Roman Abramovich backs Chelsea's new stadium plan

the wes

Roman Abramovich will underwrite Chelsea's stadium development to silence rumours that he is planning to sell the club.

Abramovich could have to cough up around £500million if the club relocates from their present ground at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea are also looking at ways to increase their current capacity.

The Russian billionaire wants to see the club have a home that boast a bigger crown potential than their current capacity of 42,055.

Several companies have already approached the club with options to purchase land to build a new state-of-the-art stadium. But none of the options have been realistically viewed as genuine alternatives to their current location.

Chelsea admit it could take as long as five years for any project to come to fruition which further emphasises Abramovich's long term commitment to the club.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21069647/

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROMAN ABRAMOVICH has assured Chelsea he is still ready and willing to bankroll a new stadium.

Chelsea are deliberating over whether to improve Stamford Bridge or move to a new venue elsewhere in the capital.

Staying at The Bridge means Chelsea would only be able to increase their capacity to 55,000 — 21,000 below Manchester United’s capacity at Old Trafford.

Moving to a new site would allow Chelsea to have whatever capacity they wanted. The problem is finding the land to build it on.

Rumours have swept football that Abramovich has either lost interest in Chelsea or is preparing to sell the club. Both have been strenuously denied by the club, who threaten legal action against anyone spreading such gossip.

The news that Abramovich is still ready to fund a project as expensive as a new stadium is seen as further proof that he is going nowhere.

The Blues will be making a statement on Abramovich’s long- term commitment when they unveil their financial figures next month. Officials are tight-lipped over the nature of the announcement — but stressed it will be a significant signal from the club’s super-rich owner.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/1422...kroll-move.html

I have few questions to the season ticket regulars.

Do we have a housfull for every game? or is it only against big 4?

I asked my cousin an Arsenal fan, if tickets to emirates are available easily. He said no, season passes have a 10 yr waiting list or something on those lines.

He said, tckets to the games are extremely tough to get.....

Now,

Do we have a similar situation at Stamford bridge? If so, then I would back the New Stadium Plan. If Not, Lets just stay at the bridge .

I have few questions to the season ticket regulars.

Do we have a housfull for every game? or is it only against big 4?

I asked my cousin an Arsenal fan, if tickets to emirates are available easily. He said no, season passes have a 10 yr waiting list or something on those lines.

He said, tckets to the games are extremely tough to get.....

Now,

Do we have a similar situation at Stamford bridge? If so, then I would back the New Stadium Plan. If Not, Lets just stay at the bridge .

Just about every league game sells out, if not every. The only time I remember a small crowd recently was against Rosenborg.

I do believe there is also a waiting list for season tickets at the bridge.

I just think they should knock down the hotel behind the Shed and add another tier. Would get another 6,000 seats, I guess.

Thats what I think but when I went on the tour,the guy said they couldnt expand due to health and safety and the fact theres only 2 main exits or something like that though 6,000 guess thats not a vast amount but I duno all a bit hmm

if we do start building work at the bridge we will need to rent a stadium out if so why not rent-out wembley stadium it would be fucking brilliant

That's not necessarily true, it is possible to do construction on one stand and keep the others open.

There was a rumour a few years back when Roman first took over that we would play our home games at the millenium stadium in Cardiff while we rebuild Stamford Bridge

Hahahahaha

You're from South Africa so I guess you have no idea how stupid that would be

There was a rumour a few years back when Roman first took over that we would play our home games at the millenium stadium in Cardiff while we rebuild Stamford Bridge

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

ahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The plan from the start is to make Chelsea the biggest club in the world, to do this we defnitely need a new stadium. However do i want to leave Stamford Bridge? No i love the place, too many teams are building these new modern stadiums... i hope we can stay away from that idea. It would ruin the atmosphere for a start.

I just think they should knock down the hotel behind the Shed and add another tier. Would get another 6,000 seats, I guess.

Sounds like a good idea.....but you will have to buy Batesy out of his penthouse suite.

Which I think he has only last year renewed his lease... :thumbsdown:

Knowing him he would want squillions to get him to shift.

Why dont we move Fulham Broadway underground and move the stands back over the railway lines, which we/or British Rail wanted to do back in 1905.

We can then have our own SB station and the access/egress problem should be halved.

Just a thought.. :whistling: