Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

What a crazy upside down world we live in where an 18 year old earning two million pounds a year can be accurately described as low waged. Poor lad 

Obviously I meant relatively. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

That is a LOT of players to shift. 

Loans - Slonina, Alfie, Humphreys, Ugochukwu, Omari, Deivid, Guiu

Sell - Kepa, Trevoh, Sarr, Chilwell, Connor, Casadei, Moreira, Anjorin, David Fofana, Broja, Lukaku, 

Guiu has been reported consistently as a player who will stay with the first team. 

Kepa, Sarr and Lukaku I cannot see anything but loans at best. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Looks like Calafiori is the target to replace him. 

That sounds good to me. My only consideration with Calafiori was that it would block Colwill's game-time. If he's being looked at as a hybrid LB/LCB then its 2 strong LB options in Cucurella and Calfiori and crazy depth in CB. 

Crazy depth maybe, quality and durability at CB would still be highly questionable however. 

Edited by King Kante

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Obviously I meant relatively. 

Guiu has been reported consistently as a player who will stay with the first team. 

Kepa, Sarr and Lukaku I cannot see anything but loans at best. 

Crazy depth maybe, quality and durability at CB would still be highly questionable however. 

They had to do that to secure his signing.

They'll take one look at him and loan him. Will sign a striker. 

Chelsea

• Riccardo Calafiori to Chelsea would cost €45-50m - more info in today’s edition of Fabrizio Romano’s exclusive column.

• Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall: “It is amazing to be sitting here as a Chelsea player. This is a club people grow up watching and hoping to one day play for, so it is a privilege to be here. I’m really excited to get going and can’t wait to show everybody what I can do.”

• Carney Chukwuemeka’s contract includes a £40m release clause. Chelsea insist on their position not to allow the talented midfielder to leave on loan. Every approach over a potential loan in recent months has been rejected so far.

• Chelsea have no plan to include Nicolas Jackson into any negotiation as he’s considered an important part of their project. Jackson is also very happy at Chelsea and only focused on his current club.

• Armando Broja: “It’s true, I have offers from Serie A, Bundesliga and Premier League”. “Staying at Chelsea? It is an option; I still have a contract here.” The expectation remains for Broja to leave Chelsea on a permanent transfer this summer.

21 minutes ago, Strike said:

Well the issue is international loans limit. I honestly don't think he'll be loaned aboard unless someone offers guaranteed playing time and a reasonable loan fee. Maybe a Championship loan? 

However, in a season where we may play 80 games, 3 CF's isn't unlikely- especially as the level is Conference League grpup and Carabao for the excess games in the first half of the season. 

36 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Well the issue is international loans limit. I honestly don't think he'll be loaned aboard unless someone offers guaranteed playing time and a reasonable loan fee. Maybe a Championship loan? 

However, in a season where we may play 80 games, 3 CF's isn't unlikely- especially as the level is Conference League grpup and Carabao for the excess games in the first half of the season. 

There will be 4 if we sign a striker (David)

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

Personally I am not convinced by the links to David or David the player, but let's see. However, even if he does I suspect Fofana, Washington and Broja to be loaned/sold so it will still bring us to three. Washington in particular cannot sit around for another season. 

4 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

All players with name Bakayoko and from Holland should be banned from ever coming here.

Robben was from Holland and ended up being one of the best wide players we've had at the club over the years.   

I get the Bakayoko hate but nothing wrong with Holland (as a development league) if you sign the right players.  

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Maybe that's true but I reckon they'll keep Guiu around till January and if he hasn't had enough playing time, they will find a loan for him.  

2 hours ago, Strike said:

So who are the 4?   Jackson, Nkunku, Guiu and possibly David from Lille (if it happens)? 

I'm not counting Broja as his sale would help with PSR concerns

1 minute ago, Mário César said:

arsenal with ucl it is a much strong contender to get calafiorin than us

Agreed but he wouldn't be guaranteed starter over there with Saliba - Gabriel as first choice CBs.    He'd walk into the lineup at Chelsea but granted we don't have UCL football for him.