Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Superblue said:

That would be my take too. Our enquiries and initial proposals have been enough to bring Benfica to the table to see what they could possibly get out of a deal, but there's clearly a large difference between valuations. 

Absolutely no way I'm willing to believe we'd told Benfica we'll pay 127m and then changed our minds and knocked a third of the fee off.

the "we" part can be a bit nuanced these days. It may have been an agent in name of the club, and values initially used only to kickstart negotiations/draw interest of related parties.

better option than the "changing our minds" which would've been bad indeed.

Edited by robsblubot

3 minutes ago, Superblue said:

The issue with this isn't just killing off a relationship with Benfica for the future (who themselves have proven in the past to be a bit of a talent factory, especially with South American talent) but that negotiation will do the rounds and we'll find it incredibly difficult to deal with a number of clubs moving forward who'll be weary of doing business with us. 

As I mentioned before, I can see especially at those figures there being multi million pound negotiations with regards to payment structures, add ons, etc. But over £40m I don't believe it. 

Horseshit man, all reports I saw today all said the same fucking thing, Enzo wanting the move and missing training, made smarty pants American think he can get him cheaper so he backtracked like a complete clown and Benfica when they saw this got rightfully pissed.

4 minutes ago, Superblue said:

The issue with this isn't just killing off a relationship with Benfica for the future (who themselves have proven in the past to be a bit of a talent factory, especially with South American talent) but that negotiation will do the rounds and we'll find it incredibly difficult to deal with a number of clubs moving forward who'll be weary of doing business with us. 

As I mentioned before, I can see especially at those figures there being multi million pound negotiations with regards to payment structures, add ons, etc. But over £40m I don't believe it. 

yep, our cred (as I too said above) will be in the bin

and we can really forget any move for

6be888bb1eb884412192c0911ec3488c.png

I think what's important from that Ornstein video is that he is basically suggesting we have targets such as Enzo and if we can make a deal in January we will, and if we can't then we'll potentially return in the summer. 

I really hope this is the case and we don't end up buying for the sake of it this window. Whilst there will be mistakes and a learning and building process, I like a lot of what the new ownership are trying to put in place with regards to a football structure at the club with a more modern approach to scouting and recruitment. It's why I do believe with time, they could get something going here which is actually sustainable and doesn't require an owner to fund us year on year.

But if we blink and start bringing in players who are just going to add to the current problem (an example in my head would be Edson Alvarez) I'll be far from impressed.

6 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Horseshit man, all reports I saw today all said the same fucking thing, Enzo wanting the move and missing training, made smarty pants American think he can get him cheaper so he backtracked like a complete clown and Benfica when they saw this got rightfully pissed.

Enzo can want the move all he wants, it doesn't mean Benfica are going to sell him.

It’s done and fucked. And I keep seeing Ben Jacobs retweet his tweets from days ago saying we should keep an eye on Caicedo and Alvarez as alternatives. Fucking depressing if we settle for either of these who are vastly inferior. Then Enzo will end up at a rival in the summer whilst we’re stuck with more deadwood.

Useless fucking board.

Can someone who goes to games take a boehly out banner? This guy is going to turn us into a joke. He spent 250m on dregs in the summer and now is watching his pockets. We arent qualifying for CL this year. We arent going to win anything for the next few years. He has hamstrung us with his signings and appointments. We have lost credibility and respect.

2 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Can someone who goes to games take a boehly out banner? This guy is going to turn us into a joke. He spent 250m on dregs in the summer and now is watching his pockets. We arent qualifying for CL this year. We arent going to win anything for the next few years. He has hamstrung us with his signings and appointments. We have lost credibility and respect.

The bridge at full time tomorrow will be toxic. Battering and losing out on Enzo simultaneously. 

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It’s done and fucked. And I keep seeing Ben Jacobs retweet his tweets from days ago saying we should keep an eye on Caicedo and Alvarez as alternatives. Fucking depressing if we settle for either of these who are vastly inferior. Then Enzo will end up at a rival in the summer whilst we’re stuck with more deadwood.

Useless fucking board.

I'm 100% feeling the same way as you are but don't sleep on Caicedo... he is oen he'll of a player... I've been watching him closely at Brighton and in the World Cup and he really is a top midfielder. It wouldn't be the end of the World if we ended up with him by the end of the Jan..... but as alluded to in here already... Brighton will try to rinse us big time for him now. 

Just now, DDA said:

I'm 100% feeling the same way as you are but don't sleep on Caicedo... he is oen he'll of a player... I've been watching him closely at Brighton and in the World Cup and he really is a top midfielder. It wouldn't be the end of the World if we ended up with him by the end of the Jan..... but as alluded to in here already... Brighton will try to rinse us big time for him now. 

He isn’t the profile we desperately need though. He’s another box to box aggressor. 

For fucks sake it’s 2023 and Jorginho still fucking starts for us. 

15 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Hope so, this idiot is an absolute joke of a businessman. Basically killed everything Roman had done in all these years. Wonder how Roman feels watching this trash, probably angry and disappointed.

10 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Rui Costa told Enzo that going to Chelsea was wrong for a player who had just won the World Cup and that “more prestigious and better organized clubs” would arrive in the summer, advances

Enzo was not convinced and asked to leave for Chelsea.

Then Rui Costa can go fuck himself.... cheeky cunt. 

24 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He isn’t the profile we desperately need though. He’s another box to box aggressor. 

I know man... watching Jorginho struggle around the pitch is heartbreaking to be honest. 

17 minutes ago, DDA said:

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Spot on here. Caicedo is essentially a poor man’s Kante. Covers a lot of ground, breaks up play, presses well. But he’s not classy on the ball and isn’t a string puller. He’s not going to keep the team ticking over and breaking lines with his passing. 

Caicedo is the type of midfielder we should eventually target in addition to Enzo in the next couple of windows once Kante and Jorginho leave. He’s the type you pair with Enzo in a midfield 2.