Bournemouth 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Because Baka was an absolute disaster in the PL owing to its pace. Drinky, for all his faults was a half decent CM for Leicester for a number of years and was a key player in their title drive and played well for them in the CL. 

Baka in the PL was a disaster because he was never able to pick up the pace. On loan he has also not done that well, which is why everyone sent him back. Napoli fans were openly mocking him towards the end. 

People point to his run with Monaco but that was entirely down to Fabinho bailing his arse out all the time. 

Neither are great and I want a new CM, however if it does come down to Drinky v Baka (and Drinky has sorted his off the field problems to a reasonable degree) then I am taking him. 

Tbf Baka had a handful of games where he played very well here, for me against Spurs, United and Atletico in particular he looked a very good player, much better than Drinkwater ever did, but he did turn shit after that sort of initial period. It probably wasn’t the pace of the league as such, it was more the technical ability or lack of it should I say and footballing intelligence that made him look shit.

If Tuchel decides Drinkwater is good enough to be our 4th choice CM when he has sat on the bench for Villa and Burnley though and then played for whoever FC in Turkey then I would be surprised. 

Not one of them is good enough though really and we should be looking to get someone of a higher quality than both of them in.