Chelsea 3-2 Leeds

5 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I think he applied the same finish he tried and missed twice against pool.

The difference is that Liverpool goalie was quicker and blocked him in a way he should've tried something else -- dribble past/round the goalie not attempt the strike. It was poor decision rather than a bad shot (against pool).

I see the chance you're referring to. He had two noteworthy opportunities to end the game either side of that point, but I suppose a player of a higher level of GK is more aware.

Mudryk's goal tonight was almost identical to Gallagher's attempt, which struck the post. Fine margins are the difference between failure & glory.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

I see the chance you're referring to. He had two noteworthy opportunities to end the game either side of that point, but I suppose a player of a higher level of GK is more aware.

Mudryk's goal tonight was almost identical to Gallagher's attempt, which struck the post. Fine margins are the difference between failure & glory.

yup and I think a confident FW tends to try the dribble/cut/go round more often when he does not see a clear shot. Oh well.

5 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Hopefully sold on 14th June.

and replaced with whom?

as is we have a shot at any of these:

Federico Valverde
Pedri 
Gavi  
Eduardo Camavinga

Frenkie de Jong (he might be sold but why would he come here?)
Nicolò Barella 
Warren Zaïre-Emery

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and replaced with whom?

Federico Valverde
Pedri 
Gavi  
Eduardo Camavinga

Nicolò Barella 
Warren Zaïre-Emery

I'm afraid Conor may be one of the very few players who can get a big offer in the summer. Unless Sterling goes semi-retirement route.

Different characteristics in the players you listed: some far more attacking minded than Conor--which may be a good thing if we can convince Enzo he's a CM.
Except perhaps de Jong who's more of a positioned CM? good passer tho.

Edited by robsblubot

Well there is one thing this group of players will be remembered for: being the worst/weakest group of players bought for this much money EVER in footballing history. Maybe not the history Boehly and Clearlake want but it will be what this group is remembered for.

Fair to say Boehly & Clearlake out. Stewart & Winstanley out. Pochettino out. Then get rid of some of these absolute imposters. There is no passion or quality from top to bottom in the whole club. Actually embarrassing.

Also Madueke, Mudryk… are these guys even human? Yet alone footballers? Talk about braindead. Do they even look up and at whats going on around them on the pitch? Ok so Mudryk got a goal but I am actually surprised given how often he seemed to run the ball out of play/into traffic as if he is a blind man.

Fans will start boycotting games soon if things don’t improve and I don’t blame them either. 

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well there is one thing this group of players will be remembered for: being the worst/weakest group of players bought for this much money EVER in footballing history. Maybe not the history Boehly and Clearlake want but it will be what this group is remembered for.

Fair to say Boehly & Clearlake out. Stewart & Winstanley out. Pochettino out. Then get rid of some of these absolute imposters. There is no passion or quality from top to bottom in the whole club. Actually embarrassing.

Also Madueke, Mudryk… are these guys even human? Yet alone footballers? Talk about braindead. Do they even look up and at whats going on around them on the pitch? Ok so Mudryk got a goal but I am actually surprised given how often he seemed to run the ball out of play/into traffic as if he is a blind man.

Fans will start boycotting games soon if things don’t improve and I don’t blame them either. 

I havent rejoined this year and been at all. Its too much £££ to spend to watch a bunch of players who don't give a crap. Least at home when it's over turn the telly off rather then suffer the train journey and that back. 

It's just bonkers how much money has been spent and what is being produced. Teams who have spent way way less have way more passion and spirit then this lot! It's sad to see how far and how quickly everything has fallen.

This game the way they started duno if it was arrogance or maybe shock the way Leeds came at them but wtf was going on! Again...

10th if we get there is about right! It's not like had bad luck...

Edited by Laylabelle

50 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and replaced with whom?

Federico Valverde
Pedri 
Gavi  
Eduardo Camavinga

Nicolò Barella 
Warren Zaïre-Emery

We have many youngsters already that can replace him including Lavia, Casadei and Santos.

7 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

We have many youngsters already that can replace him including Lavia, Casadei and Santos.

Because the answer is having MORE youngsters... more cowbell! 😃

You know we have a U18 team if you are into that.

Just now, robsblubot said:

Because the answer is having MORE youngsters... more cowbell! 😃

You know we have a U18 team if you are into that.

Yeah cuz having bang average 24 years olds will be better. Point is any of those guys can easily reach the performances of Conor since the bar is set incredibly low.

43 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Yeah cuz having bang average 24 years olds will be better. Point is any of those guys can easily reach the performances of Conor since the bar is set incredibly low.

Worse than a bang average 24 is a bang average 19 yo who does not even body mass to compete at this level.

The key is to get good players, but the age of the squad, as well the experience, has to be considered; it is always considered.

Liverpool - ManU and ManCity - Newcastle in the quarters means two of the big teams left will go out

Good chance to go to Wembley again and find a way to lose another cup final 

22 minutes ago, Strike said:

Liverpool - ManU and ManCity - Newcastle in the quarters means two of the big teams left will go out

Good chance to go to Wembley again and find a way to lose another cup final 

Semis are also on Wembley so we are one Championship side away from Wembley. 

It's a shame we lost final and trophy but that would only get us Conference League. My goal number one this season is Europa League. At this point I think it's easier from PL to get there. Win one game in hand and we are one point away from it.