Alex: Let me quit

The Sun...... :whistling:

Alex: Let me quit Chelsea

PHIL SCOLARI has been rocked by a transfer request from Alex.

The Brazil defender hopes to move on from Chelsea next month.

Alex said: “I told Chelsea a few days ago that I wanted to leave.

“There are many options. But I have to think them through and see if Chelsea will let me leave in January.”

It is a major blow for boss Scolari, who has failed to get on with his countryman since arriving in London in July.

AC Milan and Seville have already expressed an interest in the £10million-rated centre-back.

Alex is frustrated by his lack of first-team involvement, having made just 12 appearances so far this season.

He knows he is third-choice behind John Terry and and Ricardo Carvalho.

But what really worries the Brazil star is he will fail to make his country’s 2010 World Cup team.

Brazil boss Dunga currently prefers Lucio and Juan as his central defenders and has told Alex he needs to play more games to be considered.

Alex has not even been on the bench for the South Americans’ most recent qualifiers. The player, who began his career with Santos, came to Chelsea via PSV Eindhoven.

The Blues paid one dollar for him when he moved in the summer of 2007, after being on loan with the Dutch outfit for three years.

The silver lining for Scolari is that any money generated by a sale could help finance buying a top new striker.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blues paid one dollar for him when he moved in the summer of 2007, after being on loan with the Dutch outfit for three years

And we would sell him for 10mill? We would have 20 mill with Roman's 10 mill,so thats good money for a striker or winger.

Still i like him very much and i don't want him out

Chelsea defender Alex has stunned the club by asking to leave Stamford Bridge.

The Brazilian international has set his sights on a move away from Chelsea when the transfer window reopens after failing to hold down a regular place in the side.

Alex has struggled to hold down a regular place in the Chelsea side since his arrival from PSV Eindhoven due to the form of Ricardo Carvalho and John Terry.

Panathinaikos are leading the chase for the tough-tackling defender and have sounded out Alex about a move to Greece.

AC Milan and Sevilla are also believed to be interested in Alex and the player hopes Chelsea will let him leave.

"I told Chelsea a few days ago that I wanted to leave," Alex is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"There are many options. But I have to think them through and see if Chelsea will let me leave in January."

Alex's possible departure would be a blow to Blues boss Luiz Felipe Scolari as he looks to challenge for honours at home and abroad and it remains to be seen if he will grant the player's wish to leave.

if he wants to then he knows where the door is

that being said it is from the Scum so i'll take it with a pinch of salt

and i think that Slavo's been playing well lately too so we have backup

Agree, no point in forcing him to stay. Its being reported in a lot of media sources now....

if he wants to then he knows where the door is

that being said it is from the Scum so i'll take it with a pinch of salt

and i think that Slavo's been playing well lately too so we have backup

There's a direct quote from Alex. He could be mistranslated tho' so if he is, he'll probably deny it.

Anyway....Alex is a girls name :whistling:

LOL. There are many women named Terry here...

If it's true then i'll be gutted :( He's a fantastic defender, but him leaving gives us the ideal chance to get Mancienne into the team.

Unless we buy someone new. Won't surprise me if we actually do.

If it's true then i'll be gutted :( He's a fantastic defender, but him leaving gives us the ideal chance to get Mancienne into the team.

We get 10 mill and one space for Mancienne which is great,i don't want a player that is notz happy,if he does leave i wish him all the best of luck he was a true professional in the time he spent with us.

Chelsea insist they have not received a transfer request from Brazilian defender Alex.

The 26-year-old was quoted on Thursday morning saying that he had asked for a move away from Stamford Bridge.

However, in a statement on their official website, the Blues are adamant that they have not been approached by Alex.

Chelsea have also stated that no other member of Luiz Felipe Scolari's squad has asked to leave West London.

The statement read: "Chelsea would like to make clear that no transfer request has been received from any player.

"Chelsea will decide the future of any contracted player in the best interests of the club."