lol: But where a lot of my family live, in Cork, Ireland, the Blues are pretty big over there as well. Not to the same scale United, Liverpool and Everton are, but still very popular.

Before Abramovich's arrival we had a little group of the czech CFCfans. And all these people are great lads. With the big transfers, many new fans have emerged but most of them don't understand the reality. They really don't know what was before 2003, they are pretending how they know the years before that etc. They are just kids. Anyway at least a few of those people are intelligent so a discussion with them has some asset.

The important thing was a signing of Pete as well

Edited by milan.cech

I live in Slovenia with 2 Million people.

Here are a lot of AC Milan and Juventus supporters, but when it comes to england

ManUtd and Liverpool have most fans.

Chelsea is quite big and its getting bigger with years not only with money and Roman

but also with popularity of Premier league and with all multimedia and internet that has

become available. Its easier to get information now days than it was 5-10 years ago.

In my University Ive found out from people that most support Chelsea. I was surprised to hear that. But, Last year when me and a frd of mine(Chelsea Supporter) went to a pub to watch the Champions League Final, I guess the ratio of Chelsea to Man Utd fans was 6:20. And there was one Chelsea Fan who really pissed me off, cus he was supporting a Manc and joking about our players. WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!

More Trophies>More FanBase>More revenue.

Manchester United are the perfect example.

Edited by warnie_666

Very small.

I am spending lots of time in pubs watching the matches. The crowd there gives a good overview for the situation in Germany :

Lots and lots of Manunited supporters

Even more Liverpoolfans

and very few Chelseafans, most of them are because of Ballack.

Everytime Chelsea is mentioned in the german media it is always linked with Ballack, like "...Ballacks club Chelsea in serious trouble " and so on...

why do you ask ?

Agree.

Argentina is full of Glory Hunters, speaking clubs in Europe.

When Crespo was in Chelsea, was a matter of walking a few streets to see 100 shirts of Chelsea. Tevez is now at Man Utd, and everyone you see the Man Utd shirt with the number 32, Tevez. And of course, not all are Glory Hunters in Argentina, talking about football in Europe.

But the vast majority of Argentines hate the English for historical and political facts that there are also many people who do not watch football in England. I do not hate England by a country that seems innovative. There are people who admires England, but only few.

PD: I know some things are poorly translated.

Edited by chelseafc

I'm from Melbourne Australia, I have been a Chelsea fan for the last 10 years as my Nanna lived in Chelsea and brought me up on them and so did my dad who has supported them since he was a kid.

The fan base here is not that big but you will find the odd supporter floating around but most of them are clueless on results and even whats happening in the world of football.

I can tell you that most of the so called fans in Australia mainly support either Liverscum or Manure but more scum easily. I'm guessing for the main fact that "Harry Kewell" played for them but i like to look at it that most the people in my area are scum aswell and they just take after each other so that's the way i put it.

As for united you will find those fans that support them for the glory as they have been so successful in the last few years but when it comes to these so called 'fans' watching the games you will find 1 or 2 people that stay up to watch every game like myself.

A prime example of this, i guy walked into my work the other day with a scum shirt on, so i decided to test his knowledge and ask him the score between them and everton in the league the other day lol and he told me the final score was them winning 2-0 i just had to laugh but he didn't no what was funny.

But yeah these are the types of fans that you will find in Australia and than like i said you will find the 1 or 2 fanatical that will stay up at all hours of the morning to watch the team that they love.

Edited by STEV3O

There are alot of Chelsea supporter's clubs in America. I live too far to be an active member in any of them. I am the only Chelsea fan in my town tho. Erie isn't a big "soccer" town, we r a "football" town, as Buffalo, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh are all 2 hrs. away. you think scouse or manure fans are bad, Steelers fans are worse!

Not many in sunny South Australia. (44c today) :fainthv9:

There's no supporters club as such like the Eastern states.

I think Foxtel (SKY) has ruined the commaradary(sp?), as we dont have the pubs to head down to like the Windsor or Dickens on Collins like I used to when I lived in Melbourne.

We have the Rosmont in town but I dont like sticking to the carpets and smelling the toilets in the bar whilst I'm having a beer. :mouthclosed:

None the less, there are more and more Blue shirts popping up in town and the markets...which is nice. :thumbsup: