Do you think we need to buy in the January transfer window?

the wes

do you think we need to buy in the january transfer window  

16 members have voted

1. 1. do you think we need to buy in the january transfer window

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree we need some fresh legs and creativity. Having said that, I was having a whinge about Abramovich not spending the other day and it was pointed out to me that he has actually spent another £50million on Chelsea in the last year whereas I was trying to say he hasnt given us any money for ages.

Ivanovic £9million

Anelka £15million

Bosingwa £16.3million

Deco £8million

The fact is, if the managers arent spending the money he gives them well enough, thats hardly Abramovich's fault and it probably doesnt inspire him to keep handing it over.

Yes, we need a new winger who can break defences apart, but also be very creative when trying to assist the strikers when we are attacking. But that being said i do not want to just waist money and buy a player that is not going to do what we need, so if the opertuntity does not come up to buy a decent player than i say no because than in the summer roman may not lend as much money.

Edited by STEV3O

I agree we need some fresh legs and creativity. Having said that, I was having a whinge about Abramovich not spending the other day and it was pointed out to me that he has actually spent another £50million on Chelsea in the last year whereas I was trying to say he hasnt given us any money for ages.

Ivanovic £9million

Anelka £15million

Bosingwa £16.3million

Deco £8million

The fact is, if the managers arent spending the money he gives them well enough, thats hardly Abramovich's fault and it probably doesnt inspire him to keep handing it over.

Add di Santo into that list as well, Misschief, I think he cost around £4.6 million as well.

But I completely agree with you, the funds have been there, but spent on the wrong players IMO. The £8 million we spent on Deco's 4 decent performances so far could have gone towards a winger.

Add di Santo into that list as well, Misschief, I think he cost around £4.6 million as well.

But I completely agree with you, the funds have been there, but spent on the wrong players IMO. The £8 million we spent on Deco's 4 decent performances so far could have gone towards a winger.

Thanks for that, missed him.

£3.4million apparently - and could even be bloody good value if he gets a game!

Still, why play a decent looking Di Santo when you've got a bloody useless Deco??

Of course we need to buy, the whole world can see that we are lacking at least 1 new winger. We need to start looking to bring in more players like Di Santo, young top prospects who won't cost the earth in wages - and when we have them, actually play them!!!

Our squad definately needs a revamp with some young fresh eager blood in it! Yes we have world class players and top names, but those players are getting on now and more to the point are not performing!

If we dont get anyone in during the window, The only players we have who can play wide are Joe Cole (Scolari seems to have lost faith), Malouda (Isnt up to the job), Kalou(Too inconsistent) and Stoch(Dont think he'll get his chance).

Thats been our achilles heel ever since Duff and Robben were sold. We havent replaced them with players of that quality and its something that should have been sorted out some time ago. Our midfield is too narrow and its crying out for some natural width.

If we dont get anyone in during the window, The only players we have who can play wide are Joe Cole (Scolari seems to have lost faith), Malouda (Isnt up to the job), Kalou(Too inconsistent) and Stoch(Dont think he'll get his chance).

Thats been our achilles heel ever since Duff and Robben were sold. We havent replaced them with players of that quality and its something that should have been sorted out some time ago. Our midfield is too narrow and its crying out for some natural width.

Couldn't agree more! Wingers are our problem at the moment, Malouda and Kalou are not performing consinstantly enough. Scolari seems completely unwilling to try our young wingers (Sinclair, Stoch and even Kakuta) even though these players are underperforming.

To play the 4-3-3 with any real effect the wingers need to be top class, and you are right, since Robben and Duff we have slowly gone further and further downhill.

Scolari wants to buy, but he's been told theres no money available unless he sells. ALready we've got £12m from the Bridge deal, so thats a start. I'd rather we didnt buy for the sake of it just because the money is there. If the player doesnt improve the team then leave it till the summer when the market is more open.

I agree with what Tri-Blue says. Really, what we are lacking is a winger, but if the right player isn't available we shouldn't go looking just to spend all the money we do have on the next-best player. However, the £10-£12 million we got from the Bridge deal won't go too far, IMO.