Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The question is not what his price was at any time in the past, the question is what is his value now. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, but in my eye that value is a good deal less Lukaku + Casadei + £50m. For a player with a big salary cost and few, if any, other potential buyers, that's a ludicrous price to pay.

Sooner or later we are going to have to break the cycle of putting ourselves in desperate situations, then allowing clubs to exploit our self-imposed difficulties. Ending that cycle might cost us a fortune in salaries paid and transfer fees lost. Not ending it will cost us a heck of a lot more.

Eh. If anything I’d say Napoli are the ones in sort of a desperate situation, not us. They’re the ones who have the striker who has already told them he wants to leave and they’re the ones who desperately want a striker we have. We don’t need Osimhen, whereas if they don’t get Lukaku their fiery manager will explode.

Up until PSG lost Ramos we actually had quite a bit of leverage since no other big clubs were apparently in for Osimhen. Now PSG can take Osimhen off their hands and we’re either forced to sell Napoli Lukaku or be forced to keep his ass and his monster wages rotting in the reserves for a year.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Eh. If anything I’d say Napoli are the ones in sort of a desperate situation, not us. They’re the ones who have the striker who has already told them he wants to leave and they’re the ones who desperately want a striker we have. We don’t need Osimhen, whereas if they don’t get Lukaku their fiery manager will explode.

Up until PSG lost Ramos we actually had quite a bit of leverage since no other big clubs were apparently in for Osimhen. Now PSG can take Osimhen off their hands and we’re either forced to sell Napoli Lukaku or be forced to keep his ass and his monster wages rotting in the reserves for a year.

I agree with your summation of Napoli's situation. All the more reason not to allow ourselves to be exploited.

45 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Imo Jonathon & his agent probably told all suitors that he is moving on a free in 2025 and not interested in any move before then, told them to wait and talk in Jan. That's what I'd do. 

that is the only thing I can think of

the lad is FAR better than some of the haters (no clue why they are so) here seem to think

an absolute steal for around £20-25m

smdh

I cannot recall such disarray in most of the top valued teams in terms of out and out CFs (or lack of depth for some sides)

Inter are set, Atletico Madrid are now super solid, and Manure are probably ok now that they added Zirkzee, but............

Citeh now have nothing if Håland goes down, literally nothing, not even a false nine type, which is just crazy

Real have Mbappe forced to play CF (granted he can do so better than most all others out there)

Arse have shit Jesus and have false 9 Kai as the starter (granted he has been really good there the past 6 months and scored already today)

we are in total flux and uncertainty

Barca have an now rapidly ageing Lewa and if the strugglinf Vitor leaves, some scub backup only

PSG now have injury crisis (bye bye Osimhen chances I fear)

Pool have only the overrated Darwin Núñez, no backup at all, only the winger Jota or another winger like Gapko as a false nine

Bayern have no backup for Kane, they would have to shift Mathys Tel back to CF, which I do grant is probably his natural postion anyway

Spuds, reamins to be seen, Solanke has never done it on a big side

AC Milan are fucked if Morata goes down as Jovic is simply not good enough

Edited by Vesper

7 minutes ago, iceboy said:

It looks like we are getting Felix for 50M

£42.5m + £4m in possible add-ons

not outrageous

and now Conor will go through

and I consider LW upgraded and surely now one of Sterling or Muddy goes

hopefully Sterling as his 17m per year wages are insane

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Dušan Vlahović and Isak are the clear best CFs left if VO is going to PSG

but

so late in the window

The latter would probably command a big transfer fee unless we stupidly (IMO) offered Madueke in the deal.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the Osimhen doesn't happen, we go again for Samu. 

Edited by LAM09

25 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

The latter would probably command a big transfer fee unless we stupidly (IMO) offered Madueke in the deal.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the Osimhen doesn't happen, we go again for Samu. 

Which would be worst case scenario. 

3 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Definitely. I think we would have Duran now but Conor rejected the move to Villa so the swap never happened

Why the F we buying Kellyman from them and not Duran. Could have swapped for Maatsen 

2 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Definitely. I think we would have Duran now but Conor rejected the move to Villa so the swap never happened

Villa are pretty stacked in MF

Amadou Onana (was superb today)
Boubacar Kamara (out injured but will be back in a few months)
Enzo Barrenechea (younger Argie DMF just joined from Juve)
Leander Dendoncker 
Jacob Ramsey   
John McGinn 
Youri Tielemans (was superb today)
Ross Barkley (lol)

so he would be back to fighting for minutes