Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

24 minutes ago, mkh said:

Napoli have made a proposal to Chelsea for a player-exchange:

Chelsea would sign Victor Osimhen.

Napoli would get Romelu Lukaku, Cesare Casadei and €45M.

(Source: @mattinodinapoli )

Yeah, I wouldn't be doing this. Napoli attempting to get VO out should be rasing alarm bells. At much as their owner is a bell end, he is typically a very good seller/judge of when to sell a player and he doesn't just go along with it unless it is a decent deal for Napoli. 

For me, it screams that he knows the hype train for VO is derailing and he needs to shift him asap. 

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be doing this. Napoli attempting to get VO out should be rasing alarm bells. At much as their owner is a bell end, he is typically a very good seller/judge of when to sell a player and he doesn't just go along with it unless it is a decent deal for Napoli. 

For me, it screams that he knows the hype train for VO is derailing and he needs to shift him asap. 

Exactly my thoughts as well, also Oshimhen himself is refusing to budge on his wages and wants a permanent transfer, sounds like he wants the bag and knows his stock might fall hard after this season.

Edited by TheHulk

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

A striker with his minutes last season should score 15-20 goals, we're basically promoting mediocrity here, he didn't outperform anything, he scored the bar minimum a normal striker with his minutes should score. Giving him a wage bump for this is ridiculous, either have a stunning season or 2-3 regular season of consistency before getting a wage increase, even 1/3 of his goals happened in that match against 9 men Tottenham, this is a joke either way you look at it.

So by your own words 15-20 goals he scored 14, we are promoting mediocrity because he scored 1 less 🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

So by your own words 15-20 goals he scored 14, we are promoting mediocrity because he scored 1 less 🤣🤣

Even if he scored 19 it's the same thing. He was bought for the striker role, a striker's job is to score, a normal striker is supposed to reach 15-20 goals a season, he is basically given a raise because he is doing what any normal striker should be doing, it's absolutely baffling. He should get a raise for doing something outside the normal 25-30 or at least be consistent for consecutive seasons. 

As I said a complete joke and I'm not surprised you missed the point.

Edited by TheHulk

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Usually yes. But they've read the Osimhen situation completely wrong. They would have got 90-100m last summer/this January but they got him to sign an extension thinking the price will go up this summer. Clubs are being mindful this year. Biggest deal so far is Alvarez for 75m euros

1 hour ago, Wise Old Man said:

For the title yes but I think we’d still pull off 4th 

Agreed.
I was a strong critic of last season's squad and my bet was no top4, but it's a different story now. The severely lacking strength in depth has been mostly addressed, so now it's up to the manager. The new system may become a hurdle esp early on, but we should now have enough quality to reach top4 even without a striker (target man) and a CB.

Renowned Nigerian prophet and founder of the INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, Primate Elijah Ayodele, has urged Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen to snub a move to Chelsea, claiming that the striker will not have the best of time should he join the London club.

The cleric made this statement in a 44-second video on social media.

It is not the first time that the primate has prophesied about the London club. In 2023, he equally claimed that the English Premier League club were cursed and needed cleansing.

“Chelsea are a finished club. If they are not careful, they will not function again. The people who bought Chelsea should go back to the owner and get his blessings,” he said.

“Otherwise, if they put 10, 20 strikers, defenders, and the best goalkeeper in the world, there is a curse troubling Chelsea at the moment. I have told you to take these words very seriously if you want to progress; otherwise, Chelsea can go to relegation.

So thats whats wrong then Egbali Boehly and Clownlake have to go back to Abramovich and ask his blessings. Good luck with that