Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 23/04/2020 at 1:38 AM, NikkiCFC said:

I rate this dude over Tammy and Dembele. If not Werner we should try with him.

He suits our style. I think big future ahead.

Cech, Drogba, Essien, Malouda, Azpi all came from Ligue1.

I agree

he is in my top 6 CF's that we could (or should) actually do (Werner is not as he is going to the Scousers)

1. Lautaro Martínez (although I assume he will end up at Barca or Real)

2. Dominic Calvert-Lewin (seriously doubt we would spend what it would take to pull him, but I think he would be perfect if we are going to go full blown HG)

3. Victor Osimhen

4.Moussa Dembélé

5. Aleksandar Mitrovic

6. Odsonne Edouard

I agree
he is in my top 6 CF's that we could (or should) actually do (Werner is not as he is going to the Scousers)
2. Dominic Calvert-Lewin (seriously doubt we would spend what it would take to pull him, but I think he would be perfect if we are going to go full blown HG)
3. Victor Osimhen
4.Moussa Dembélé
5. Aleksandar Mitrovic
6. Odsonne Edouard

I have watched Osimhen 5 or 6 times last season and I really like him. He is a faster version of Tammy, who is a little worse at passing than Tammy. Can Osimhen do that in PL though?

Right now, I would like to see Broja getting a fair chance. He needs to get a fair chance

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I agree

3. Victor Osimhen

4.Moussa Dembélé

5. Aleksandar Mitrovic

6. Odsonne Edouard

Gotta add Richarlison to the list. I think he'd be perfect.

20 minutes ago, jabj24 said:

Gotta add Richarlison to the list. I think he'd be perfect.

Everton wants £100m for him.

The least I could see them dropping to is £85 or 90m

£90m is only £7m away from Lautaro Martínez's RC come the first 2 weeks in July

Lautaro Martínez's buy-out will drop to 111 million euros in July
The Argentinean forward is on Barcelona's wish list and for two weeks in July, AS can confirm, he will be available for 111 million euros.

https://en.as.com/en/2019/12/11/football/1576056196_140544.html

as usual, I put up my COVID-19 disclaimer though

We really should be taking this whole 'I'm not moving to be a back up" reports with a grain a salt. Literally a year ago it was reported Werner didn't want to be back up at Liverpool, now all of a sudden they are allegedly his preferred destination. 

Having two strikers, of which neither of them are clear upgrades, could be healthy competition for the club. Not to mention opportunities in having both played at the same time. 

REPORT: Big-Money Moves Thrown Into Doubt for Manchester United With Ed Woodward’s Latest Statement

https://lastwordonfootball.com/2020/04/25/report-big-money-moves-thrown-into-doubt-for-manchester-united-with-ed-woodwards-latest-statement/

The Coronavirus has not spared any football club in its virulent spread throughout Europe. Even a club the size of Manchester United is having to respond to the crisis; Ed Woodward has recently thrown doubt onto any big-money moves for United with his latest statement, as reported by Samuel Luckhurst of the Manchester Evening News.

Big-Money Moves Thrown Into Doubt for Manchester United With Ed Woodward’s Latest Statement

The Coronavirus Taking Away Normality

The Coronavirus has taken away any sort of normality for virtually everyone in the world; Europe was one of the worst-hit continents.

It has been over a month since all five major leagues decided to suspend matches until further notice; despite efforts from many countries, the virus has not stopped, infecting and killing thousands across the World.

Already, two leagues have decided to cancel the rest of the season. Belgium’s First Division A decided in early April that enough was enough; they declared current leaders Club Brugge as champions.

The Eredivisie of the Netherlands made the call more recently, but instead of attempting to salvage the campaign in some way, it was declared null and void with no winners or relegation.

In terms of clubs, everyone from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain have been affected, and won’t be able to make the same calibre of transfers they would have hoped for in the summer. United are also in this boat, and Ed Woodward recently shed light on their situation.

Woodward’s Statement

The rather unpopular United vice-chairman told fans on the quarterly fans’ forum conference call that any move for 100s of millions of pounds is unrealistic due to the Coronavirus pandemic.

The Red Devils have been linked with multiple transfers for around this sum over the past month, including Harry Kane for £200 million, Jadon Sancho for £120 million, Kalidou Koulibaly for £90 million, and Jack Grealish for £60 million.

These comments have now thrown doubt onto whether the Red Devils will make any of the above moves, and with some more important than others, they may only see very few players arrive at the Theatre of Dreams this summer, a major blow to their rebuild.

Woodward’s full statement is below:

“Nobody should be under any illusions about the scale of challenge facing everyone in football and it may not be ‘business as usual’ for any clubs, including ourselves, in the transfer market this summer.

