Brighton 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

This has been a woeful performance from us, what the fuck is going on, they are tearing us apart.

Why oh Why aint TT made any changes, 20 min to go, and still got 2 defensive MF's and Alonso and Dave

Edited by bigbluewillie

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

We should go back to 3atb or we will concede another 

Theres a reason we play a back 3 with Tuchel and have been largely successful with it. 

Simply, right now, I dont think this defence is good enough to play a back 4 in the way we want to play but apparently its “too defensive” according to some folk on here….. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Theres a reason we play a back 3 with Tuchel and have been largely successful with it. 

Simply, right now, I dont think this defence is good enough to play a back 4 but apparently its “too defensive” according to some folk on here….. 

I think we can pull it off in some games but not this one 

Here I go again — Brightons first thought is get the ball forward, our first thought is who’s behind me that I can offload the ball to. I’d love to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room — we don’t look a happy team to me !! Nobody takes responsibility to take defenders on , we have totally lost momentum !!

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think we can pull it off in some games but not this one 

I dont think we should use it a lot really. Barring the first leg v Spurs where we used a back 3 and 4 of hybrid depending on when we had the ball it hasn’t really worked at all.

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Simply, right now, I dont think this defence is good enough to play a back 4 but apparently its “too defensive” according to some folk on here….. 

Brighton did the same when we last played them.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

As dangerous as he looks lamprey agaiN Has been ineffective 

0g 1a all season as the most offensive fullback in the league 

if RJ would do that ppl would be furious 

Exactly.

But was apparently ripping us apart on the right…. I think he made one proper run from deep where he genuinely got away from anybody and into space. But fluffed the cross. The only good opportunity he had made from a Rudi and Alonso mix up where Rudi heads it out to him from a cross coming off the left. 

They made more opportunities/got into better positions from the left hand side with Cucurella.