Super Frank Thread

8 minutes ago, communicate said:

Is that really a quote from Lamp on the third goal? 

If the Athletic printed it, I would seem so. They are as reliable a Chels source as there is atm. They would never be so foolish to make something up out of thin air, as it would instantly burn all their connections, which are numerous.

Is that really a quote from Lamp on the third goal? 
Yes, it's accurate if I'm remembering the interview right. To clarify, he wasn't talking about alonso giving himself a mountain to climb to get in to the team or something like that. He meant that when you make mistakes like we did for the goals, you are making a mountain for yourself to climb to get a result in the game.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

Terry seems to be having a real impact on Villas defence, they are much tighter lately

and JT always did have a pair on him

Chelsea hero John Terry back at spiritual home | Sport | The Times

lolol

zero chance he would accept some of this assclownish defending

I wonder why JT was at the ground today?

EDIT

Seems he just stopped by for a picture in his daily run as they were at Fulham.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

If the Athletic printed it, I would seem so. They are as reliable a Chels source as there is atm. They would never be so foolish to make something up out of thin air, as it would instantly burn all their connections, which are numerous.

59 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

Yes, it's accurate if I'm remembering the interview right. To clarify, he wasn't talking about alonso giving himself a mountain to climb to get in to the team or something like that. He meant that when you make mistakes like we did for the goals, you are making a mountain for yourself to climb to get a result in the game.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

"And then Marcos loses his man for the third goal from the corner, a clear mistake. 

I thought on the third goal, you can see our defensive line step up, james was the one left otherwise it was offside any day. 

I don't know how you can blame Alonso there 

50 minutes ago, communicate said:

"And then Marcos loses his man for the third goal from the corner, a clear mistake. 

I thought on the third goal, you can see our defensive line step up, james was the one left otherwise it was offside any day. 

Because alonso lost his man who headed it for bartley to tap in. 

37 minutes ago, communicate said:

Those two man at the back should not be guarded

Screenshot_20200929-115108_YouTube.jpg

A player should also not be given a free header. Which was the inital and more brutal mistake. Once the header is won, the ball can go straight into willy's hand, out of play, in goal or a very lucky straight to bartley. Who is that no.3 of ours marking in the picture. 

Just now, Puliiszola said:

A player should also not be given a free header. Which was the inital and more brutal mistake. Once the header is won, the ball can go straight into willy's hand, out of play, in goal or a very lucky straight to bartley. Who is that no.3 of ours marking in the picture. 

It is enigmatic that Alonso despite how tall he is always loses his aerial duel against opposition similar scenario played out last season against Liverpool...

1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

Alonso was marking Bartley and he let him go. And he should be, it was 100% offside. 

12 minutes ago, prehuman said:

Burn Kepa, Burn Tomori, Burn Rudiger, Burn Zouma, Burn Jorginho, Burn Kanté, Burn Alonso, Burn Emerson, Burn Christensen, Burn all but the one responsible for all of them.

I wouldnt miss 5 of those and the others I would love to upgrade.

Just now, prehuman said:

A weak coach makes his players look worse than they are.

Agree totally and he needs to learn from HIS mistakes,

But it wont male those players any the better. And if we are serious about winning this league we need to be ruthless.

Tho I do think that spirit and playing as a unit means everything.

Frank Lampard has used 20 DIFFERENT defensive lineups in 41 Premier League games at Chelsea... finding a reliable back four is his biggest task after latest calamity at West Brom

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8781033/Frank-Lampard-used-20-DIFFERENT-defensive-lineups-41-Premier-League-games-Chelsea.html

4 hours ago, communicate said:

I just watched the replay and yes he was. 

7 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Alonso was not marking Bartley as far as i remember, he was marking the guy who won the first header.

10 hours ago, communicate said:

Offside trap was not the planned option, everyone automatically just moved up bc of how the ball is played so it maybe also was a collective mistake which happen when everyone goes ball wathcing. but alonso actually should have stayed with his markee holding the line. bc he didn't Reece tried to cover them both i guess or simply lost concentration himself. A more sophisticated defender than RJ would probably have made the smart choice and played them all offisde, saving the day by doing so but he was brought in this position by Alonso being the only completely misjudging the direction of the ball.

On a different note whilst our attacking play is boring AF and we are still not solid at the back, there is some improvement in the ladder in the sense that only the Silva mistake was a goal we conceded without Kepa or Alonso being at least partly at fault. This is a trend that we also saw in the last few matches of last season. If concede less from collective mistakes and more from individual mistakes. Mostly from Kepa and Alonso who i have called out for ages. Vs Liverpool and Brighton we looked defensively extremely solid for most of the match apart from Alonso/Kepa. AC has really stepped up apart from that red card obviously. Zouma has been faultless this season so far (so really sad not to see him last weekend). But yeah the chopping and changing needs to stop. By playing Kante as holder again, Lampard has minimally improved our defending but downgraded our attacking fluidity.

IMO 4 things need to happen for us to finally improve in the long run

-finding a consistent back 4

-replacing Kante with a ball playing but physical DM

-Kepa and Alonso out of the squad, they are making the players around them look worse than they are

-get ziyech, chilwell and pulisic fit and gelling in the team

I am confident Lampard knows this but he might have a different schedule than we would like