“As ever, our priority is the success of the team but we need visibility of the impact across the whole industry, including timings of the transfer window, and the wider financial picture, before we can talk about a return to normality.

”On this basis, I cannot help feeling that speculation around transfers of individual players for hundreds of millions of pounds this summer seems to ignore the realities that face the sport.

“Like all of you, we are eager to see the team return to the field as soon as we are advised it is safe to do so, hopefully to complete a season which still held so much promise for us in the Premier League, the Europa League and the FA Cup when it was suspended.

“We are in constant dialogue with our governing bodies about when and how that will happen and we will continue to engage with this Forum to keep fans consulted.

“And while it may be that games need to be played behind closed doors in the shorter term, we all recognise that football will not be fully back to normal until supporters are once again in attendance.”

?Jadon Sancho stance on Chelsea transfer emerges as Man Utd and ...?

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We really should be taking this whole 'I'm not moving to be a back up" reports with a grain a salt. Literally a year ago it was reported Werner didn't want to be back up at Liverpool, now all of a sudden they are allegedly his preferred destination. 

Having two strikers, of which neither of them are clear upgrades, could be healthy competition for the club. Not to mention opportunities in having both played at the same time. 

The horrid thing is..... we REALLY need to unload Michy (fucking Marina that bish demanding £45m was madness) and also we need to PRAY (even as an atheist lol)  that Atleti do not try and fuck us on Morata

if we cannot dump Michy and we get stuck with Morata, we are not doing fuckall at CF I fear

and we will have FOUR (unless we sell Giroud after just renewing him for a another year)

Morata would be a nightmare coming back here

he hates London, his wife is a bish who winds him up about it, and he will be a dressing room grenade waiting to blow

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The horrid thing is..... we REALLY need to unload Michy (fucking Marina that bish demanding £45m was madness) and also we need to PRAY (even as an atheist lol)  that Atleti do not try and fuck us on Morata

if we cannot dump Michy and we get stuck with Morata, we are not doing fuckall at CF I fear

and we will have FOUR (unless we sell Giroud after just renewing him for a another year)

Morata would be a nightmare coming back here

he hates London, his wife is a bish who winds him up about it, and he will be a dressing room grenade waiting to blow

I'm more worried about our midfield. Barkley I don't have a real issue with, (given that he looks to be a better player the deeper he plays) but Drinkwater and Bakayoko we will have real issues in selling. 

I think there are suitors for Batshuayi, hence the high asking price. No way the club nor Lampard want him sticking around anymore. He made it well known this season just the type of level he is at. 

Sport today report on a possible “massacre” at Madrid, as they look to cull large parts of this bloated squad. Named up front are Gareth Bale, James Rodriguez and Mariano Diaz. All will be sold the moment a buyer is found.

But it doesn’t stop there. Brahim Diaz and Alvaro Odriozola are also on the unwanted list, and will only end up sticking around as squad players if there’s no interest in them from elsewhere.

Of last summer’s arrivals, Luka Jovic, Eder Militao and Alfonse Areola are all also up for grabs if anyone’s interested.

Then there’s the old guard – Luka Modric, Marcelo and Lucas Vazquez. Again, they will stick around if there are no takers, but if someone wants to pick up their contracts, Madrid aren’t going to demand much of a fee.

That’s a full XI of players who could leave – how many buyers the club actually find remains to be seen.

not that those 2 (Jovic and Militao) are i my 'wow' book, but they are potentially cheap options, as Real will get shit for them compared to what they paid

RM have 2 players I would kill for

Raphael Varane and Casemiro (Casemiro only IF we sold Kante, which I know think (COVID-19) is unlikely)

this summer is the last one in which I would buy Casemiro, as he turns 29 in less than 10 months, he is only 11 months younger than Kante

btw

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Varane

same age as me now (27) as of today

Raphaël Varane
Date of Birth/Age: 25.04.1993 (27)

21 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'm more worried about our midfield. Barkley I don't have a real issue with, (given that he looks to be a better player the deeper he plays) but Drinkwater and Bakayoko we will have real issues in selling. 

I think there are suitors for Batshuayi, hence the high asking price. No way the club nor Lampard want him sticking around anymore. He made it well known this season just the type of level he is at. 

we are not going to get fuckall for Drinkwater, hell we will be LUCKY to get him out on a free with full wages paid by a club

Bakayoko we may well be fucked on too, lest hope Monaco wants him (Russian billionaire owner, so money is not an issue)

and ffs, we could have had 30-35m for Bats, no club was ever going to pay 45m for him, nw we will be luck to get 25m or so

since I joined here I have been sounding the alarm about non sales, mis-timed sales, horrid contract management, and shit buys

and now COVID-19 is making my nightmares reality  :(

thank fuck Roman is still worth around £11bn (he was back up to close to £14bn pre-VID, but has taken a 2.5bn pound or so haircut with the crisis, although his assets will rebound more than likely, (eventually), he is not a fool and hedged a lot I am sure)

My wife has talked me into opposing this Coutinho deal.

Too much money, too few goals for his talent level, almost too old (this is the last year I would even consider buying him at all, as he is 29 next summer), and it FUCKS us with Pulisic and CHO, both of whom are so young and need to be given space to grow.

Ziyech is a floater (AMF/RW) and Sancho is RWer, so no problems there as we lose both our RWers this summer.

I have to say pass on Coutinho.

I think we can roll with a winger set of CHO, Puli, Sancho and Ziyech as AMF/RWer as needed

Sancho can play LW as well (Ziyech cannot, he is too one footed) and both Puli and CHO can play RW as well

I will not lose my mind if we do not get Sancho this year, I just do NOT want him at either Manc club, let him stay at Dortmund for now IF we do not get him 

I am really trying to tamp down my own expectations overall on what we can do this summer

we are super fucked (as I predicted even before COVID) with selling dregs, now it is even worse

we desperately need a LB and a WC CB and a great CF, plus competition for Kepa (Willy is 39 at the end of summer ffs), those 4 things HAVE to be done, the rest can wait IMHO

Kante is more than likely going nowhere, so he needs to rebound huge and Lamps need to figure out how to use him better (that IS Lamps's fucking job, let's be honest on that, Kante is a truly WC footballer when played correctly)

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Its not as if Werner will be on the bench, would be daft to assume Werner would want to go there and sit on the bench. Firmino will drop in off the frontman and play as a 10 which is where he played in Germany and also has with the NT. It just means Klopp will have to sacrifice one of Wjinaldum, Henderson or Fabinho from his line up, most likely Wjinaldum whos had rumors around his future anyway.

18 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Kovacic/Jorginho/Kante/Mount/Ruben/Barkley/Gilmour

This Coutinho rumor is 100% his agent.  

there are only TWO names I know for sure that we are actually targeting

Moussa Dembele and Chilwell.

ALL the rest is just speculation, even Sancho.

TBH, I do not think Lampard thinks we even need to tinker with the CB's.(I think he is profoundly wrong here)

I also DO think he that he really wants another GKer, but I have ZERO clue who we are looking at, I can but put out my lists of who I think would be the best value.

57 minutes ago, Vesper said:

My wife has talked me into opposing this Coutinho deal.

Too much money, too few goals for his talent level, almost too old (this is the last year I would even consider buying him at all, as he is 29 next summer), and it FUCKS us with Pulisic and CHO, both of whom are so young and need to be given space to grow.

Ziyech is a floater (AMF/RW) and Sancho is RWer, so no problems there as we lose both our RWers this summer.

I have to say pass on Coutinho.

I think we can roll with a winger set of CHO, Puli, Sancho and Ziyech as AMF/RWer as needed

Sancho can play LW as well (Ziyech cannot, he is too one footed) and both Puli and CHO can play RW as well

I will not lose my mind if we do not get Sancho this year, I just do NOT want him at either Manc club, let him stay at Dortmund for now IF we do not get him 

I am really trying to tamp down my own expectations overall on what we can do this summer

we are super fucked (as I predicted even before COVID) with selling dregs, now it is even worse

we desperately need a LB and a WC CB and a great CF, plus competition for Kepa (Willy is 39 at the end of summer ffs), those 4 things HAVE to be done, the rest can wait IMHO

Kante is more than likely going nowhere, so he needs to rebound huge and Lamps need to figure out how to use him better (that IS Lamps's fucking job, let's be honest on that, Kante is a truly WC footballer when played correctly)

I am sure if we are after Coutinho, Frank is planning to play him as AM in 4-2-3-1 or LCM in 4-3-3. LW only if Ziyach is playing as midfielder.

Having both Ziyach and Coutinho as wingers would be very bad. And yeah with Puli and CHO here no chance we ever do that.

I remember in our national team we played some games 4-2-3-1 with SMS as AM and Ljajic and Tadic as wingers. All 3 players have characteristics to play AM and all do not have any pace.

It is so frustrating to luck pace in this positions so that is why I never want to see something similar in Chelsea. Ok one slow winger but two? Please no.

But like I said if we end up with both Coutinho and Ziyach I am sure one will play as midfielder. 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

that Atleti do not try and fuck us on Morata

They legally can not. 

But I am reading that they have financial problems. And if LaLiga does not resume they will lose a lot of money. 

They are still paying stadium and they owe us 60m for Morata. 

If they somehow can not pay we can use that situation and take Oblak? Saul? Gimenez? Felix?