Opinion: Ziyech has improved, but rebuild means he has to go

James

Hakim Ziyech to leave Chelsea this window, and for me it should not even be a debate. We have just signed three attackers in the shape of Mykhailo Mudryk, Joao Felix, and Noni Madueke. Our squad is now bloated, especially in attack. We cannot register them all currently in our Champions League squad, a player […]

View the full article

Improvement … well there was little room in the other direction. He is a super limited player. Absolutely useless in most PL games due to his complete lack of pace and strength he can almost never work it into his decent left foot so his one great attribute never really comes to shine. Signing him was a complete miscalculation of how a player of his calibre could ever possibly fit here. Also has a terrible attitude. Unfit to wear the shirt. Can’t wait to be rid of him 

On 23/01/2023 at 22:44, Magic Lamps said:

Improvement … well there was little room in the other direction. He is a super limited player. Absolutely useless in most PL games due to his complete lack of pace and strength he can almost never work it into his decent left foot so his one great attribute never really comes to shine. Signing him was a complete miscalculation of how a player of his calibre could ever possibly fit here. Also has a terrible attitude. Unfit to wear the shirt. Can’t wait to be rid of him 

Its a shame but this has to be said. The hatred of African players by some Chelsea fans is just so unreal. Apart from Drogba who had his fair share but at least won the CL with Chelsea, other players like Mendy, Ziyech, KK2, Mikel Obi, and Kalou have over the years had nothing but abuse from Chelsea fans despite their succesful times with club and are the first players who are criticised or want sold. Chelsea fc support is very big in Africa and its because of these players. The Club would never big as big as it is now had it not been for its huge massive support in the continent.  RA recognised this fact. But yes, players like Mendy who has won the African Natioins Cup or Ziyech who got to the semi finals of the WC are nothing but crap and unfit to wear the shirt! Not surprising, the AN cup, since its African and is the equivalent of the Euros, will be belittled by these fans. With Ziyech, in his two years  or so of playing for Chelsea, when has been a consistent starter for a run of games with the Club???

1 hour ago, didi007 said:

Its a shame but this has to be said. The hatred of African players by some Chelsea fans is just so unreal. Apart from Drogba who had his fair share but at least won the CL with Chelsea, other players like Mendy, Ziyech, KK2, Mikel Obi, and Kalou have over the years had nothing but abuse from Chelsea fans despite their succesful times with club and are the first players who are criticised or want sold. Chelsea fc support is very big in Africa and its because of these players. The Club would never big as big as it is now had it not been for its huge massive support in the continent.  RA recognised this fact. But yes, players like Mendy who has won the African Natioins Cup or Ziyech who got to the semi finals of the WC are nothing but crap and unfit to wear the shirt! Not surprising, the AN cup, since its African and is the equivalent of the Euros, will be belittled by these fans. With Ziyech, in his two years  or so of playing for Chelsea, when has been a consistent starter for a run of games with the Club???

This is absolute bullshit. It has nothing to do with Ziyech being African. I have admired African players at Chelsea and in general most of my life and so do many Chelsea fans. Drogba is obviously one of my favourite players ever. He has a banner and a song at Stamford Bridge, was voted among our greatest ever players. Mikel too has a banner that has occasionally been flaunted. Michael Essien has been voted among our legends as well. How can you say there has been nothing but abuse?

Moreover, never have I said a bad word about Kalou or Mikel. Both a revered cult heros among Chelsea fans.

Mendy I have defended even over months of bad form cos he had been instrumental for our CL run.

Many of our players who are European by nationality have families with African roots. Chelsea as we know it today would not be the same without African players this is clear to me and to 99% of all Chelsea fans. Ziyech being a poor excuse of a player has nothing to do with that.

Ziyech is just pants, same as Koulibaly btw. Both are just not good enough, which is in stark contrast to many great African players we had the honor to have at our club in the past. I stand by that.

Edited by Magic Lamps

1 hour ago, didi007 said:

You are the only person here with an agenda. Tbh I (and probably most people) don't even really think about nationalities (and definitely not continents) in football, but I'm sure we have had pretty amazing contingent of Africans throughout the years. There is a simple problem with Koulibaly that he plays like a man in his 40s, the rest of the players all did great things for Chelsea and even Ziyech who never really banged here I have a lot of sympathy for as he is obviously a very good footballer it just didn't work out for him here.

I don't know why you are trying so hard to read something into this, we spend half of our time on this forum slagging off players and I'm sure a German could come on here and call us all fucking communists for hating on Kai Havertz and Timo Werner but it really wouldn't make a lot of sense would it?

12 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

This is absolute bullshit. It has nothing to do with Ziyech being African. I have admired African players at Chelsea and in general most of my life and so do many Chelsea fans. Drogba is obviously one of my favourite players ever. He has a banner and a song at Stamford Bridge, was voted among our greatest ever players. Mikel too has a banner that has occasionally been flaunted. Michael Essien has been voted among our legends as well. How can you say there has been nothing but abuse?

Moreover, never have I said a bad word about Kalou or Mikel. Both a revered cult heros among Chelsea fans.

Mendy I have defended even over months of bad form cos he had been instrumental for our CL run.

Many of our players who are European by nationality have families with African roots. Chelsea as we know it today would not be the same without African players this is clear to me and to 99% of all Chelsea fans. Ziyech being a poor excuse of a player has nothing to do with that.

Ziyech is just pants, same as Koulibaly btw. Both are just not good enough, which is in stark contrast to many great African players we had the honor to have at our club in the past. I stand by that.

hear hear!!!!

:clap:

On 26/01/2023 at 14:06, Mhsc said:

I'm sure a German could come on here and call us all fucking communists for hating on Kai Havertz and Timo Werner but it really wouldn't make a lot of sense would it?

Really lol'ed at this part.