Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Chelsea seeking transfer opportunities - Osimhen, Musiala, and mystery name, PREVIEW: Chelsea vs Arsenal, England team Lampard would pick, Player Performance Review: Noni Madueke, Much more..

https://siphillipstalkschelsea.substack.com/p/sources-Chelsea-seeking-transfer

Victor Osimhen signs but Mason Mount sold - new-look Chelsea team under  Mauricio Pochettino next season | talkSPORT

Morning People!

My mood is great, even though I think my own game is going to be cancelled tomorrow due to this constant rain in the UK right now. But I don’t even care, because Chelsea are back in action and for once, I am buzzing to watch them play! I’m not expecting miracles against a super strong Arsenal team, but I want to see fight and I want to see us match them up, and maybe, just maybe we can get something from the game. I’m happier with no expectations and us as underdogs, let’s put it that way.

You can read my full preview for the game including the predicted lineup, facts, head to head, and much more in here.

A big and exciting sourced story up next. It seems like Chelsea are making more big plans for the next two transfer windows, departures and arrivals. The club are seeking opportunities to make even more improvements, and they are eyeing up a few big names. You can read all about that in here.

As it was an international break just gone, I have been pondering England a little bit. But not the current England, the England of the future post Gareth Southgate. And this could also be connected to Chelsea. I believe the FA might want to speak to Frank Lampard about the role of England manager if he is available at that time, and rumours are that they will also want to speak with Jose Mourinho. So I have been pondering all that and more in here.

Noni Madueke was another star of this international break putting in some impressive numbers for the England U21s, and Luke Rushbrook was on hand to put his scouting glasses back on and do a performance review on Noni here for these last couple of weeks. He’s certainly knocking hard on Mauricio Pochettino’s door.

The last article for this week is our live blog from yesterday which you can find here. This covers ALL your latest Chelsea news, quotes, transfer rumours, injury news, and anything else from across the last 24 hours in one place.

We also had our latest Podcast episode last night. Myself and Jai were joined by the popular Chelsea Dodgers to look ahead to the Arsenal game on Saturday and talk all things Chels! You can listen to that here if you haven’t already.

Have a great weekend everyone and COME ON Chelsea!!! LET’S DO THIS!

UTC

Peace, Si.

Sources: Chelsea's long term squad planning underway

More entertaining sagas are on their way!

https://siphillipstalkschelsea.substack.com/p/sources-chelseas-long-term-squad

Mauricio Pochettino: Chelsea boss says he likes owners coming into the  Stamford Bridge dressing room | Football News | Sky Sports

Transfer sagas are truly addictive, some people absolutely thrive on them.

On this site of late, I have seen you all (and me) go through the emotions from the very top to the very bottom. Our most popular ever article on this site remains the Enzo Fernandez ‘Here We Go’ confirmation, and the most popular articles I write on here are always the sourced transfer articles. It’s exciting, entertaining, and dramatic. And as much as we hate a transfer saga if it does not go the way we expect or want it to go, we also cannot help but get truly pulled in by them and love them as well.

The point of writing all the above?

Well, based on what I am hearing this week, we might need to strap in and expect more sagas coming up.

Whilst Chelsea might have gone a long way to building the ‘complete’ squad and perhaps only need one or two more signings to have that, I am told that the club are already looking for opportunities next summer and if such opportunities come along to sign big players who will improve what we have in a certain position, then they will not hesitate in trying to get said deal done.

This is why I am really now keeping a close eye on the Victor Osimhen situation, because Chelsea certainly are. But there will be other ‘opportunities’ that could come up for Chelsea to sign a star or improve what they have, and they are already in planning for some of those situations.

I’ve spoken to people close to Jamal Musiala and I don’t see him coming back to Chelsea unfortunately. But that doesn’t mean we wont try - those are the kind of opportunities arising that I am talking about.

I was given one exciting name from my top source yesterday, but we aren’t allowed to reveal that name yet for a few reasons. I am ensured that I will be able to report it soon, so keep an eye on the page for that down the line.

But the long-term squad planning is well underway now, even for next summer. And that means potential departures as well as arrivals. Although the squad on the whole is close to being built and being the ‘finished article’ as such, the club are wise to always be seeking out potential chances to improve what we have even more. Remember, they want to get Chelsea back to the VERY top, and not just close to it.

Mauricio Pochettino, as previously reported here, will be heavily involved in all of these decisions now going forward as well. And as we know, he is keen to add a little more proven experience to the ranks.

I think we will be seeing plenty more exciting transfer sagas moving forward!

Simon Phillips

Chalobah now in tug of war between Roma and Bayern. I know opinions are similar to arseholes, we all have them but blowing my own trumpet have rarely been wrong about letting the wrong players go - maybe not the level of gross incompetency of letting De Bruyne and Salah go and become World class but its criminal to let Chalobah and Hall go.

there are only 10 or so of remotely available offensive players who could be that 'mystery man' and who are actually remotely in the same 'WOW' class as Osimhen and Musiala (Toney is obviously not a mystery man)

Vinicius Junior can ONLY be put here IF

A. Mbappe comes to Real

B. Mbappe refuses to play CF or they get a CF

C. Vini refuses to move from LW to RW

D. Mbappe also refuses to play RW

E. Rodrygo is also in the same category as 'only if a lot of dominoes all fall rightly'

and I cannot see other coming here if we e do not have CL on lockdown every year

so, the list:

Rafael Leão
Florian Wirtz    
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia 
Lautaro Martínez 
Leroy Sané (last year on my lists, he turns 29yo in mid January of next season)
Xavi Simons  

Dušan Vlahović   
Alexander Isak  
Evan Ferguson  
Lucas Paquetá  

then, not quite at that level of 'WOW'

Kingsley Coman  
Jonathan David 
Ollie Watkins  
Mathys Tel (insane potential though, could easily be a WOW soon)
Kaoru Mitoma 
João Félix (very doubtful) 
Dani Olmo  
Eberechi Eze 
Jarrod Bowen  
Loïs Openda 
Federico Chiesa  
Mikel Oyarzabal  
Serhou Guirassy

38 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Chalobah now in tug of war between Roma and Bayern. I know opinions are similar to arseholes, we all have them but blowing my own trumpet have rarely been wrong about letting the wrong players go - maybe not the level of gross incompetency of letting De Bruyne and Salah go and become World class but its criminal to let Chalobah and Hall go.

Hall perhaps

Trevoh, no, not for me

I rate all of these remotely available right footed CBs above him:

Matthijs de Ligt 
Marquinhos  (he is not happy at PSG)
António Silva  
Bremer
Giorgio Scalvini
Mohamed Simakan 
Robin Le Normand 
Jean-Clair Todibo  
Malick Thiaw  
Ousmane Diomande  
Nicolò Casale   
Kevin Danso   
Danilho Doekhi  

youth

Leny Yoro  

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I don't expect Chalobah to become world class, even if he joins Bayern. However, he is very solid at CB and RB too, good option. Disasi and Badiashile are similar age and costed around 40 million. If we sell Chalobah we need again around 40 million to have this level as backup option. Or we promote Humprhreys.

Hall, I feel his ceiling is very high. If he improves his finishing I can see him become a Bale-ish type player, he has the qualities.

3 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Humprhreys

is another left footed LCB

assuming we sell Trevoh, Thiago leaves, and Fofana is perma fucked

we are down to only one righted footed CB: Disasi

our other 3 CBs will all be lefties

Levi Colwill 
Benoît Badiashile
Bashir Humphreys

plus CuCu, another lefty

53 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Hall perhaps

Trevoh, no, not for me

Yes the list you show are excellent players (well the ones i'm familiar with, though i dont have your football wider knowledge) but Trevor you could easily see as part of our past glory teams, he had the potential to become Chels through and through which as we've seen is a great asset as to just buying so called 'quality' off the shelf which we've seen go tits up on how many occasions. Also his versatility is underated. I could sniff the fact he was being offloaded, once a player makes one or two mistakes 2nd chances are rare (unless youre cucu) Anyway its only opinions as I said..

West Ham are among Ian Maatsen's growing list of admirers, and Chelsea ideally want to tie him to a long-term contract despite his lack of playing time.

So far, Maatsen has rejected two contract offers, and if Chelsea fail to strike an agreement over fresh terms, they could entertain offers again this January

Trevoh Chalobah is set to become the next casualty of Todd Boehly's ruthless Chelsea regime - after Mauricio Pochettino was handed total transfer control.

(@RyanTaylorSport)

I think Chalobah, Maatsen and Sarr will be sold in January and Madueke, Washington, Broja (if a new ST comes) and Ugochukwu will be loaned.

Injured Bundesliga top goalscorer Guirassy to miss 'a few weeks'

Berlin (AFP) – Bundesliga top goal scorer Serhou Guirassy "will not be available for a few weeks" due to a hamstring injury, the striker's club Stuttgart announced on Sunday.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20231022-injured-bundesliga-top-goalscorer-guirassy-to-miss-a-few-weeks

Stuttgart forward Serhou Guirassy will miss "a few weeks" with injury

f2f25a5d40afbcd69b35fccddb5d9416.png

No truth to Victor Osimhen and Liverpool rumours

Another player we can be sure is one to watch in 2024 is Victor Osimhen. I’ve had many fans asking me about Chelsea’s interest, and also about Manchester United negotiating for him over a year ago.

I can say that Chelsea are still keeping an eye on Osimhen, but despite some media reports in Italy stating that he’s agreed a contract with Liverpool, my understanding is that he hasn’t agreed anything with any club. There is not even an agreement over a new contract with Napoli, despite receiving a huge offer from his current club.

Osimhen will take his time, but for now I can say the links with Liverpool are not true. Of course, Liverpool and many other clubs are keeping an eye on top strikers around Europe, but nothing is agreed, Osimhen will take his time. We’ll have to wait and see how it will evolve, even if it is sure to be one to watch in 2024.

Could Marc Cucurella now stay at Chelsea?

Marc Cucurella has been praised by Mauricio Pochettino after his improved form for Chelsea, so what could this mean for his future?

As I explained recently, the feeling was that Cucurella could be one who would be allowed to leave Chelsea in January if he continued to find himself out of the team. He’s now playing and is doing really well, even against Bukayo Saka in the game against Arsenal at the weekend, so it will be interesting to see if Pochettino now decides to keep faith in the player.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F5a6c35a4-da18-4bf4-96cd-4c3cbe26950c_5050x3364.jpeg

I can’t confirm yet what will happen, but I know that Cucurella has been super professional again since the Manchester United deal collapsed. He’s not complaining, just fighting for his place and now doing great. Pochettino and his staff are very happy with his mentality. There are no discussions about January now, Cucurella is only focused on Chelsea as they’re very happy with him.

Arsenal and other clubs monitoring Douglas Luiz

Douglas Luiz had another brilliant game for Aston Villa in their win over West Ham yesterday, and I can tell you that there are many top clubs monitoring the Brazilian midfielder.

Firstly, however, it’s important to say that Villa did a great job to extend his contract recently - he has an important salary now, and he’s an important player in Unai Emery’s side. Villa are doing really well, winning eleven consecutive home games, so it’s important to respect what they’re doing, because it’s an ambitious project and at the moment it’s going really well.

Still, there is interest in Douglas Luiz for sure. Arsenal wanted him a year and a half ago, and he’s always been a player appreciated by Arsenal director Edu. Let’s see what happens in January and if Arsenal will decide to move for a player in that position or not, but Douglas Luiz is certainly a player who remains appreciated at the Emirates Stadium, as well as many other top clubs around Europe. He could be one to watch in 2024, but Villa won’t make it easy to sign their star players, of course.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F93b9a40f-27f9-4b1c-86cb-f76cd7db30b1_3081x2054.jpeg

Another player being linked with Arsenal is Sacha Boey, but I wouldn’t get too excited just yet. We see this link since he joined Stellar agency in the summer, but he’s never been close to a move. There are no negotiations as of now as Galatasaray consider Boey a key player - his price was already around €30m in the summer.

Lucas Paqueta being linked with Manchester City again

Finally, we’re again seeing Lucas Paqueta being linked with Manchester City, which I think is to be expected for a quality player, but it’s just speculation for now as far as I’m aware.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fcca09f96-7d69-486c-bde6-8505447be4d8_5000x3333.jpeg

Paqueta has always been appreciated by City, as we’ve known for a long time but there’s nothing new happening at the moment. City signed Matheus Nunes in the summer in that position, so another similar signing in midfield might not make sense as a priority.

Of course, Kalvin Phillips could leave, as I reported last week, but for now there’s no decision made on the midfielder position for January, and it will also depend on the formula for the Phillips deal.

Sources: Toney priority for Jan, Osimhen, Sesko, Moukoko, and Vlahovic on list, The Debrief: Chelsea 2 Arsenal 2, Poch laying solid foundations, Did Mudryk mean it? News roundups, and more...

https://siphillipstalkschelsea.substack.com/p/sources-toney-priority-for-jan-osimhen

Brentford: Ivan Toney betting breaches explained - BBC Sport

Morning all,

Mixed emotions waking up on this Monday morning like I am sure many of you are feeling as well. I am certainly looking at the positives and taking those from the Arsenal game. But I’m still so annoyed that we threw it away when we were 2-0 up with 15 minutes to go, and the nature of how we threw it away.

I have my match debrief with the player ratings and my initial reactions on the game here.

These were my initial reactions straight after the game. I also calmed down a bit and reflected on the game and the overall situation we are in right now here. Things are looking much better for us now and we are actually within touching distance to challenging for a UCL place.

Mykhailo Mudryk scoring against Arsenal was pretty damn sweet mind, that one felt very good. And it was a real wonder goal right? Or was it? Anyone who thinks not will have Chelsea’s Danny Finkelstein, who is also part of our community here of course, to answer to! Let’s discuss the goal and see what everyone has been saying about it in here.

A big new sourced article on the latest on Chelsea’s striker pursuit for January next. I go through all the latest with inside updates on all the names on our shortlist, with Ivan Toney staying as the priority. Get all that and more in here.

Finally, we have Sunday’s news bulletin rounding up all the latest Chelsea news in one place here. This will have further quotes and reactions from the Arsenal game, and everything else that went on.

Right, join me on the live blog from 8am this morning! See you all there.

Peace, Si.

Chelsea

On 21/10/2023 at 06:52, Vesper said:

USA captain Tyler Adams out 4 plus months after hamstring surgery

I don't think he would have competed to start in our midfield, but thankfully we avoided that additional long term injury.