Roman Abramovich backs Chelsea's new stadium plan

the wes

Sounds like a good idea.....but you will have to buy Batesy out of his penthouse suite.

Which I think he has only last year renewed his lease... :thumbsdown:

Knowing him he would want squillions to get him to shift.

Why dont we move Fulham Broadway underground and move the stands back over the railway lines, which we/or British Rail wanted to do back in 1905.

We can then have our own SB station and the access/egress problem should be halved.

Just a thought.. :whistling:

They built Fulham Broadway station mere feet from the stadium entrance but a few years ago, so that's clearly not going to happen

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think so in theory, but I suspect building over the train lines would be problematic. The main thing is, where do the foundations go? If you can get around moving the track to get the foundations, the train line would still have to be closed for an extended period of time while the foundations are dug. And I don't see whoever owns those train lines agreeing to that.

Hahahahaha

You're from South Africa so I guess you have no idea how stupid that would be

I have a fair idea of how logistically it could not work especially with our training complex, that cost millions to build, being in Cobham, Like I said it was rumour and must rumours are started by Journalists so thats is probably where the stupidity came from.

From what ive heard, building a new stadium will not be an option until all resources to increase the capacity of Stamford Bridge are exhausted....I believe the biggest issue is getting people in or out of the stadium which on has one entrance/exit?

However seeing as I am not from SW6 perhaps those of you that are from West London can answer whether or not there actually is anywhere in West London that a new stadium can be built?

You'd think so in theory, but I suspect building over the train lines would be problematic. The main thing is, where do the foundations go? If you can get around moving the track to get the foundations, the train line would still have to be closed for an extended period of time while the foundations are dug. And I don't see whoever owns those train lines agreeing to that.

There are ways and means, but your'e probly right. :blue scalf:

The stadium has two exits, by the hotel/restaurant complex on to Fulham Road and onto Fulham Broadway by the tube station. But these exits aren't enough with our current capacity.

And by health and safety due to the number of exits is the reason they cant expand

And to be fair they have enough trouble coping with 40,000 going to Fullham Boradway never mind a 6000more

Edited by Laylabelle

Surely all that needs to be done is a walkway built behind the mh end over the railway lines, or even a tunnel under that leads the fans to either earls court or west brompton tube station.

Oh and there is no ST waiting list, last year it was just any members over x amount of points there is no list , you can have been to no games , go to a lot one year on a membership and bang you have a st.

I seriously doubt we would sell out a 60k ground

a pal has been telling me he heard a rumour, and before you ask i don't know where fro :rolleyes:

but it was on the site of the old fulham power station, now i'm not exactly sure where that is, i've been told it's thames side north of wandsworth bridge so i guess it's somewhere around peterborough/carnwith rd's.

regards:JBD

In a memorial service on Sunday, 1 October 2006, Peter Osgood's ashes were laid to rest under the penalty spot at the Shed End of Stamford Bridge. Over 2500 fans attended the memorial service and they were joined by former managers, chairmen, players, colleagues and current Chelsea players[1]. In December 2007 in a 4-4 draw against Aston Villa, Andriy Shevchenko scored the first penalty kick at the Shed End since Osgood's ashes were buried there.

from Wikipedia.

A very good reason not to move away from the Bridge.

Knock down the hotels, bomb Old Trafford just for fun and make the Bridge bigger

Surely all that needs to be done is a walkway built behind the mh end over the railway lines, or even a tunnel under that leads the fans to either earls court or west brompton tube station.

Oh and there is no ST waiting list, last year it was just any members over x amount of points there is no list , you can have been to no games , go to a lot one year on a membership and bang you have a st.

I seriously doubt we would sell out a 60k ground

if they lower the tickets prices down i think we would sellout all the time Edited by the wes

In a memorial service on Sunday, 1 October 2006, Peter Osgood's ashes were laid to rest under the penalty spot at the Shed End of Stamford Bridge. Over 2500 fans attended the memorial service and they were joined by former managers, chairmen, players, colleagues and current Chelsea players[1]. In December 2007 in a 4-4 draw against Aston Villa, Andriy Shevchenko scored the first penalty kick at the Shed End since Osgood's ashes were buried there.

from Wikipedia.

A very good reason not to move away from the Bridge.

Knock down the hotels, bomb Old Trafford just for fun and make the Bridge bigger

good idea :thumbsup: