Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, Mário César said:

to be fair 85M is perfectly normal bid for enzo

pay 130M it is too much for him, no matter how good he is 

its a lot of money and that is the type of signings that trasnformer the market 

€85m (£74m) is only £12m more than we paid for a backup LB (CuCu)

and I have never heard 130m euros (let alone pounds) that is 3m to 10m more than most reports said (and were apparently massively off the the other way in terms of what our actual off was)

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

127m was a ridiculous sum if money for a holding midfielder BUT we needed him that badly. Who the fuck are they going for now?? Who??

Enzo has it all... 😭😭😭

We will still get him 

45 minutes ago, whats happening said:

this was probably 85 millions now, and with later payments which would be more than the 120m release clause...idk why is everyone calling out boehly for this. reasonable offer instead of the crazy straight up 120 million.

The negotiation between Benfica and Chelsea got stuck. There was no agreement after 3 meetings. Chelsea did not arrive at the amount with which they had started the negotiation. There is no other meeting scheduled for the next few days -for now-.

FUCKING CONFIRMATION that Benfica came at the table with one offer and after Chelsea tried to lowball.

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

that is NOT what I understand to have happened

I thought that we had agreed to something simlar to what you said

BUT apparently it is NOT what happened

the €85m offer was the total, not the initial payment

Excl: Chelsea official proposal for Enzo Fernández was never €120m or €127m. The final proposal made to Benfica was €85m fee.

Romano was one of these pushing a couple of days ago that we were in talks for the 120-127m figure and now he's saying that was never our proposal. Let's have it out, he has a big following and he seems to have developed a niche for being someone to get in first when a deal is essentially happening but there are also a lot of transfer rumours he puts out which either amount to nothing or are lacking any real detail that allows him to sidestep away if it's not happening. I don't blame him, it's his job and it's a lucrative job being able to feed that beast.

But he like many others are fed most of their information by agents who are spinning their own narrative to suit their own clients and agendas. It's why so much transfer information on the internet is complete horseshit.

We used to be able to rely on Matt Law a lot more as he seemingly had a source within the club but now with Roman out, he too is on the outer (even admitted it on a podcast that it's much more of a struggle getting information from out of Chelsea now).

The one person out there that I feel comfortable with being 95% confident in is David Ornstein who seems to be first with a lot of exclusives, many of which haven't even been rumoured or reported, and he generally remains very coy on a number of 'hot' transfer rumours doing the rounds, probably because he knows many are complete bollocks. Although I haven't seen anything myself yet, from what it appears on Twitter his stance has always been that Chelsea were looking at Enzo but with a price in mind that wasn't as high as the release clause. 

I think, like usual, this transfer report has gone into overdrive and too many people are trying to push an exclusive to be the first rather than the actual reality of the situation.

Now one thing that Boehly does have to learn because it was clearly an issue in the summer, is a lot of clubs/agents/media seem to be using us at present to feed the media narrative, which was nowhere near as clear and obvious under Roman/Marina.

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

that is NOT what I understand to have happened

I thought that we had agreed to something simlar to what you said

BUT apparently it is NOT what happened

the €85m offer was the total, not the initial payment

Excl: Chelsea official proposal for Enzo Fernández was never €120m or €127m. The final proposal made to Benfica was €85m fee.

no one knows what happened, not even this clown fabrizio.

but, my guess was my previous post. there is no way imo that benfica would even start to conversate with our board about the player if they knew our offer was unacceptable. so after few days of negotiating they decided that the 85m inital fee + addons and future payments were not enough and thats it.

Here we are, 4 days ago he wasn't feeding the hype machine like every other journalist seemingly has who are now back tracking. He was seemingly bang on the money.

I'd be much more inclined to believe and trust David Ornstein then the reports we were ready to pay 127m.

All these ITK turds may be lying attention seekers but this time all of them reported that we were willing to pay the release clause which was true even Benfica believed this when they started sitting at the tables discussing but now idiot American changed his mind and showed other numbers, now all ITK look like idiots but in reality there is only one idiot and that's our owner.

13 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

We will still get him 

ZERO (sub ZERO) chance Benfica accepts €85m (£74m)

so either we cough up the €120m (£105m) or its no sale

I don't blame Benfica AT ALL

they have no obligation to fuck themselves

we are likely going to be the laughingstocks of the last TWO transfer windows

the club is already in serious crisis mode

we fuck around and make bad choices this January and then in the summer 2023 window and then combine that with the disastrous last 2 summers, and we may well be headed for years without CL

that is an insane loss of revenue

combine that with the massive loss of revenue (and prestige) each season from having an ancient, small, woefully inadequate stadium, PLUS the horrid wage bill from our shitbox buys (example: 70m euros in salary for KK over the next 4 years!!!!!)

and we are well down the path to being fucked in regards to FFP on a medium to long term event horizon

Edited by Vesper

Just now, whats happening said:

but, my guess was my previous post. there is no way imo that benfica would even start to conversate with our board about the player if they knew our offer was unacceptable. so after few days of negotiating they decided that the 85m inital fee + addons and future payments were not enough and thats it.

That would be my take too. Our enquiries and initial proposals have been enough to bring Benfica to the table to see what they could possibly get out of a deal, but there's clearly a large difference between valuations. 

Absolutely no way I'm willing to believe we'd told Benfica we'll pay 127m and then changed our minds and knocked a third of the fee off.

3 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Here we are, 4 days ago he wasn't feeding the hype machine like every other journalist seemingly has who are now back tracking. He was seemingly bang on the money.

I'd be much more inclined to believe and trust David Ornstein then the reports we were ready to pay 127m.

The only reason this guy wasn't eating at the same table with the other clowns is because his connection most likely was aware Chelsea was gonna lowball. 

Just now, TheHulk said:

The only reason this guy wasn't eating at the same table with the other clowns is because his connection most likely was aware Chelsea was gonna lowball. 

Or he isn't a sheep and actually gets relevant information himself?

5 minutes ago, whats happening said:

They didn't fucking knew because Chelsea told them it would be 120m and now lowballed.

This guy reliable as far as I know and practically confirms this.

1 minute ago, Superblue said:

Absolutely no way I'm willing to believe we'd told Benfica we'll pay 127m and then changed our minds and knocked a third of the fee off.

that's what I thought too, but now, well it seems like that is a distinct possibility

time will tell

BUT if we did do that, we are fucking bonkers

3 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

They didn't fucking knew because Chelsea told them it would be 120m and now lowballed.

This guy reliable as far as I know and practically confirms this.

absolute MADNESS if true!

Edited by Vesper

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

that's what I thought too, but now, well it seems like that is a distinct possibility

time will tell

BUT if we did do that, we are fucking bonkers

The issue with this isn't just killing off a relationship with Benfica for the future (who themselves have proven in the past to be a bit of a talent factory, especially with South American talent) but that negotiation will do the rounds and we'll find it incredibly difficult to deal with a number of clubs moving forward who'll be weary of doing business with us. 

As I mentioned before, I can see especially at those figures there being multi million pound negotiations with regards to payment structures, add ons, etc. But over £40m I don't believe it. 

17 minutes ago, Superblue said:

great post

and wow, I thought this was from tonight!, not new years day

so, YES, he was BANG on

he also said we value Mac Allister at £30-40m, NOT 60m

and that we will walk away from a deal if we think it bad

Edited by Vesper