Brighton 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

5 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

To be fair I can understand the tiredness argument.

Our schedule has been relentless, especially when you factor in Carabao Cup games and whilst near on every team has had a form of "covid" break during the last few weeks we're actually getting more games crammed in earlier rather than later in the season to factor in the Club World Cup. Juggling a lot of injuries, covid, etc during this period has stretched the squad to the brink at times. 

Azpilicueta and Alonso looked completely dead on their feet tonight. Towards the end Azpi was struggling to even track back. But unless we play wingers at full back, there isn't much by way of alternatives right now.

The tiredness factor only works up till a point.

If tiredness is an issue, then why did Tuchel start Lukaku for, I think, the fourth straight game? Why did he start Ziyech again? Why not Werner? Why not Havertz, who has suddenly started on the bench in the last 3 games? Why did Saul find himself on the bench again after the recent improvement? And let's not also forget that Tuchel went with quite a strong XI against Chesterfield. 

15 minutes ago, Jase said:

The tiredness factor only works up till a point.

If tiredness is an issue, then why did Tuchel start Lukaku for, I think, the fourth straight game? Why did he start Ziyech again? Why not Werner? Why not Havertz, who has suddenly started on the bench in the last 3 games? Why did Saul find himself on the bench again after the recent improvement? And let's not also forget that Tuchel went with quite a strong XI against Chesterfield. 

Kai is definitely tired. 
I think Ziyetch is preferred because despite his overall predicament he sometimes scores goals, whereas from Werner we 've seen only tap ins.
Saul is a midfielder and Tuchel's real problem is up front really.
Btw Giorginio was awful. He made two Man United like fluffs that could have costed goals.

Lukaku is lonely and useless. He needs somebody like a super Cesc or an Archie Gemmil to make things up for him and we ain't got such.
Only way he can score is if one of Azpi's crosses gets through one day.

Edited by cosmicway

RE Lamptey, he for sure is one quick, tricky player but I guess maybe because of his small size, he sure seems to lose his balance quite easily. He got at Alonso a lot but he rarely looked steady enough to do real damage against him. His pace advantage over Alonso was ended up negated by that and that Alonso was a tad more physical than him. 

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Sick of this wanker being rewarded for his careless performances and shit attitude. You can say you're unhappy with him as much as you like Tuchel actions speak louder than words.

Someone notify me if by some miracle he's finally held of account and taken off.

You know shit is getting really real when Tomo starts to call people 'wanker'. 😆

I have been looking forward to this game since the last. A chance for us to get some momentum moving forward. I can’t see how we are going to sell Lukaku? I just don’t have the emotional budget for this shit play right now. Werner and Havertz are doing fuck all too.  

6 minutes ago, Jase said:

You know shit is getting really real when Tomo starts to call people 'wanker'. 😆

You weren't here in the Torres era?

Genuinely thought that was as worse as it would ever get in terms of the sheer way a player is holding us back.

33 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Lukaku is lonely and useless. He needs somebody like a super Cesc or an Archie Gemmil to make things

Was thinking the same. Hasselbaink and Guddy - unfortunately Werner and Lukaku is more like Laurel and Hardy.

9 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I have been looking forward to this game since the last. A chance for us to get some momentum moving forward. I can’t see how we are going to sell Lukaku? I just don’t have the emotional budget for this shit play right now. Werner and Havertz are doing fuck all too.  

Full price no. But Newcastle paid 33 mil for Hazard (while we think he could n't be of use back in Chelsea).

2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

At least that was n't like Burnley or Everton.
Under more normal circumstances I would consider it as a small loss (don't tell me that Porto who has the same colours as Brtn are better).
I was about to search the Amex stadium phone number to suggest to some of you to call Ziyech, when at that moment he scored the goal. But apart from that nuts from him.
Between him and Pulisitch I prefer Pulisitch.
Lukaku was isolated again and our long range shooters who found some opportunities always went for the roof (CHO=Kante=Kovasitch).
Kai is certainly not ready, that being the reason he is not starting.

About Lukaku again I don't think he is fundamentally different from Diego Costa.
The difference was that back then we had Hazard who was opening defenses with his solo runs and feeding Diego. Also Cesc.
In the end we did n't like Costa, because he was a heavy man and we did n't like heavy men. But with Lukaku we changed our minds and splashed 100 mil.

Costa was difficult personality, but he pulled his weight. Lukaku is just shite.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Genuinely thought that was as worse as it would ever get in terms of the sheer way a player is holding us back.

Depends on when you said it. I only joined TC in Feb 2012. lol

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Hehe...remember those days.

There was the Drogba camp. And there was the Torres camp. I know which one I was part of. lol.

4 hours ago, Jase said:

Depends on when you said it. I only joined TC in Feb 2012. lol

I was constantly arguing people who somehow watched him and were coming to the conclusion he was better than Sturridge and Eto'o.

Players should proove on the field that they deserve to be on the stafting 11. Not with interviews on media or complaining. Tuchel said that Mount has beed unhappy from that he didnt started with City.. So we see again players power vs coach?? 

Something similar is happening in United too.